I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

So after all the hype finally started to watch flea bag ..

Holy hell is this show overrated ..
Try THIS WAY UP (Hulu). Aisling Bea is fantastic.

thoughts on amazon's carnival row. watched 1/2 episode 1 and fell asleep. had to get up early for my james franco acting class. but it looks interesting. kinda harry potter meets avatar meets ripper.

the between 2 ferns movie on netflix was pretty good.
typical f.o.d. throw everything at the wall approach, but zach has a pretty high hit rate. and some of his hits are fall out of the chair funny.

the between 2 ferns movie on netflix was pretty good.
typical f.o.d. throw everything at the wall approach, but zach has a pretty high hit rate. and some of his hits are fall out of the chair funny.

I laughed my a$$ off at that. The outtakes at the end of the movie were even funnier.

Does Peaky Blinders get better?
I swear i tried to watch it twice in the past, but when i tried again this week, nothing i saw in the first two episodes looked familiar. I hope i didn't previously accidentally start with season 2... Anyway, it's definitely holding my attention this time. But, not firmly.

a little overrated, yes, but i liked it.

her other show ( she created killing eve) is much better. must see tv, imho

Killing Eve is definitely one of my favorite shows on TV right now. Great balance of humor, drama, and sheer uncomfortableness.

I swear i tried to watch it twice in the past, but when i tried again this week, nothing i saw in the first two episodes looked familiar. I hope i didn't previously accidentally start with season 2... Anyway, it's definitely holding my attention this time. But, not firmly.

Plowed through the new season in a weekend. It's a bit boring but it's better than most of the things out there.

i liked the first season of amazon's "goliath" starring billy bob thornton. the second season was a disappointment. i'm now half way through the third season and i can't stop watching . . . because it is train wreck bad. billy bob seems to know it and sleep walks through most of his scenes.

I enjoy it, but I also keep the subtitles on for the Birmingham accent which is near impossible to understand sometimes. It helps with some of some of the details in the storylines. Also, Tom Hardy shows up in the later seasons and chews the scenery for a couple of seasons.

Also, I look at Peaky Blinders as an arty mob show. It's more about the imagery, design, and feel. I like watching it, but I usually only get through an episode at a time. I think my wife could take it or leave it, but she pays enough attention to know what's going on.

I enjoy it, but I also keep the subtitles on for the Birmingham accent which is near impossible to understand sometimes. It helps with some of some of the details in the storylines. Also, Tom Hardy shows up in the later seasons and chews the scenery for a couple of seasons.

Also, I look at Peaky Blinders as an arty mob show. It's more about the imagery, design, and feel. I like watching it, but I usually only get through an episode at a time. I think my wife could take it or leave it, but she pays enough attention to know what's going on.
That's kinda how i'm feeling about it. I'll keep watching, but i don't need it. It's pretty. But, i don't really care, and i don't have a crush on anyone in it. Hoping for some eye candy, but there are just too many dudes. Kinda interested to see Tom Hardy's participation, though.

I’ve been religiously watching a guy on YouTube named Andrew Camarata. He does excavating type stuff in the Saugherties area.

Before you judge, I’m a city guy with an office job, but I can’t get enough. Give it a try if you like shows like This Old House. He’s not an in-your-face annoying YouTuber type. Just a normal dude working, that also happens to edit video very well.

What I do is watch it on the YouTube app in Roku for full screen view. Binged every video that way. This is him working on his shipping container castle, but most of the videos are quieter, like him putting new gravel on a driveway.

Last edited:

I'm starting to like it. One more episode to go in season 1.
But, yeah, definitely not a 'binge' show. One episode per night is about my appetite. It's kinda like The Sopranos...

Just started watching Press on Masterpiece Theater on PBS. Very promising.

Finally finished Mr. Robot, Season 3. Season 2 was okay, but not great. Season 3 was a return to Season 1 form.
Season 4. Are you watching? I am catching up. I think I just finished episode 3. This show will probably end up in my top 5 favorite shows.

I’m currently on season 9 walking dead episode 2. What a series this has been.

can’t wait to get to the crazy stuff this season.
glad I started it.

After this idk since I got Disney+ and I wanna watch GOT which is one Netflix correct?
but Disney plus has a log of shows I wanna watch along with movies.

PS while watChing walking dead I can’t be the only one who thinks they would thrive in that kind of scenario?

finished carnival row. visually spectacular and the acting 1st class. plot line rather predictable as to the killer but they managed to wrap up the season perfectly for the coming episodes. well done.

So I’m allllll caught up on Walking Dead, from when I started it a couple months ago, maybe longer. Feels like forever since I watched that first season, and can’t believe how far it’s come.

Ive enjoyed this all for the most part, but the character deaths are crazy The amount of people that they kill off is insane. I haven’t watched a lot of other “series” of shows but they definitely have killed off the most without a doubt.

Interested to see where this show goes from here with Rick gone and just hearing that this is Dania last season and Maggie taking a break from the rest of season 9 and into season 10. I wonder where they can take this.
And also interested to see what they do with the Rick Grimes movie, which is going to be hard to pull off IMO with the rest of the cast and what plot they give it.

/SPOILER]

Should I give Fear the walking dead a shot?

So after all the hype finally started to watch flea bag ..

Holy hell is this show overrated ..
no way, when I got to the 4th episode of the 1st season I was hooked. The 2nd season is even better, the family dynamics and how people that are broken from childhood use coping skills as an adult. Maybe because I'm from a dysfunctional family where we use humor to get through life, which is what a lot of Fleabag is about.

It does. I'm (semi-)enjoying it.
Not sure about s3 of The Crown, though. So far, (two episodes in), i don't like it nearly as much as season 2, which i thought was fantastic. I don't enjoy Olivia Colman as much as Claire Foy, for one thing. And even Bonham Carter is less charming than Vanessa Kirby. But, there's still time...