If you listen to JB he thinks we can win games….eventually | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

If you listen to JB he thinks we can win games….eventually

Hey - never going to knock someone for hope.

I’m a bit more pessimistic about things bc of our defense and PG and overall talent, but that’s why you play the games.

As I’ve said before, just remember, it’s the hope that kills ya.

After listening to JB’s presser I feel a lot better after the past few days. We will win games that matter. Indiana and FSU are winnable.

I get that not having national championship upside is frustrating though.

After listening to JB’s presser I feel a lot better after the past few days. We will win games that matter. Indiana and FSU are winnable.

I get that not having national championship upside is frustrating though.
I am okay with being a plucky middle of the road P5 program like Providence or Notre Dame in the old Big East. Our fanbase has to just stop pretending we are elite.
If we accept what we are the temperature should cool.

Well my narrative goes like this. The Colgate game I throw out because it was a statistical anomaly. VCU they played decent but cold shooting Cole did us in. I don't really blame him that much, playing a mega game at a crazy resort with a strange gym. Happens. Then they beat a tough minded ASU team in a very unrelenting game with a lot of athletes and full court press all game long. By the time they got to Auburn, 3rd game in 3 days against a athletic pressing squad, they just didn't have any gas left in the tank. He let Benny and Symir play a lot and get some valuable experience. I'm drawing a line across the schedule at this point and think the team is considerably better from here on out.
Lord I hope you’re right. This is getting painful. Continuity matters with the zone, and all our forwards, two of whom already have athletic limitations, are still learning the zone. Feels reminiscent of the 2016-17 Andrew White and John Gillon team, but less athletic.

Last edited:
I am okay with being a plucky middle of the road P5 program like Providence or Notre Dame in the old Big East. Our fanbase has to just stop pretending we are elite.
Nobody is ever going to accept that nor should they.

They also should not throw in the towel after 6 games.

The board struggles with middle ground. That’s all I was getting at here. I will still be at the garden in 10 days.

Lord I hope you’re right. This is getting painful. Continuity matters with the zone, and all our forwards, who already have athletic limitations, are still learning the zone. Feels reminiscent of the 2016-17 Andrew White and John Gillon team, but less athletic.
Will get a better reading by the end of next week.

In the last 12 years, only 2 schools have gone to more sweet 16's than us. Duke and Kentucky. Just like ND and P.C. in the last 5 tournaments . we have done that 3 times. Just like P.C. and N.D. We have had times when we weren't Syracuse before. We went 16-13 back in '82. leo got hurt that year but we really weren't that good before he was hurt. We had missed the tournament in '81. Now, what we have seen in the last week and a half, is really bad. And change is needed. We have become stale. But P.C. and ND would change places with us in a second.

In the last 12 years, only 2 schools have gone to more sweet 16's than us. Duke and Kentucky. Just like ND and P.C. in the last 5 tournaments . we have done that 3 times. Just like P.C. and N.D. We have had times when we weren't Syracuse before. We went 16-13 back in '82. leo got hurt that year but we really weren't that good before he was hurt. We had missed the tournament in '81. Now, what we have seen in the last week and a half, is really bad. And change is needed. We have become stale. But P.C. and ND would change places with us in a second.
Sweet 16s are nice.
I am talking about the regular season.

We have the ability to be that overachieving team in the dance but we aren’t going to compete for the NC that way.
The NC is won overwhelmingly but the top seeds.

I appreciate once we get in we are a tough out but our talent isn’t built to win a NC.
We are a Notre Dame or Providence in the regular season.

Sweet 16s are nice.
I am talking about the regular season.

We have the ability to be that overachieving team in the dance but we aren’t going to compete for the NC that way.
The NC is won overwhelmingly but the top seeds.

I appreciate once we get in we are a tough out but our talent is built to win a NC.
We are a Notre Dame or Providence in the regular season.

In the last 12 years Duke has two chips and UK has 1.

Their NBA players also have a combined contract value of over two billion dollars.

Last edited:
Nobody is ever going to accept that nor should they.

They also should not throw in the towel after 6 games.

The board struggles with middle ground. That’s all I was getting at here. I will still be at the garden in 10 days.
If we aren’t going to accept that then frustration that the head coach has done with the roster construction & management it’s all fair game and that has been the main issue.

If we aren’t going to accept that then frustration that the head coach has done with the roster construction & management it’s all fair game and that has been the main issue.
Thats fine.

So is calling my family and and some posters morons for repeating the same stuff that’s been said the past 5 years about a guaranteed losing seasons after 5-10 games. We were 6-4 last year and lost by 20 to Pittsburgh and the same stuff was said. Maybe we will bottom out and I’ll look dumb, but it’s a risk I am willing to take.

I know I’ve triggered some people, but I am sick of our society being incapable of reminding anything longer than 5 minutes ago. If that hurts the board and my
idiot family than they have become soft.

I don’t expect us to be either of those schools to be fair. I just expect us to be a top 4 ACC regular season team more than once in nine years.
Expecting to be a top 4 ACC program and thinking that JB or the fan base are content without being that level are 2 different things. I think you sometimes blend the 2.

Thats fine.

So is calling my family and and some posters morons for repeating the same stuff that’s been said the past 5 years about a guaranteed losing seasons after 5-10 games. We were 6-4 last year and lost by 20 to Pittsburgh and the same stuff was said. Maybe we will bottom out and I’ll look dumb, but it’s a risk I am willing to take.

I know I’ve triggered some people, but I am sick of our society being incapable of reminding anything longer than 5 minutes ago. If that hurts people than the board and my
idiot family have become soft.
I get it now. You aren’t really upset with people who are barking at other things.
You are pissed at the low information, anti-polyanna/, chicken little posters.

Expecting to be a top 4 ACC program and thinking that JB or the fan base are content without being that level are 2 different things. I think you sometimes blend the 2.
JB isn’t content. I get the dude is ultra competitive and is smart.
He just doesn’t adapt to the same flaws we have year after year.

The next HC is very likely a huge downgrade. Dasher has said this when you are 49 years old and 77 years old you don’t have the same energy and drive to do the small things.

Years ago when WVU won a second round NCAAT game against ND Huggins was recruiting that night. That type of stuff.

Torrence needs to start at pg i agree with the other poster who said starting 5 should be torrence Girard buddy swider edwards with Jimmy and Benny off bench. Benny has a long ways to go he looks uncomfortable out there but is an athlete at least

Thats fine.

I know I’ve triggered some people, but I am sick of our society being incapable of reminding anything longer than 5 minutes ago. If that hurts the board and my
Of course your right. When any large number of players leave who got a lot of PT, and new ones replace them, it takes half the season for the new guys to really get the zone down. Every year the team gets stronger late in the season due to this fact.

Of course your right. When any large number of players leave who got a lot of PT, and new ones replace them, it takes half the season for the new guys to really get the zone down. Every year the team gets stronger late in the season due to this fact.
This is so laughable.
JB’s teams historically are strong to the start the season because of how he coaches. His teams are usually finished products to start the season.
He coaches every game like game 7.
Then we would hit the wall in late January/February and bounce back.

Can you I rent you to call Boston sports radio as an optimistic patriots fan to troll them?

Thats fine.

This goes back to Alsacs point though. You are pointing to last year as a solid season or at least a reason to have optimism. We were an 11 seed. This frustration has been building for a better part of a decade watching mediocre teams. And this year looks even worse. This isn’t a snap reaction. It’s watching a program atrophy over 7-8 years and a fan base refusing to accept reality because of a few Sweet 16s.

JB isn’t content. I get the dude is ultra competitive and is smart.
He just doesn’t adapt to the same flaws we have year after year.

The next HC is very likely a huge downgrade. Dasher has said this when you are 49 years old and 77 years old you don’t have the same energy and drive to do the small things.

Years ago when WVU won a second round NCAAT game against ND Huggins was recruiting that night. That type of stuff.
The next HC will be replacing HOF 50+ year face of the program. That’s a given.

This goes back to Alsacs point though. You are pointing to last year as a solid season or at least a reason to have optimism. We were a 11 seed. This frustration has been building for a better part of a decade watching mediocre teams. And this year looks even worse. This isn’t a snap reaction. It’s watching a program atrophy over 7-8 years and a fan base refusing to accept reality because of a few Sweet 16s.
It’s not a reaction just to JUST last year. Did you even read my posts? We don’t know if this is worse.

I have 6 years of posts after 5-10 games telling me the same fact thing you just posted. We were 0-4 one year in the ACC and 10-7 overall and made the FF. The same stuff was said then. You guys can’t re write history no matter how many times you try.

You can be frustrated about mediocrity without completely throwing in the towel.

This is so laughable.
JB’s teams historically are strong to the start the season because of how he coaches. His teams are usually finished products to start the season.
He coaches every game like game 7.
Then we would hit the wall in late January/February and bounce back.

Can you I rent you to call Boston sports radio as an optimistic patriots fan to troll them?
It takes time for a zone to become instinctual, it is much better late in the year and in the tourney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom