I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Very cool idea. Should produce so many H0T Takes.

Here's just one: I don't even like Mad Men, but In Care Of is one of the best episodes in the history of TV, not just of this show, so they picked the wrong one.
Pine barrens should be #1

Mad Men is my all-time favorite show and I would probably say “The Suitcase” is my favorite episode, so I am glad it was near the top of the list. I’m not sure what it’s worth though considering there is a Survivor episode in the top 10.

Exactly, all lists are goofy, but this is especially bad work from The Ringer because this "everybody gets a participation trophy" format insists on including representatives of all sorts of trash at the expense of real shows. In reality, The Wire should probably be included 12 to 18 times on a list like this.

Mad Men...I love some of the characters and have enjoyed the show at times, but more often than not we'd finish an episode with a "where'd the last 43 minutes go?" feeling. It's the show about nothing, tons of style, less substance.

All that said, In Care Of captures a snapshot of America better than anything I've ever seen before. It's perfect television. Was kind of excited reading through the list wondering when it would get its due. I would place it #1 , and that's coming from someone who wouldn't have Mad Men in the top 15 series of the century.

Not the biggest Sopranos fan, but I've gotta think it plus The Wire should make up 25% of this list by themselves.

I dunno about their Curb pick. The show probably merits more than one spot on the list, but off the top of my head I can think of several stronger episodes, The Judy Doll first among them.

E5069C7A-096D-4D8F-8688-88DC2BB41521.gif

No. Should I?

The way they’re attaching it to the post BCS time slot is giving me Low Winter Sun vibes, which is making me not watch.

I've enjoyed it so far. Definitely a change in mood from Better Call Saul to Lodge 49.

Any thoughts on Yellowstone? I’ve not started yet

Any thoughts on Yellowstone? I’ve not started yet
it's ok. good, not great. i'm a big fan of taylor sheridan, but this is the least of his works, imho

!!! My favorite funny show in a while... Kim's Convenience. !!!

I'm currently watching old WKRP episodes on MeTV. It's great.

wow; really disappointed with the first episode. partly because i hate the character of suzanne. there is no consistency to her diagnosis - they make her act a different kind of mental disturbance (or no disturbance) as they need to advance the plot. i hate that kind of lazy writing.
just wrapped this up. first episode aside, another really good season for this show.

Anyone watching The 100?

Also anyone watch The Rain?

agree, the last two episodes were the best of the lot. Did not expect it to end the way it did

But apparently for those who may watch later it will end in a character named Camille getting chased?

spoiler alert:

going back in time a bit here: was anyone else disappointed by the chappaquiddick ending?
No, I liked it. It’s not like the show hasn’t showered us with wealthy family cliches. It’s fun.