I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Dead to Me started off alright, but then took on a very Lifetime movie vibe (no offense intended, ladies!).

It was strange. I liked it alright, really enjoyed the female leads. But it didn't quite come together for me.

Luther Season 5 starts on Sunday on BBCA. 4 part season. Set your DVRs or wait another 6-12 months for it to appear on Netflix.

It was strange. I liked it alright, really enjoyed the female leads. But it didn't quite come together for me.

Why is it that in Los Angeles (on TV shows), even people who struggle financially seem to do so in considerable luxury?

Last edited:
Why is it that in Los Angeles (on TV shows), even people who struggle financially seem to do so in considerable luxury?
Would you follow an instagrammer who lived in a car and couldn't afford to do anything interesting?

I'll always remember her as the Freaks and Geeks girl.
oh crap, that's right! I never made the connection watching her on Bloodline and I actually watched Freaks and Greeks the year it aired. I was also a letter writer trying to save the show too. Mind blown!

oh crap, that's right! I never made the connection watching her on Bloodline and I actually watched Freaks and Greeks the year it aired. I was also a letter writer trying to save the show too. Mind blown!
Ha. I will watch on your recommendation. I like Christina Applegate(?) from her post Married Wiith Children stuff.

Dead to Me started off alright, but then took on a very Lifetime movie vibe (no offense intended, ladies!).
it's a show with female leads and how their lives can go awry due to the dudes they hook up with. I don't watch lifetime so I can't comment on any perceived connection. I thought the plot was well written and directed.

I think I mentioned this here before, but Cloak and Dagger on Freeform is awesome. It's a Marvel show, but completely different from all the other ones and pretty much occupies its own little corner of things. Cast is great, the story is really well crafted, the cinematography is way better than you'd expect for a show on Freeform. The Mrs. and I just finished the 2nd season and it's probably our favorite thing going right now. Super cool show that really sucks you in.

I am few episodes into season 3 of Sneaky Pete, and it is better than the 2nd season. The first was really good, and the second was still better than most shows on TV.

Many are disappointed or outraged by Season 5 of Black Mirror, but its 3 episodes were entertaining and still got some messages across. The Ashley episode with Miley Cyrus as both a captive pop star and an Alexa-like doll was a hoot. It was campy like a Disney movie, but eviscerated all that stuff, and the pop music industry. Good fun.

Smithereens sent the usual message about social media, but it trolled the shows most obsessive purists with that ending, and they didn't get it.

The first one asked the age old questions - do video games make you gay?

anyone watching Good Omens on Amazon? watched the first 3, interesting take on the Arnageddon thing and really solid cast.

City on a Hill is pretty good so far.

Heard the same thing from 2 friends. Not a Kevin Bacon fan at all so I'm reluctant but will probably start it up soon because there is nothing else I'm currently watching outside of Big Little Lies.

Heard the same thing from 2 friends. Not a Kevin Bacon fan at all so I'm reluctant but will probably start it up soon because there is nothing else I'm currently watching outside of Big Little Lies.
He’s quite good in it.