If you could choose, would you prefer 30 wins and sweet 16 or 14 losses + Final 4? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

If you could choose, would you prefer 30 wins and sweet 16 or 14 losses + Final 4?

Looked up Quade's history. We were courting him, then Kentucky came in and metaphorically seduced him.

Top recruit Quade Green spurns Syracuse basketball as he picks Kentucky

Now he's the one metaphorically seducing his fellow players, per this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kentucky.No links to . . . allowed on this site.com/Bolt/Quade-Green-picks-up-first-Kentucky-assist-50361812/Amp?client=safari

Note that the writer used the phrase that Quade would get a lot of dimes to Diallo. Not a direct quote but not your usual sports journalist's lingo either.

And as per Urban Dictionary, a dime DOES mean a great pass to a teammate. But in the third definition, it doesn't mention basketball, but a quantity of drugs, a hot woman, a term for a rat and --- $10,000.

Urban Dictionary: dime

And what is Kentucky rumored to do with recruits?

As the late Art Linkletter's catchphrase went: "Kids say the darndest things."
Check out the recruit forum on his thread if you have a few hours. :(

Looked up Quade's history. We were courting him, then Kentucky came in and metaphorically seduced him.

Top recruit Quade Green spurns Syracuse basketball as he picks Kentucky

Now he's the one metaphorically seducing his fellow players, per this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kentucky.No links to . . . allowed on this site.com/Bolt/Quade-Green-picks-up-first-Kentucky-assist-50361812/Amp?client=safari

Note that the writer used the phrase that Quade would get a lot of dimes to Diallo. Not a direct quote but not your usual sports journalist's lingo either.

And as per Urban Dictionary, a dime DOES mean a great pass to a teammate. But in the third definition, it doesn't mention basketball, but a quantity of drugs, a hot woman, a term for a rat and --- $10,000.

Urban Dictionary: dime

And what is Kentucky rumored to do with recruits?

As the late Art Linkletter's catchphrase went: "Kids say the darndest things."

Do any of your posts have a coherent thought?

a fan takes the 30 win team every time over the bad team that gets a lucky final four.

Bad team? Our "bad" team beat 4 ranked teams during the regular season including Duke @ Duke. How many "bad" teams do that? Name one. Some 30-win teams don't do that.

Last year's squad was a good team that had a good season with a great ending, bad teams don't do what they did.

B every time

Lute Olson had five in 30 years. Consider him a great coach?

UConn has 4 national titles in 18 years.

Tough comparison, but a HOF coach deserves to be held to a high standard.

Lute Olson had 5 in 38 years as a head coach. He was a great coach, no one would ever argue otherwise.

for the love of god just stop it. you are apparently emboldened by your terrible post from yesterday about sitting courtside that many gave the obligatory likes. a fan takes the 30 win team every time over the bad team that gets a lucky final four. first of all it is a . . . . premise from the OP to begin with. you take the better team every time. you should probably stick to giving us inane observations from "courtside".
All-righty then. You have your opinion, I have mine. They're different. I'm not wrong, you're not wrong. Someone is having a bad night. Giants fan? I feel your pain.

Could you tell me who forced you to read my post (or any other post for that matter) and waste your time so terribly? We take that kind of stuff seriously here, as no one should be forced to read things they find offensive. PM me if you don't want to out your captor. We have ways of dealing with situations such as this.

There are some people JB can't win with. I'd love to go back and find threads after 2012 and see who argued that the season didn't mean much because we lost in the Elite 8.
You and others in this thread (SWC) are confused.

Just because most would choose a 14-loss Final Four season over a 3 loss Elite 8 season doesn't mean 2012 "didn't mean much" or any other season that ended before a Final Four is dismissed.

The 2011-12 season was awesome. Just not quite as awesome as a Final Four season.

Just because most would choose a 14-loss Final Four season over a 3 loss Elite 8 season doesn't mean 2012 "didn't mean much" or any other season that ended before a Final Four is dismissed.

The 2011-12 season was awesome. Just not quite as awesome as a Final Four season.
Agreed 100%. I don't get the "if you choose the Final Four option you don't care about 30 win seasons" opinions. Just because you choose one (as the OP asked) doesn't mean you don't care about the other. :noidea:

You and others in this thread (SWC) are confused.

I like a mix of both, but a Final Four certainly takes the sting off of a couple down years. And I agree, 2012 was a great year. Wire-to-wire top 5 does not happen too often to teams not named Kentucky, Kansas, Duke or North Carolina.

I say final 4. But I also think more people would choose option A if we were still in the Big East with our old rivals. Beating Georgetown, UConn, St. John's, Villanova all meant something. We are now in the ACC with no rivals. So I feel the regular season means a lot less when you're not playing a rival every week. So give me the final 4 but mainly that's the case because our regular season doesn't mean what it used to.

