I'm a Bit Surprised | Syracusefan.com

I'm a Bit Surprised

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Before the season started, I thought the defensive line would be really strong against the run with the beef that was added. But, USC was able to push them around with surprising success. LBs seemed a bit slow to plug holes. Secondary was ok when one takes into consideration the talent they had to contend with.

I wasn't expecting much from the offense, but they have been a surprise. Gulley is not-half-bad! Smith...not so much. He is really only effective when there is a pile to be moved. Wouldn't mind seeing more of Broyld as an RB. And the crop of receivers are pretty good.

I thought the OL would be a real weakness. But, Hickey has played well, Chebaine has held his own, Macky is no longer a weak link and Foy has been solid. The only week point is Alexander and that will be remedied with Pugh's return.

Now we get to the special teams coached by none other than...you know who. Just pathetic. I don't know what else to say. Kobena is a pretty good receiver with upside. But, he doesn't have "it" to break a kick-off return. I'd like to try Clark, but he is so slight of build that I'm afraid he will lose his head along with the ball if he gets creamed. Rene hasn't shown anything in two years. But, I can hardly recall a punt that out kicked the coverage. So, it's hard to say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom