I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Didn't grab me.
Really? I thought the opener was crazy good, and on a cinematography level it's way, way better than I expected.

Meh. Just not compelling. I felt the same way about most of the Marvel shows, after the first few series. The last several have been kind of bland (iron fist, defenders, etc)

Meh. Just not compelling. I felt the same way about most of the Marvel shows, after the first few series. The last several have been kind of bland (iron fist, defenders, etc)
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. My wife's been riveted. That almost never happens.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. My wife's been riveted. That almost never happens.

I watched the first two episodes, interest fizzled out. Maybe it picked up after the part I saw.

Anybody watch the show "The Sinner" with Jessica Biel on Netflix? I am two episodes in and have found it to be pretty riveting so far. Hope it stays that way.

Anybody watch the show "The Sinner" with Jessica Biel on Netflix? I am two episodes in and have found it to be pretty riveting so far. Hope it stays that way.
I binged it last week. It was entertaining but it is very bizarre at points.

I binged it last week. It was entertaining but it is very bizarre at points.

Thanks. Good to know. So far it seems entertaining but I could see how it might unravel into bizarreness.

Is it me, or does Succession have the worst audio of any show in history?

I find it very difficult to understand what anyone has to say, not just the mumbling guy from Super Troopers.
I'm so glad somebody mentioned this audio thing. We thought we were losing our hearing or something? It's been on a lot of movies, and we really noticed on HBO, if that's possible? Sharp Objects, first episode drove us crazy. I switched through all audio options on our surround sound. I might've finally found a setting that's better now.

Btw, I hope Sharp Objects picks up the pace a little. It's a little weird, but we're going to watch episode 3 tonight.

in the flesh, bbc series currently available on amazon tv

a take on the zombie genre, in which the humans have won the war and also developed a serum which balances the chemicals in zombie brains and returns them to their former consciousness. "partially dead syndrome (pds)" patients undergo government sponsored re-introduction therapy and are returned to their families. but many veterans of the war vs the undead are untrusting of the government and take vigilante action despite the "pds protection act" . . .

typically short bbc series - 3 episodes in season 1, 6 more in season 2.

Thanks. Good to know. So far it seems entertaining but I could see how it might unravel into bizarreness.

Mrs. & I finished with The Sinner last night. Thought it was excellent. Highly recommend. Suspenseful until the very end.

Started watching the first episode of castle rock on Hulu last night based on all the Stephen king stuff. Definitely creepy, not sure if it’ll hold the interest yet.

new season of orange is the new black dropped yesterday

new season of orange is the new black dropped yesterday
wow; really disappointed with the first episode. partly because i hate the character of suzanne. there is no consistency to her diagnosis - they make her act a different kind of mental disturbance (or no disturbance) as they need to advance the plot. i hate that kind of lazy writing.

wow; really disappointed with the first episode. partly because i hate the character of suzanne. there is no consistency to her diagnosis - they make her act a different kind of mental disturbance (or no disturbance) as they need to advance the plot. i hate that kind of lazy writing.
The season isn’t good at all. Too many new characters

Totally right about Suzanne it’s like a really lazy way of writing about mental illness.

I just blasted through the entire season... no spoilers..
What’s with the ramp up in intestinal talk? It’s offputting

Very cool idea. Should produce so many H0T Takes.

Here's just one: I don't even like Mad Men, but In Care Of is one of the best episodes in the history of TV, not just of this show, so they picked the wrong one.
I never could get into it. I watched the first few seasons as a zombie. Just couldn’t force myself to finish it