If you could add one former player to this team... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If you could add one former player to this team...

Gmac or Warrick. Gmac is a legit PG and SG and Warrick is best post scorer I've seen since I've started following the team. Choosing Melo is too easy.

Gmac or Warrick. Gmac is a legit PG and SG and Warrick is best post scorer I've seen since I've started following the team. Choosing Melo is too easy.

Maybe too easy but why over think the obvious?

I want to avoid the obvious and also pick two names not chosen to this point:
John Wallace
Andy Rautins

I think Andy as a third guard (sorry TC) would bring a ton to this team (outside shooting, passing, exterior defense, and a legitimate 3 guard option with Triche and MCW if needed) I would love to see him and JSouth in the lineup together on opposite wings!

Maybe too easy but why over think the obvious?

I think its implied that most of us would take Melo, so our second choice would be more of an interesting awnser.

Picking the superstars is too easy. I am thinking about adding someone who was adequate scoring down low. I think MCW would have loved playing with Otis Hill in the middle.

who would it be?

This is a question that seems to get posted at some point during every season. Saw a post earlier saying Devendorf would help this team, which is no doubt true.

So knowing what we know about this current group, who would you add?

I'm torn between a big and a guard. This team is best stocked at the forward spots. The team needs help on both sides of the ball in the middle, some outside shooting, and just a high offense guy in general who can create his own shot and make things happen on offense.

I think I'd go with Waiters, in part due to the fact that he would still just be a junior right now. He woulda been turned loose this year, he could shoot the three and get to the tin almost at will (he woulda brought just about everything to the table that Devendorf did, but was a better all around player).

Carmelo Anthony is the answer to this question every season.

That being said, any lock down post player (Wallace, Hak) will do.

We need Preston Shumpert draining 3's, and Conrad McRae's inside presence.
We need Conrad if we need a turnaround jumper at the buzzer to beat 'Nova! :) Good times. McNasty!

who would it be?

This is a question that seems to get posted at some point during every season. Saw a post earlier saying Devendorf would help this team, which is no doubt true.

So knowing what we know about this current group, who would you add?

I'm torn between a big and a guard. This team is best stocked at the forward spots. The team needs help on both sides of the ball in the middle, some outside shooting, and just a high offense guy in general who can create his own shot and make things happen on offense.

I think I'd go with Waiters, in part due to the fact that he would still just be a junior right now. He woulda been turned loose this year, he could shoot the three and get to the tin almost at will (he woulda brought just about everything to the table that Devendorf did, but was a better all around player).

Any Player? Melo is a no-brainer (btw, only one Melo gets one name in my house - and if you think it is Fab Melo, go root for Rutgers).

Positional Need - A 5 with a post-up game - so Onuaku would get my vote.

Otis comes with Reafsnyder too I assume?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Umm no. Oh wait were you being sarcastic with the Otis Hill mention? My bad. Sarcasm doesn't come through when you just say the name. I loved Otis. Carry on

Ronie Seikaly. Interior defense and good low post scoring. Very good rebounder. Would open up the perimeter or he would go 20+/10+ every night.

Melo's the obvious answer, but i'd go with Derrick Coleman. Rebounding, scoring, toughness.

Since we only have 9 scholarship players and only 8 currently playing, can I add two if they are basically role players? If so:

Andy Rautins and Arinze Onuaku. Gives us a pure shooter and a strong inside presence.

Hakim Warrick. Him and MCW running the fast break would be an absolute joy to watch.

Hakim Warrick. Him and MCW running the fast break would be an absolute joy to watch.

Plus, Hak would singlehandedly solve all of the teams low post scoring deficiencies [and provide a solid rebounder, too].

Craig Forth.

Man, you stole my post. I was going to say that even Craig Forth would be an upgrade to what we have at center now. It's funny to think that of all the great big men we had, he was the center of our national championship team.

As for Melo vs anyone, of course it's going to be hard to argue but I'll try. Melo would be replacing someone we already argue minutes over. DC could play center, especially against today's talent, and no one would argue against the guys he's replacing losing time. On top of offense down low, he also provided some nasty defense. So to me, with the needs of this team, I think it might be shortsighted to say Anthony without hesitation like some have said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom