IL: Bracketology: Men's Division I, Sixth Look May 2 | Syracusefan.com

IL: Bracketology: Men's Division I, Sixth Look May 2

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/bracketology-men-s-division-i-sixth-look-may-2/28449

No. 1 Syracuse

Remaining Schedule: vs. Colgate (5/3)

Even if Syracuse were to lose to Colgate, their RPI would still be No. 2, all else equal.

The most likely scenario at this point is that Syracuse is a top two seed hosting the winner of a play-in game. It is likely that the winner of the Siena vs. Marist game would be one of the two play-ins that would play to face Syracuse in the first round, based on proximity.

28449.jpg

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/bracketology-men-s-division-i-sixth-look-may-2/28449

No. 1 Syracuse
Even if Syracuse were to lose to Colgate, their RPI would still be No. 2, all else equal.

The most likely scenario at this point is that Syracuse is a top two seed hosting the winner of a play-in game. It is likely that the winner of the Siena vs. Marist game would be one of the two play-ins that would play to face Syracuse in the first round, based on proximity.

28449.jpg

That would be a great outcome for Syracuse. Avoiding both Bryant and Albany. A win tomorrow is so vital as I noted earlier in the week.

How good is Penn? I ask because if they aren't as good as Notre Dame I would prefer being the 2 seed with that potential draw play-in/Penn-UNC/Loyola-Cornell if seeds held over play-in/ND-Denver/UVA-MD to get to the NC game.

How good is Penn? I ask because if they aren't as good as Notre Dame I would prefer being the 2 seed with that potential draw play-in/Penn-UNC/Loyola-Cornell if seeds held over play-in/ND-Denver/UVA-MD to get to the NC game.

I still believe that Loyola is very dangerous.

penn playing well now.. 6 in a row.. tied with cornell 3 to go today.. cornell hasnt played well since the SU game.

That would be a great outcome for Syracuse. Avoiding both Bryant and Albany. A win tomorrow is so vital as I noted earlier in the week.

Not avoiding Bryant according to the bracketology - or am I misreading it?

Patrick Stevens‏@D1scourse 38m
Look for a Siena-Bryant play-in to get funneled to Syracuse and a Richmond-Air Force pairing with the winner going to Duke.

Brian Higgins‏@BrianHigginsSU 3m
Barring something peculiar expect @SUMensLax to be 1 or 2 seed and play Bryant, Siena or Air Force next Sunday at 7:30.

Last edited:
Not avoiding Bryant according to the bracketology - or am I misreading it?

Bryant wasnt the favorite in their conf tourney but Hobart upset St. Joes. I think Siena can beat Bryant, I will certainly be rooting for them.

No. 1 Syracuse

28449.jpg

From fire Desko to #2 seed.

Pretty funny.

From fire Desko to #2 seed.

Pretty funny.

Funny I didnt see this post or you posting at all after 16-8, 21-7 and a blowout loss at UVA where we failed to clear a half dozen times and Quint Kessenich called it the worst performance by Syracuse he has ever seen. Your completely ignoring how bad things were earlier in the season and they were very very bad.

Syracuse had an amazing turnaround based mostly on Chris Daddio having one of the biggest 180 turnarounds that I have ever seen in any sport. Also the development of Nicky Galasso finally being healthy with an energized Billy Ward transformed the offense from really good to excellent.

Still this is Syracuse Lacrosse were on the level of Alabama Football and Kentucky bball, excellence is expected and demanded, things are going to be ugly at some points especially when Syracuse is playing like Rutgers. Desko knows the drill this isn't some no name program this is Syracuse.

PS- Got your wedding RSVP yesterday, thanks for the quick response!

Last edited:
Funny I didnt see this post or you posting at all after 16-8, 21-7 and a blowout loss at UVA where we failed to clear a half dozen times and Quint Kessenich called it the worst performance by Syracuse he has ever seen. Your completely ignoring how bad things were earlier in the season and they were very very bad.

Syracuse had an amazing turnaround based mostly on Chris Daddio having one of the biggest 180 turnarounds that I have ever seen in any sport. Also the development of Nicky Galasso finally being healthy with an energized Billy Ward transformed the offense from really good to excellent.

Still this is Syracuse Lacrosse were on the level of Alabama Football and Kentucky bball, excellence is expected and demanded, things are going to hot at some points especially when Syracuse is playing like Rutgers. Desko knows the drill this isn't some no name program this is Syracuse.
Have to credit Desko and the coaching staff for finding solutions to glaring problems. Terrific turnaround.

Have to credit Desko and the coaching staff for finding solutions to glaring problems. Terrific turnaround.

Absolutely, I believe it was Rogers who completely changed Daddio's stance mid way through the season that has completely transformed Daddio from one of the worst X guys to now in the top 10 in the country, for christ sake he made Fowler commit 3 violations in on half. Desko has always been a good coach but the situation at the X had gotten to the point where something had to change it had become an albatross around the neck of the program. Kudos to the staff and kudos to Daddio for turning this team/season around.