I'm going to Defend JB | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

I'm going to Defend JB

Then you were lying when you’d post all summer about drinking beer on the deck almost every night. Typical Hulk. Can never stick to a story.

No I was but in moderation. Couple beers on a nice warm night is no big deal bro.

Well, of all the things I am thankful for, and there are a lot, Syracuse not being Alabama is one of them. One Alabama is enough for this country.

Dasher. I actually respect u as an elder longtime poster and fan. But where this all started is I as a longtime passionate fan have loyalty to JB and he won't lose my loyalty.

No I was but in moderation. Couple beers on a nice warm night is no big deal bro.
“Couple”. Lol. Not how you presented it, bro. I don’t actually care, just calling out the inconsistencies. Must get hard to keep all the stories straight.

Dasher. I actually respect u as an elder longtime poster and fan. But where this all started is I as a longtime passionate fan have loyalty to JB and he won't lose my loyalty.

You ever going to answer my questions from earlier that I have asked twice now or keep ignoring them because you can't without looking stupid?

Grow up.

tenor.gif

You ever going to answer my questions from earlier that I have asked twice now or keep ignoring them because you can't without looking stupid?

What question ?

What you don't understand, this hurts me. I am the most loyal friend any of my friends have. I have stuck by JB for over 40 years. Others on this board can tell you that. But do you know why things end badly? Because they end. If it didn't end badly, it wouldn't end. And this is ending badly. I have told people that if we had Sidibe, we could be pretty good. But it is beyond that. The final straw was Buddy playing the 3 in the last 10 minutes against va Tech and having Braswell and Woody sitting on the bench was just not fair. Or right. Also JB saying that Griff can't play the 2. Of course he can. I believe if we had a team starting of Sid, Marek, QG, Griff and Kadary, we would be very good. I really believe that. Suddenly, we would be athletic. And we wouldn't get killed off the boards. Buddy and Joe could still play. As could one of our reserve forwards. But JB wouldn't do that. Buddy has to play. No matter what. And I am probably the biggest Buddy fan here. But he shouldn't be playing the minutes he does. And I think everyone knows it but JB

What question ?

You think George Steinbrenner would be happy and tolerate it if a really successful manager was no longer producing at the level he used to for several seasons in a row?

If you somehow took over managing your dealership and a guy who used to sell 200 cars a year was now just selling 10, you'd be ok with that?

You think George Steinbrenner would be happy and tolerate it if a really successful manager was no longer producing at the level he used to for several seasons in a row?

If you somehow took over managing your dealership and a guy who used to sell 200 cars a year was now just selling 10, you'd be ok with that?
Exactly on point. And as someone who managed a large financial sales force and was sadly forced to fire people for lack of production, it is not a fun way to spend a day. But sometimes it is better for all concerned. But most importantly for the firm and in this case, the school.

1. No
2. Depends how long he worked there and how good he had been and what were the circumstances for his decline in sales, and also how good of a sales team I had.

Your loyalty?
This is cult stuff.

We all are loyal to JB and SU.
That doesn’t mean you don’t get blank immunity from reality.
Nobody wants JB to go out in a manner that isn’t his choice. He gets evaluated for his performance.

You destroy Brian Cashman and Tom Thibs for their performances and ignore JB’s.

Your loyalty?
This is cult stuff.

We all are loyal to JB and SU.
That doesn’t mean you don’t get blank immunity from reality.
Nobody wants JB to go out in a manner that isn’t his choice. He gets evaluated for his performance.

You destroy Brian Cashman and Tom Thibs for their performances and ignore JB’s.
It is a good thing to be loyal. But what about loyalty to the University? Or the town? There are all sorts of loyalty here. Not just to JB. And that is what is at the heart of the matter. Loyalty is always a two way street. And as we all know, you can stay too long. Sometimes that long can be a week. Sometimes it can be a year. And sometimes that long can be over 40 years.

To each their own guys. Cuse is entitled to his opinion. I have always been an SU fan first. The institution is my love. Coaches and players second. Its probably why i push for traditional uniforms, or others mourn the loss of an Orange tree from a building. The institution is my JB. Dont get me wrong i think that he is one of the most if not the most important coach in SUs storied History. If not Jim then Ben. Still i hated the way the Hop situation unfolded and how Jim has run the program since his departure. The favoritism he has shown Buddy is understandable but his defense of it is actually sad.
At this point as a traditionalist i want his reign to end as he is hurting the program. Still i see and respect Cuse Rs loyalty to JB.

JB is a lifelong Central New Yorker he is one of us. He has been on the SU campus since 1962. Our Hall of Fame, National Championship, 1000 plus win HC and 3 time Gold Metal Winner. Let alone what he has done on the court he is the face of Syracuse University and the community and greater Central New York for all he has done off the court to his contributions to the community and society. Even more even at his age and tenure he has always had his finger on the pulse of his players and the base the community and fan base. Just like he knows what he has to tell his players privately and what he needs to let out public in the media. He also knows what us the fan base needs to hear at any given point. This fickle fan base which I'm a part of routinely wants to out him after any given loss then kneels at the alter when we beat VA Tech at home and win two in a row. Then after a road loss at top 10 UV wants him out again. Incredible. JB has forgotten more basketball then we will ever know even at his age. Leave him alone sit back watch the games and let him do his job.

What James Arthur Boeheim has done for this program is beyond recognition. It’s...incomprehensible and will never be closed to matched in any way.

Out of respect to the program he has built and the realities of today’s need to perform exceptionally more often than not, he needs to move on in some way.

But now the Syracuse way has become atrophied. My 14-year old looks at Syracuse as a “bubble team that sneaks in...but my Dad loves.” 2003 is as far away as the ‘59 Football national championship.

The team has been mediocre since arriving into the ACC. This program has far more assets and spends more money than anyone else. Big part thanks to Jim. But we need someone new to promote and ensure the health of what he built or we will have the largest seating capacity dedicated to a #227 shooting team in the country always on that bubble. And the situation should expect far more.

I have taken my future bride to Delmonico's. Don't have a regular table like JB does.
Sadly, those white collar amenities just keep eluding you.

if we had a team starting of Sid, Marek, QG, Griff and Kadary, we would be very good.
Probably real good defensively, but real iffy offensively.
Buddy plays too many minutes, no doubt. But there's also no doubt his mere presence on the offensive end opens things up - and, I'd argue, a big reason why we're averaging 80/gm this year, even with him shooting sub 30% so far from 3.
Ideally our 3 guards would split the 80 combined minutes from the 2 guard spots roughly even - like 25-30 minutes each.

Probably real good defensively, but real iffy offensively.
Buddy plays too many minutes, no doubt. But there's also no doubt his mere presence on the offensive end opens things up - and, I'd argue, a big reason why we're averaging 80/gm this year, even with him shooting sub 30% so far from 3.
Ideally our 3 guards would split the 80 combined minutes from the 2 guard spots roughly even - like 25-30 minutes each.

“His mere presence on the court”
Listen to yourselves
You don’t live in reality ...
What else does he do? Does he defend ? Is he a good distributor ? Does he play with sandpaper and make it an unpleasant experience for the opponent ?

He’s a good shooter .. that’s about it
You know what that means ? Over 300 D1 teams have 2 of him..

What you don't understand, this hurts me. I am the most loyal friend any of my friends have. I have stuck by JB for over 40 years. Others on this board can tell you that. But do you know why things end badly? Because they end. If it didn't end badly, it wouldn't end. And this is ending badly. I have told people that if we had Sidibe, we could be pretty good. But it is beyond that. The final straw was Buddy playing the 3 in the last 10 minutes against va Tech and having Braswell and Woody sitting on the bench was just not fair. Or right. Also JB saying that Griff can't play the 2. Of course he can. I believe if we had a team starting of Sid, Marek, QG, Griff and Kadary, we would be very good. I really believe that. Suddenly, we would be athletic. And we wouldn't get killed off the boards. Buddy and Joe could still play. As could one of our reserve forwards. But JB wouldn't do that. Buddy has to play. No matter what. And I am probably the biggest Buddy fan here. But he shouldn't be playing the minutes he does. And I think everyone knows it but JB
Things or careers as we are now discussing often end positively. JB still has an opportunity to go out on a positive note as the program isn't tanked YET and depending on who returns next year with the addition of Benny has a chance to make some noise.
Buddy playing for SU wasn't a good idea. Playing sports for a parent even in little league often leads to conflict. Doing it on a stage as big as Syracuse is a recipe for trouble which it has become. Buddy playing the minutes that he plays is a joke. Griff not playing some minutes at the 2 is as well. Jim has always been an extremely thin skinned individual who throughout his life has dealt with questions regarding his coaching poorly. His aggression is a poor mask for insecurity. A mask that most see through.
I hope that Jim walks away after next season and does so without having to be pushed. Hes a great coach. Hes a great ambassador for SU and Central NY and he has much life left to enjoy his family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom