I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Two words: GLOW

I'm halfway through and I really like it. It has almost nothing to do with the original wrestling show from the 80s, but it's still very good. Marc Maron as Sam Sylvia is excellent.

Just finished The 100, now I gotta wait until February to begin season 5, what the hell.

Alright people give me something to watch.
Like shows thriller/mystery/little bit of horror.
And it needs a survival aspect, like end of the world and needs rebuilding or surviving the end of the world.

Help me out folks.

Friends from College on Netflix is worth a go. Elevated beyond its material by the great talents of Keegan-Michael Key.
I thought episode 1 was okay. Episode 2 was awful. I doubt I will watch another.

Just finished Bloodline. I've never been so disappointed in a show's ending after such a promising start.

New Netflix show called Mindhunter is worth the watch. I'm 5 episodes in and I think it's excellent.

Good to know. I have only watched two episodes and it hasn’t really pulled me in yet.

Just finished Season 1 of Californication. Liked it enough to continue even though the Season 1 finale seemed like a natural series finale. Was quite surprised by it.

Just finished Bloodline. I've never been so disappointed in a show's ending after such a promising start.
Kind of an amusing story about the finish. They were planning to continue the series but were relying on Florida state subsidies to continue. The Florida program got cut during the last season so they scurried to end it and went from lovingly showcasing the Keys to slamming the hell out of them including saying they'd be under water in a few years (which turned out to be correct).

Funny but disappointing. I really liked the show.

Kind of an amusing story about the finish. They were planning to continue the series but were relying on Florida state subsidies to continue. The Florida program got cut during the last season so they scurried to end it and went from lovingly showcasing the Keys to slamming the hell out of them including saying they'd be under water in a few years (which turned out to be correct).

Funny but disappointing. I really liked the show.

Yeah, heard that too. Really liked it overall. Lots of great curveballs.

atypical on netflix is a solid b+ show. the kid playing the lead role is amazing, deserves an emmy nomination. unfortunately, the downside of the golden age of tv (and proliferation of outlets) is that there are far more shows/performances worthy of recognition than the emmys can fit in

It's not on a streaming service but expedition Unkown on travel and reruns of destination truth.
All on travel channel.

I'm halfway through Blue Planet. It's a BBC nature series about the oceans. The footage is incredible. I will admit that the scene with the killer whales and the baby gray whale was hard to watch, though. Poor l'il guy.

I want to watch the mist on Netflix but saw some reviews that said it is horrible?
Yay or nay ?

Watching season two of Frontier right now. I like the show, but im sort of into the period piece its set in. anyone else watching?

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon is pretty good. About a twenty something Jewish woman in a bad marriage who tries to break into the stand up comedy scene in 1958. It has some pretty funny bits. Worth checking out.

If anyone wants a quick comedy, TruTv’s “I’m Sorry” is really funny. And it stars Tom Everett Scott, SU alum.

But if given the choice, choose explicit. I can’t imagine it being as funny without the vulgarity. Spectrum had regular and explicit versions of every episode when we were catching up.

Not a show guy, but watched Stranger Things over thanksgiving break because I was home for holidays and my sister said I should watch it with literally nothing to do. I think it was entertaining. Nothing blew me away, but enjoyed watching it. Only other show I have watched is Breaking Bad which was absolutely amazing and the standard now for me.

Lots of good shows out there I should look into.

Watching "Dark" on Netflix now. Pretty intriguing show. Stranger Things vibe but much more intense.

It's in German so you can either watch with subtitles or the dubbed version in English.