If you listen to JB he thinks we can win games….eventually | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If you listen to JB he thinks we can win games….eventually

If we're 3-6 going into G'town, it's going to be tough to recover. Kids lose confidence and coaches eventually lose teams. Things can snowball out of control. The on-court bickering isn't inspiring hope in me. And it's a big ask of a 80-year old to keep a team short on depth and talent focused.
We just need to win a game.

First half was fine.. Auburn got at least 5 baskets on pure crap and we probably should have been leading by 6-8 not down 10 but that happens. Had a couple stretches in the 2nd were we dug out of the hole and need to make a play to get it back to 6-8 and couldnt get it done and then like the other 3 losses the other team got on a roll and we pressed.

Still Auburn was the best game we played the whole year in many ways.

I'm not sure what a coach is supposed to say, when he/she knows that their team isn't very good.

"It's just not our year. We'll be better next season!"

"The kids I recruited aren't as good as I thought they'd be. Really disappointed in them"

And nobody thought we would beat ASU after losing to Colgate and VCU. Indiana has played no one. We are at home. I expect to win. I hope the fans show up and havent punted on the season already.
I'm not sure that nobody thought we would beat ASU. Indiana is the most likely win, but usually we would be playing something like Eastern Michigan, Cornell, and Northeastern after a tournament as brutal as Atlantis.

I'm not sure that nobody thought we would beat ASU. Indiana is the most likely win, but usually we would be playing something like Eastern Michigan, Cornell, and Northeastern after a tournament as brutal as Atlantis.
People literally posted this on the board 2 days ago.

We played Indiana in 2013 after Maui btw.

People literally posted this on the board 2 days ago.

We played Indiana in 2013 after Maui btw.
My point is that not "everyone" posted that and I am talking about the next three games. You have to admit that normally they would be our three toughest OOC game stretch in a normal year. This year we have six of those games in a row followed by playing at Georgetown.

My point is that not "everyone" posted that and I am talking about the next three games. You have to admit that normally they would be our three toughest OOC game stretch in a normal year. This year we have six of those games in a row followed by playing at Georgetown.
We are looking at this entirely differently. You are looking at this with doom and gloom. If we win 2 we are in good position. JB does his best work in this position.

CUSE is a "D" with a lot of holes and a starting PG with no handle.
In yesterday's post game presser, JB made a remark that ACC teams don't press.
I can hear Lee Corso..."Not so fast, my friend."
When playing CUSE they may make an exception.

We are looking at this entirely differently. You are looking at this with doom and gloom. If we win 2 we are in good position. JB does his best work in this position.
If we win 2 of 3, I suspect you are saying, as you should, that Nova is a loss. We will not be in "good shape" 4 losses in the OOC is trouble. Big trouble. We play B.C and Pitt twice. While they will help out win total, hopefully, they won't help our RPI.

I think you know I am a lot less doom and gloom than many here. I am trying to develop a realistic take on this team and it is difficult. There is a real possibility of going into the Georgetown game with a losing record. I'm also attending the Nova and GTown games, so maybe I'm a little more concerned than I would normally be.

CUSE is a "D" with a lot of holes and a starting PG with no handle.
In yesterday's post game presser, JB made a remark that ACC teams don't press.
I can hear Lee Corso..."Not so fast, my friend."
When playing CUSE they may make an exception.
I think Jb will devise some way to fill those holes in the zone. What that way is, I have no idea.

If we win 2 of 3, I suspect you are saying, as you should, that Nova is a loss. We will not be in "good shape" 4 losses in the OOC is trouble. Big trouble. We play B.C and Pitt twice. While they will help out win total, hopefully, they won't help our RPI.
7-4 in the OOC isn’t a death sentence, but It’s not great either. And RPI is dead. It’s the NET that matters. And I will still be making the trip to the garden for the Nova game. I know a lot of people threw in the towel after VCU.

Usually the pre-league schedule is fairly easy and they don't lose many but when they get to the ACC they get beat by some weaker team early on because the they haven't faced good teams. I think this year they will lose less in the league.

Usually the pre-league schedule is fairly easy and they don't lose many but when they get to the ACC they get beat by some weaker team early on because the they haven't faced good teams. I think this year they will lose less in the league.
Might. the league doesn't look strong. But we still can't handle the ball. We still play just terrible defense.

I think you know I am a lot less doom and gloom than many here. I am trying to develop a realistic take on this team and it is difficult. There is a real possibility of going into the Georgetown game with a losing record. I'm also attending the Nova and GTown games, so maybe I'm a little more concerned than I would normally be.
Fair enough. I’m being realistic here. I said 18-21 wins based on past history. I am not saying we are great. People have tried to misconstrue my words.

I just know its not cool to post anything with any positive(realistic) spin here anymore so I make fun of posters who have repeated the same thing for 5-6 years when they act like stuff wasn’t posted and it’s triggered some. Like everything else Americans have short attention spans. If this was the OT board I’d be bumping Kaiser posts from years ago just to prove the point ;).

And nobody thought we would beat ASU after losing to Colgate and VCU. Indiana has played no one. We are at home. I expect to win. I hope the fans show up and havent punted on the season already.

I don't know, we can shoot - so we can win games people think we shouldn't.

I think we beat VCU maybe 4 out of 10 times.

I think we beat ASU maybe 7 out of 10.

Auburn 0 out of 10, but likely 1 out of 25? We might give up less lobs some games though.

Colgate maybe 6 or 7 out of 10.

It's not like we're the worst team ever. Maybe the worst SU team in forever, but not like the worst in the history of the world. Cole determines a lot in those 40/60% winnable type games. How consistent can he be????

Buddy is about the only one I have much faith in tbh, but he's just never going to be dominant with the ball - even against Colgate, when the going gets tough, decent defense can keep him from doing much of what you'd hope for from an AA type player. Which ain't a great situation as pressure D against us, and lack of defense overall, are going to make end of game situations VERY important for this squad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom