I'm going to Defend JB | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

I'm going to Defend JB

What you don't understand, this hurts me. I am the most loyal friend any of my friends have. I have stuck by JB for over 40 years. Others on this board can tell you that. But do you know why things end badly? Because they end. If it didn't end badly, it wouldn't end. And this is ending badly. I have told people that if we had Sidibe, we could be pretty good. But it is beyond that. The final straw was Buddy playing the 3 in the last 10 minutes against va Tech and having Braswell and Woody sitting on the bench was just not fair. Or right. Also JB saying that Griff can't play the 2. Of course he can. I believe if we had a team starting of Sid, Marek, QG, Griff and Kadary, we would be very good. I really believe that. Suddenly, we would be athletic. And we wouldn't get killed off the boards. Buddy and Joe could still play. As could one of our reserve forwards. But JB wouldn't do that. Buddy has to play. No matter what. And I am probably the biggest Buddy fan here. But he shouldn't be playing the minutes he does. And I think everyone knows it but JB
So, basically you know how to coach a college basketball team better than Jim and you believe he is making decisions based on personal feelings, not for the good of the team.

Probably real good defensively, but real iffy offensively.
Buddy plays too many minutes, no doubt. But there's also no doubt his mere presence on the offensive end opens things up - and, I'd argue, a big reason why we're averaging 80/gm this year, even with him shooting sub 30% so far from 3.
Ideally our 3 guards would split the 80 combined minutes from the 2 guard spots roughly even - like 25-30 minutes each.
Great shooters which Buddy isnt ( he is good) Great interior scorers, and Guards that can beat guys off the dribble all open things up.
I would go with Kadary as the constant at PT and depending on the team we are playing go with the hot hands at the 2 and 3. Griff Joe Buddy and Bras. 2 out of those 4.
Personally i love a lineup of
1: Kadary
2: Buddy or Griff
3: Bras or Gumby
4: Q or Gumby
5: Edwards Frank or Gumby.
Joe subs for Kadary and plays some at the 2.
Personally i think Joes minutes need to be based on the other teams D. Against pressure Ds he doesn't bring much to the table.
I would however have him on the court full time if we have a 10 point or greater lead with 5 or less minutes for his foul shooting.

So, basically you know how to coach a college basketball team better than Jim and you believe he is making decisions based on personal feelings, not for the good of the team.
I bet you have watched a movie or two and said that movie wasn't good. have you ever made a movie? Do you believe that you know how to make or write a movie better than what you just watched? I have watched JB coach for over 40 years. He has been a great coach for Syracuse. That doesn't mean he still is. He is 76 years old. He doesn't have the energy he did at 46 or even 56. That is just life.

"Good Fans" go down with the Ship. The Captain Always Knows Best.

"Bad Fans" are Mutineers that consider an alternative course, or staging the lifeboats.

If for many years the Captain charts a course that circles the seas without finding a favorable port-
Just roll with the waves and always trust your Captain.
Ignore circling sharks, and the ship taking on water. It is not really sinking.

Trust Your Captain.

Yes, that's exactly what he said. :rolleyes:

I don't know whether you are King of Moving the Goalposts, or Prince of Strawman Creation.

Maybe both. Kudos.

Yes, that's exactly what he said. :rolleyes:

I don't know whether you are King of Moving the Goalposts, or Prince of Strawman Creation.

Maybe both. Kudos.
He also stated that if Sidibe was/is able to play, this would be a strong team. He supported and was "friends" with Jim when the times were good, but now the going is tough and well, see ya.

He also stated that if Sidibe was/is able to play, this would be a strong team. He supported and was "friends" with Jim when the times were good, but now the going is tough and well, see ya.
Your post is
1612103507600.gif

The comments being made aren’t about one game or one season.
You don’t want to comprehend that because then you can continue making these posts you do.

If there was reason for optimism I would be leading the charge defending the wall.

This is year 7 of the same old same old.
People have a right to express their opinion that change is time.

JB is 76 it’s not like he has a long term future. If we were actually addressing our weaknesses then more people wouldn’t be ready for change.
We don’t change what we do. It’s not working.

I was never friends with Jim. And this is business. Not personal. For many reasons, age being one, he isn't the same coach anymore. And we aren't the same program. It's amazing that you can't see that.

What you don't understand, this hurts me. I am the most loyal friend any of my friends have. I have stuck by JB for over 40 years. Others on this board can tell you that. But do you know why things end badly? Because they end. If it didn't end badly, it wouldn't end. And this is ending badly. I have told people that if we had Sidibe, we could be pretty good. But it is beyond that. The final straw was Buddy playing the 3 in the last 10 minutes against va Tech and having Braswell and Woody sitting on the bench was just not fair. Or right. Also JB saying that Griff can't play the 2. Of course he can. I believe if we had a team starting of Sid, Marek, QG, Griff and Kadary, we would be very good. I really believe that. Suddenly, we would be athletic. And we wouldn't get killed off the boards. Buddy and Joe could still play. As could one of our reserve forwards. But JB wouldn't do that. Buddy has to play. No matter what. And I am probably the biggest Buddy fan here. But he shouldn't be playing the minutes he does. And I think everyone knows it but JB
the 5 you mentioned is the lineup I thought would be the best pre-season. I agreee with your post and feel the same.

The Sidibe loss is huge for the roster and especially for how JB puts the rest of the puzzle pieces together. Really cant be underestimated.

I realized Buddy's freshman year that this is how it would go and I still watch...I guess I just think that JBs priority is coaching his son...which I can understand irks a lot of people. It does bother me a bit. But not enough to stop watching. I guess I just think that JB has literally given his life to the team and program and if he wants to end it coaching his son then he has earned it. I will be shocked if he conitnues after buddy is no longer playing.

I have watched him coach for parts of 4 decades...so many great games and thrills. I have learned so much about basketball and even life from watching the team that he has led and the things he has said...I know it will be a sad sad day when he is no longer the coach. So, yes, it does bother me a bit the double standard and hijacking the program for his personal vision with his son...I think he knows deep down that it is about him and his son more than winning right now...but obviosly could never come out and say that.

I was never friends with Jim. And this is business. Not personal. For many reasons, age being one, he isn't the same coach anymore. And we aren't the same program. It's amazing that you can't see that.
I don't believe he is old and feeble, his mind is still 100%.

I don't believe he is old and feeble, his mind is still 100%.
If JB had the infrastructure around him like Coach K does at Duke he would have more NCs than he does.
JB would do more with talent.
The problem is he doesn’t get the talent.
So he is stuck square pegging into round holes.
Part of his job is to get talent.
That is on him.
Benny is a nice player at best he replaces what QG is doing this year and I don’t think he will as a freshman.

Where are WN minutes going to come from.

We can’t really have MD and AG both come back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom