Im going to catch hell from the resident uk fans | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Im going to catch hell from the resident uk fans

cusetown1 said:
Does that vid get you pumped?

I actually enjoy watching highlights of all players that make good plays. I always hated Reggie Miller but still to this day go back and watch videos of him on YouTube.

reedny said:
I think their bigs (Towns/C-S) are playing well (but who cares, given what's going on there). As far as Dakari, that's right on. Are you paying attention, two3zone?

I was responded to the topic of Kentucky's bigs "sucking". Yes, I am paying attention, are you?

image-1820610357.jpg

I actually enjoy watching highlights of all players that make good plays. I always hated Reggie Miller but still to this day go back and watch videos of him on YouTube.
not highlights of aaron hernandez though right ? Lol jk.

UK is just down the road from me, and I am definitely not a fan. However, I do think that Towns is or at least will be very good. A bit inconsistent, maybe, but he can play and defend under the basket well and step out to hit a mid-range jumper too. C-S is a shot blocker and dunker, that's about it, but that's not bad. Booker is good. The Harrison twins? So-so.

they're undefeated .they're talented. but they're the worst best team i've seen.

If Dakari Johnson chose SU he would be playing 5 minutes a game and everyone would be screaming for JB to give him a chance to play so we can see what he can do. He wouldn't see major minutes until next season (his junior year) when he would probably blossom into a 1st round pick. UK is the best team in the country this season but they are not unbeatable. There are 3-4 teams that might be able to beat them on a given night in the NCAAT. I doubt UVA could score enough to beat them though. A hot shooting perimeter team would have a better chance if they can rain 3's on them.

BlackSquirrels said:
cusetown1, I know you like spitting hot fire at Kentucky, but I figured you would cease your proclamations regarding UK big men after your "Anthony Davis will be a bust" call from a few years ago.

Lots of gems in that post.

cusetown1 said:
Lol I will on Tuesday. I'm busy right now.

I won't hold my breath but I can firmly say that I've never struck out and missed more than your expert analysis of Anthony Davis who's probably a top 5 player in the NBA.

I won't hold my breath but I can firmly say that I've never struck out and missed more than your expert analysis of Anthony Davis who's probably a top 5 player in the NBA.
we shall see. One good season so far and last means nothing, he still has to prove he can stay healthy.

Top 5 is short changing him. He's been the best player in the league this year. I think he has legit questions with regard to staying healthy but "bust" is quite literally laughable.
It's funnier to me more because the opinion of Davis had about 99% to do with where he went to school as opposed to anything he showed on the court. Plus throw in the fact of calling someone a bust before they turned 20.

Top 5 is short changing him. He's been the best player in the league this year. I think he has legit questions with regard to staying healthy but "bust" is quite literally laughable.
It's funnier to me more because the opinion of Davis had about 99% to do with where he went to school as opposed to anything he showed on the court. Plus throw in the fact of calling someone a bust before they turned 20.
Hes had 1.5 good seasons.

Theres more reasons to dislike kentucky than just Cal. How about Adolph Rupp?

Knicks411 said:
Top 5 is short changing him. He's been the best player in the league this year. I think he has legit questions with regard to staying healthy but "bust" is quite literally laughable. It's funnier to me more because the opinion of Davis had about 99% to do with where he went to school as opposed to anything he showed on the court. Plus throw in the fact of calling someone a bust before they turned 20.

It really is. If I was starting a team I would start with him right now being as young as he is.

He is probably top 3 easily but James, Durant and Brow are probably interchangeable.

Hes had 1.5 good seasons.

That's an interesting interpretation. He had a really good rookie year (21.7 PER; its one stat, but as a point of reference, for his career, Melo has a 21.2, so I guess he's a bust also), was an all star last year (deserved; higher PER than Melo has had in any season of his career), and is in the middle of an all time season this year.

But I mean if I made the call you did I guess this is the tact I'd be taking, so god bless.

The great irony is that 3 months into his rookie season was enough time to call him a bust, but now it's "he's had 1.5 good seasons"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom