If you are sick of watching Duke vs UNC tonight | Syracusefan.com

If you are sick of watching Duke vs UNC tonight

SWFLCUSE

All Conference
Switch over to the deuce and watch my FGCU Eagles play the Belmont Bruins for the A-Sun Conference Tournament!!!

Marsh already has the DVR set for that game, and its not just cause he is sick of UNC/Duke its because he is sick in the head about college hoops.

I work with the team, so us making it all the way to the championship in our first year of post-season eligibility is big for us.

Switch over to the deuce and watch my FGCU Eagles play the Belmont Bruins for the A-Sun Conference Tournament!!!
I thought Belmont would run the table this year. If FGCU pulls it off I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the first game (if they get past the play-in)

Duke v UNC is overrated. Yes I know their history, but they play each other 3 times a year. All within about a month. ESPN acts like whenever they play it's the national championship and they won't meet again for 8 years.

Marsh already has the DVR set for that game, and its not just cause he is sick of UNC/Duke its because he is sick in the head about college hoops.
Dude all over it. Was up (barely) last night watching the BYU game. Today and tonight its once again bedpan time.
I took one for family today and my son is going to experience senior day with his mother. I have the PBR pounders on ice and look forward for the next 13 hours or college hoops.

I thought Belmont would run the table this year. If FGCU pulls it off I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the first game (if they get past the play-in)
This has been a dream scenario of mine for about two months!!!

I will be on it kid...
I promise you wont be disappointed, the players to watch for the Eagles will be Brett Comer (played in HS with Austin Rivers and on the All Freshman team), Bernard Thompson(played with Kevin Ware in HS), and Sherwood Brown( 2nd team All Conference.)

Dude all over it. Was up (barely) last night watching the BYU game. Today and tonight its once again bedpan time.
I took one for family today and my son is going to experience senior day with his mother. I have the PBR pounders on ice and look forward for the next 13 hours or college hoops.

That BYU game was surprisingly competitive. The Carlino kid (from UCLA) is pretty talented, but a turnover machine. San Diego's mini-point guard must have had 4 or 5 steals just from running up from behind on Carlino on what looked like fast breaks - kid's got an incredible motor.

That BYU game was surprisingly competitive. The Carlino kid (from UCLA) is pretty talented, but a turnover machine. San Diego's mini-point guard must have had 4 or 5 steals just from running up from behind on Carlino on what looked like fast breaks - kid's got an incredible motor.

I was pretty surprised as well that it was that close. Should be a good one tonight vs Gonzaga. Butler/Valpo...The Dons of USF vs St Marys. Tons of great hoops games today.

Oh yes then that suckfest of Duke/UNC is on. Hopefully its a blowout blowout so I dont have to pay any attention to it.

I'm a Mercer grad - can't believe we couldn't take it on our home court last night. Two years in a row we couldn't make it at least to the championship game on our home court. But congrats SWFLCUSE,

I'm a Mercer grad - can't believe we couldn't take it on our home court last night. Two years in a row we couldn't make it at least to the championship game on our home court. But congrats SWFLCUSE,
Thanks, it was one hell of a game and you guys played really good!

Also, keep an eye on the Penn/Harvard games. Ivy league will be determined in a playoff if both teams win out. Harvard was pushed to OT last night by Columbia. They have Cornell left, and I think Penn has Yale and Princeton to go. One game playoffs are always fun, especially if it is held in the Palestra

Can't stand all the ESPN hype for UNC/Duke. They run a promotion for it every 5 minutes and a constant crawl. Too bad they both can't lose. This will always be the big thing in the ACC. SU/Duke, SU/UNC will only be the thing to SU fans. It will never get the hype this game gets. I'm going to hate being treated like 2nd fiddle after the move. Hope we beat the crap out of whichever one of these we get in our region.

Can't stand all the ESPN hype for UNC/Duke. They run a promotion for it every 5 minutes and a constant crawl. Too bad they both can't lose. This will always be the big thing in the ACC. SU/Duke, SU/UNC will only be the thing to SU fans. It will never get the hype this game gets. I'm going to hate being treated like 2nd fiddle after the move. Hope we beat the crap out of whichever one of these we get in our region.

It is a tad out of control, especially because the commentary sucks. It's just overkill, we all know it's a big deal, and it would be more fun if you weren't forcing it down everyone's throats. I expect a lot of coverage, but hearing Jay Williams, etc..talk about their feelings from having played and watched these games is boring as .

duke-unc could impact us, i think the winner is in line for a 1 seed, and the loser a 2 seed in the east

duke-unc could impact us, i think the winner is in line for a 1 seed, and the loser a 2 seed in the east
If UNC wins tonight, and Duke beats FSU and UNC in the ACC tourney, I think Duke still gets a 1 -- or is atleast more deserving than UNC

Am I only the only one who had to Google what FGCU is?
haha, Thats not a surprise, we've only been a school for 14 years and this is our fifth year of D-1, and only our first being post season eligible.

Didn't know you were a fan, and here I was rooting for Mercer last nite, shame on me.

Didn't know you were a fan, and here I was rooting for Mercer last nite, shame on me.
Not only am I a fan but i am a team manager and have been at almost every home game and practice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom