I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Anyone watching Bordertown? Netflix series about a detective, closer to a profiler, in Finland that moves to a town on the border with Russia. About 4 episodes into the first season, but enjoyable so far. Unlike other shows, they go through an arc in the first 3 episodes and have started on another in the 4th show.

Also watching Invincible. I saw a few others mention it in this thread. Similar to “The Boys” in terms of jarring violence and some themes. Very good IMO. Some awesome voice acting. JK Simmons is incredible. Some of the father-son flashbacks in Episode 8 were very well done.

Also watching Invincible. I saw a few others mention it in this thread. Similar to “The Boys” in terms of jarring violence and some themes. Very good IMO. Some awesome voice acting. JK Simmons is incredible. Some of the father-son flashbacks in Episode 8 were very well done.
Yeah, I liked it a lot. Every episode was interesting.

They've already renewed it for 3 more seasons.

I had no idea this show existed until a friend of mine recommended it but I thought this first season was pretty incredible. Excellent cast and it was funny, sad, disturbing, and fun all at once. Good stuff.

I am bored with detective-dramas, but Kate Winslet is awesome in everything.
I'm usually a sucker for anything that HBO decides is good enough to make their flagship Sunday night show. This one is certainly a notch above most things available right now.

Anyone watching Bordertown? Netflix series about a detective, closer to a profiler, in Finland that moves to a town on the border with Russia. About 4 episodes into the first season, but enjoyable so far. Unlike other shows, they go through an arc in the first 3 episodes and have started on another in the 4th show.
Nope but watched Beartown which was set in Sweden and pretty solid.

Nope but watched Beartown which was set in Sweden and pretty solid.
Is Beartown based on a book by the guy who wrote A man called Ova? I had to stop reading it because of the subject matter.

Is Beartown based on a book by the guy who wrote A man called Ova? I had to stop reading it because of the subject matter.
Can confirm.

That it’s based on the book or the disturbing subject matter, or both?
Both. Haven't read the book but there is certainly 1 event in the show that meets that criteria. Not sure if there's more in the book or if it stays true.

Both. Haven't read the book but there is certainly 1 event in the show that meets that criteria. Not sure if there's more in the book or if it stays true.
Yeah. That’s it. I had to put the book away.
Really liked “A Man called Ove.” It was a very different book.

Last edited:
Check out Gangs of London. Should be about as close as you're going to get. Even has a Shelby brother as a main character.

Finished that not too long ago. Just started Barry and I May Destroy You this week. Drastically different but both have my attention through 2 or 3 eps. Only 30 mins is a plus.
Holy crap Gangs of London is good. Just finished episode five

Holy crap Gangs of London is good. Just finished episode five
I enjoyed it for sure. It may be a little over the top at some points but it's a good watch for something new.

I enjoyed it for sure. It may be a little over the top at some points but it's a good watch for something new.
A show better than most. Violence is a little heavy. I'm still catching up.