I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

This is old, but someone here might get a kick out of it. It's unusual in that it's a ranking of Seinfeld that seems to be written by someone who hates Seinfeld and has no sense of humor:

All 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked From Worst to Best

Some of my favorite episodes are ranked worse than #150, but to this individual apparently everything on the show is "racially" insensitive or somehow homophobic.

This is old, but someone here might get a kick out of it. It's unusual in that it's a ranking of Seinfeld that seems to be written by someone who hates Seinfeld and has no sense of humor:

All 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked From Worst to Best

Some of my favorite episodes are ranked worse than #150, but to this individual apparently everything on the show is "racially" insensitive or somehow homophobic.

The top 20 are indeed pretty epic, and I am sure we all have personal favorites outside the top 100

watched the first episode of Amazon's new Jack Ryan series last night (it dropped at midnight eastern time, so we got it at 9PM out here on the civilized coast).

First episode was good and I'll watch at least a couple more. Very high production values for an episodic series

three episodes in and i have to say ozark 2 has been disappointing to me
six episodes in and jack ryan is excellent. this ryan is the closest to the ryan clancy presented in his novels & krasinski the best to play the role yet

I caught up on season 3 of Wrecked.

It's Lost with dumb people.

I thoroughly enjoy it.

I caught up on season 3 of Wrecked.

It's Lost with dumb people.

I thoroughly enjoy it.
i like just about anything rhys darby does (his turn on the x-files was the best thing about that reboot), but i'm only halfway amused by wrecked. wife loves it, though.

i like just about anything rhys darby does (his turn on the x-files was the best thing about that reboot), but i'm only halfway amused by wrecked. wife loves it, though.
It really connects for me. It's believable for how outlandish so much of it is. I don't know how to describe it.

three episodes in and i have to say ozark 2 has been disappointing to me
six episodes in and jack ryan is excellent. this ryan is the closest to the ryan clancy presented in his novels & krasinski the best to play the role yet

1.5 episodes into Ozarks, Season 2. Not sure I actually care enough to continue.

Juggling Better Call Saul and Ozark. Great combo. Ozark Season 2 has been disappointing a bit. Some really unbelievable scenarios. No way that car drives off with Diane unscathed and Jacob Snell with only a little wound after the car is blasted repeatedly by machine guns for like 30 seconds.

The search feature isn't working well for me, but did anyone watch The Sinner, Season 1 with Jessica Biel? Was solid, especially her acting, but overall disappointing. Not sure we are going to invest time into season 2.

Just finished Jack Ryan. Pretty entertaining.
yep. definitely recommend it. well acted, tightly written & directed. my only disappointment was that it was such a short season - 8 episodes. but it probably cost as much to produce as a mid-budget hollywood feature film, given the high production values, so 8 hours vs 2 is pretty good bang for the buck

1.5 episodes into Ozarks, Season 2. Not sure I actually care enough to continue.
we've come up with an "ozarks" drinking game
every time a character speaks in a different "local" accent, take a drink
don't do it if you're binging multiple episodes, it could kill you

once it was pointed out to me, the inconsistency in the accents is hilarious. the langhornes sound like they hail from at least 4 different parts of the country.

Just finished Ozarks season 2 (and Jack Ryan).
The whole storyline of Ozarks is pretty bizarre. That said, I enjoyed it because the cast is good and the writing imaginative and fearless much like Breaking Bad. Not as good as BB but similar in that they are not afraid to knock off any of the characters.

Now have nothing to watch!

atypical season 2 is now streaming

i love this show and it resonates with our family even though my son is not "on the spectrum," whatever that really means

I've been meaning to check out Jim Ryan...though I've heard mixed reviews.

Juggling Better Call Saul and Ozark. Great combo. Ozark Season 2 has been disappointing a bit. Some really unbelievable scenarios. No way that car drives off with Diane unscathed and Jacob Snell with only a little wound after the car is blasted repeatedly by machine guns for like 30 seconds.

This is definitely the best season for Better Call Saul yet. I really like where the story lines are going, and there is a lot of story to still be told.

The search feature isn't working well for me, but did anyone watch The Sinner, Season 1 with Jessica Biel? Was solid, especially her acting, but overall disappointing. Not sure we are going to invest time into season 2.
Season 2 is good so far. It is a completely different story with mostly new characters. It is well done with good acting. It is worth a watch

New Bojack just dropped!
Also, Norm MacDonald has a show!

(Edit. Don't stop watching Norm's show after the first episode. It gets much better)

Last edited:
my friend told me she hated Orange is the New Black, interesting that you didn't like it either. You two are the only people I've heard say that the show sucked. I've never seen one episode and think I'll shelve it for now.

I'm not sure if it's your genre but have you seen Downton Abby? I binge watched the first 4 seasons on Prime a couple of years ago, I absolutely love that show. The 6th and last season starts on PBS in January.

Also I just started watching Grace and Frankie on Netflix and think it's pretty good so far, I've seen 4 or 5 episodes. I don't want to give away the plot that's revealed in the 1st episode but will tell you it has a stellar cast, Jane Fonda, Lilly Tomlin, Martin Sheen and Sam Waterson. Each episode is about 30 minutes

Grace and Frankie

My wife and I started this series (4 years late apparently) just this past weekend. Some really funny lines in this one, and I like that it's not always super linear with the next episode.

Norm MacDonald bored the daylights out of me. Just not his medium.

New Bojack just dropped!
Also, Norm MacDonald has a show!

(Edit. Don't stop watching Norm's show after the first episode. It gets much better)
jeebus it better . . . i don't think i'll be able to convince my wife to give it a 2nd go

atypical season 2 is now streaming

i love this show and it resonates with our family even though my son is not "on the spectrum," whatever that really means
Blew through the second season on Sunday with the girlfriend. Really well done