How are we as Syracuse fans not sick of sweet 16 finishes? We have what 25 of them? Let's be real no fans from elite programs like ourselves would ever bring up sweet 16s unless they wanna mock your post season choking job. How on earth is this even debatable?

Then I guess maybe your reading comprehension isn't as good as it used to be.

"As long as you play well enough to make the tournament, 20 vs. 30 doesn't matter if you make the FF." Where is that 'dismissing' 30 win seasons?

"Would I be happy to be undefeated in the regular season? Absolutely." Where is that 'dismissing' 30 win seasons?

"And no one is dismissing anything or saying 30 win seasons don't matter. The question was would you rather have 30 wins and a Sweet 16 loss, of a mediocre season and a FF."

I didn't think I had to say "And no one is dismissing anything or saying 30 win seasons don't matter, including me. The question was would you rather have 30 wins and a Sweet 16 loss, of a mediocre season and a FF."

So, for the record, no one is dismissing anything or saying 30 win seasons don't matter, including me. Once more, the OP asked, "If you could choose, would you prefer 30 wins and sweet 16 loss or 14 losses + Final 4?"

I chose. It's not your choice, and that's fine. I was ecstatic when we won all those games, and I wish we do it again very soon. But if the choice comes down to 30 wins or a Final Four, I'm choosing Final Four. Every time. Every single time.

If you think that is dismissing 30 win seasons, I don't know what to tell you. :noidea:

But this is: "Post-season is pretty much all that counts."

I was just saying that 30 win seasons are meaningful, too. I actually said that i'd rather have a Final Four than a 30 win season if it was a choice. I just felt that 30 win seasons also have value and should also be appreciated. . If you believe that then we don't have a problem.

But this is: "Post-season is pretty much all that counts."

I was just saying that 30 win seasons are meaningful, too. I actually said that i'd rather have a Final Four than a 30 win season if it was a choice. I just felt that 30 win seasons also have value and should also be appreciated. . If you believe that then we don't have a problem.
Have to agree with you here SWC. 30 win seasons are a lot of fun and as I said earlier, I wouldn't ever want to give up the memories of those late 80s teams in the DC, Billy, Stevie era. Even though they didn't make a Final Four, they were a true pleasure to watch.
Having said that, overall I'll take the Final Four over the big season in most cases.

I would gather most fans don't realize how much success we have had. Some fan's say 5 final fours by Boeheim and 6 overall is underachieving. It's also 8th all time. We also have the 8th most tournament wins of all time. Anyway you shake the numbers Syracuse is a top ten program.

All-righty then. You have your opinion, I have mine. They're different. I'm not wrong, you're not wrong. Someone is having a bad night. Giants fan? I feel your pain.

Could you tell me who forced you to read my post (or any other post for that matter) and waste your time so terribly? We take that kind of stuff seriously here, as no one should be forced to read things they find offensive. PM me if you don't want to out your captor. We have ways of dealing with situations such as this.
people were really nice to you and gave you the obligatory "likes" after your puff post which was basically to thank cto for your seats. which I am totally for, by the way, I like the stories too. but then you start berating people in the nonsense post about 30 win season or final four or whatever, and it rubbed me the wrong way.

Lute Olson had 5 in 38 years as a head coach. He was a great coach, no one would ever argue otherwise.

I'll leave you to your opinion about Lute as a great head coach.

But actually we're both wrong on the numbers. He had five in 34 years as a head coach, unless you expected him to reach the Final Four from Long Beach City College.

people were really nice to you and gave you the obligatory "likes" after your puff post which was basically to thank cto for your seats. which I am totally for, by the way, I like the stories too. but then you start berating people in the nonsense post about 30 win season or final four or whatever, and it rubbed me the wrong way.
Berating?

jennifer-lawrence-oh-yeah-thumbs-up.gif

Final four only thing I care about as a fan, I will remember last year far more than the great teams we had that didn't get to the final four, it would be like Dallas losing to Green Bay this weekend, Packers fans wont remember 10-6 regular they will remember the road to NFC championship and Dallas fans will be all for nothing.

Only thing that matters in NCAA regular season is getting in to tournament, the NCAA regular season is actually very boring and mundane because there are no player rivalries etc. Although NBA season is longer at least you get to see great match ups. I couldn't name you a player on any ACC team other than Syracuse or Duke and I watch just about every Syracuse game, you couldn't pay me to watch NC st versus Wake

seasonal wins put butts in the seats. not final fours. attendance is down . nobody likes watching us get blown out at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom