I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Was waiting such a long time for Seinfeld on Netflix. I'm not disappointed. First time I've ever watched it in order, even though I have 80% of the episodes memorized.

The extra little bit of unedited show or standup (never aired in syndication, to the best of my knowledge) is fun and probably outweighs the disappointment of the -ed-up aspect ratio.

The delayed introduction of the Costanzas is a revelation to me; I never realized how long it took before we met them. (And before viewing episodes in order I thought that when George said "My father's gay" in The Outing that referred to Frank's bro experience during the separation, but it comes before that.)
I would be watching Seinfeld on Hulu when it was on there noticing a ton of intro footage that I’d either never seen or assumed maybe only saw one time on the original airing and didn’t remember? Loved seeing some stuff that was new to me.

Curb Your Enthusiasm season 11 is here! I didn’t even realize. Got the HBO add on to Hulu the other night and watched the first two episodes - hilarious as always.

All the kids are basically just turning into Logan in their own way. It's the rise of TV where all the main characters aren't very likable. If I had to pick one kid, give me Roman, at least he's self-aware.
I think i dislike Roman the most. Whiny voice, and he's like a song with just one note.

Kendall is fun. He just reminds me of people, real and fictional. In a way, he's both the strongest and the weakest. The only one with the stones to do something and risk it all, which is what i think his father must have been like earlier. Kendall is just overly and pathetically desperate to be 'current.'

Cousin Greg, though—i think he saves the show, because everyone else really is almost entirely unlikeable. Gerri's good, but i don't quite get her. Tom is good at what he does. It's all about Greg. I wonder how much of what he says/does is originally from the writers/creators, or if they found out who Braun is and what he can do and then they amplified his character.

"This is not a 'meeting'—this is a... pre-cursor, to see... if I might be willing... to meet?"

Was waiting such a long time for Seinfeld on Netflix. I'm not disappointed. First time I've ever watched it in order, even though I have 80% of the episodes memorized.

The extra little bit of unedited show or standup (never aired in syndication, to the best of my knowledge) is fun and probably outweighs the disappointment of the -ed-up aspect ratio.

The delayed introduction of the Costanzas is a revelation to me; I never realized how long it took before we met them. (And before viewing episodes in order I thought that when George said "My father's gay" in The Outing that referred to Frank's bro experience during the separation, but it comes before that.)
I'm surprised at how no one really discusses how stupid/illogical/uninformed Jerry's on-stage comedy bits are. Seems like the majority of them are based on him not understanding something, but basing a rant on him mocking this thing that he doesn't understand. An example:

Jerry: Women put on their perfume in an interesting way. I love watching them do that. You ever notice that, guys? They have their little key, Stratego little areas. [hums, mimics putting perfume on] Places they think we're going. And they always hit this one. [points to the back of his wrist] Women are convinced this is the most action-packed area that could ever happen in the dating world. What? What is that, ladies? What is happening here? Is that in case you slap the guy or something? He still finds you intriguing. [mimes being slapped] "Oh! Chanel."

Has he really never heard of perfume 'pulse points?' Just one example. I literally yell stuff at the tv for 75% of his Seinfeld bits. They're just wrong/dumb.

So, there's a Reddit fan theory where all of the show means to represent Jerry as a "sh***y comedian," and how he always bombs and no one respects his comedy. Which is true—the show self-mocks. But, that in-show stuff seems to be completely separate from the intro and closing stage bits. Which i always assumed were him being him, and just accidentally insipid. Not some sort of self-aware, self-parody thing.

What y'all think?

I'm surprised at how no one really discusses how stupid/illogical/uninformed Jerry's on-stage comedy bits are. Seems like the majority of them are based on him not understanding something, but basing a rant on him mocking this thing that he doesn't understand. An example:

Jerry: Women put on their perfume in an interesting way. I love watching them do that. You ever notice that, guys? They have their little key, Stratego little areas. [hums, mimics putting perfume on] Places they think we're going. And they always hit this one. [points to the back of his wrist] Women are convinced this is the most action-packed area that could ever happen in the dating world. What? What is that, ladies? What is happening here? Is that in case you slap the guy or something? He still finds you intriguing. [mimes being slapped] "Oh! Chanel."

Has he really never heard of perfume 'pulse points?' Just one example. I literally yell stuff at the tv for 75% of his Seinfeld bits. They're just wrong/dumb.

So, there's a Reddit fan theory where all of the show means to represent Jerry as a "sh***y comedian," and how he always bombs and no one respects his comedy. Which is true—the show self-mocks. But, that in-show stuff seems to be completely separate from the intro and closing stage bits. Which i always assumed were him being him, and just accidentally insipid. Not some sort of self-aware, self-parody thing.

What y'all think?

I think it's a mix of legitimate overliteralized "did you notice" humor and some real caricature/self-mocking.

I Know What You Did Last Summer on Amazon Prime has been underwhelming.

I liked the episode. Greg on the phone, asking if there was a way to sue his grandfather in an affectionate way was just so great.

Fun fact. Logan and Connor, in real life, are only 10 years apart.
You knew that playing both sides was going to eventually catch up with Greg.
I thought that Ewan’s words might sink in and he’d grow up a little. That was a foolish thought.

Succession never disappoints.

“It feels like an as$h0!es birthday party.”

It reminds me of Mad Men. I can dislike the actions of every character, but still understand and empathize with each one

Succession never disappoints.

“It feels like an as$h0!es birthday party.”

It reminds me of Mad Men. I can dislike the actions of every character, but still understand and empathize with each one

Everybody treats Greg like crap. It's a shame.

A girl I work with never heard of Seinfeld. I really didn't even know how to react.
Challenge her to a contest. When you lose, buy her non-fat yogurt, everyday. After you hit it off over yogurt, you can work out with Izzy Mandelbaum, take the J Peterman tour of the city, or a carriage ride behind Rusty. Finish the date off with a walk on the beach where you pretend to be a marine biologist and save a whale by going into the angry surf and removing a golf ball from his blow hole.
Swept away by your heroism, she wants you right there, on the beach. Unfortunately, you and she will disappoint each other, because although they are real and spectacular, she has put on a lot of weight, and she doesn’t know about shrinkage.

Challenge her to a contest. When you lose, buy her non-fat yogurt, everyday. After you hit it off over yogurt, you can work out with Izzy Mandelbaum, take the J Peterman tour of the city, or a carriage ride behind Rusty. Finish the date off with a walk on the beach where you pretend to be a marine biologist and save a whale by going into the angry surf and removing a golf ball from his blow hole.
Swept away by your heroism, she wants you right there, on the beach. Unfortunately, you and she will disappoint each other, because although they are real and spectacular, she has put on a lot of weight, and she doesn’t know about shrinkage.
Pretty, pretty good

Watched Midnight Mass on Netflix this week. Had some really interesting cinematography and some really good dialogue, but overall very disappointing.

Well, NineOneSeven just got around to Seinfeld, and I am about half way through my first viewing of Game of Thrones.
Doing the slow burn binge at a two episode a day pace. Enjoying it more than expected.

I just plowed through it all a couple months ago. It's completely ridiculous but entertaining.

Interesting take. Actually- there is a lot of not so ridiculous in it. The ranch life stuff is legit. Having grown up around and taking care of horses and a farm it gets a ton right on the themes and what it means in that lifestyle. So it's very accurate there. It's also very on point around reservation life and the real issues within. Of course the drama factor has to play out too and be built in. That said spend a few months ranching it and you would be surprised how not so ridiculous it is.

Beth makes for the perfect wall st type too- I worked for a Beth ( of sorts) in the past.

Anyways one of the best shows I've seen. It's very much a western version of the Wire ( the best show ever in my eyes) with so much real embedded within.

A little nugget here- probably one of the coolest and rewarding experiences for any kid is to let them work on a horse farm or ranch every summer.

Also the 6666 ranch in TX is legit too- it's legendary for a reason and was really cool they have included it. This show doesn't glorify ranch/horse life. Barrel racing girls are a blast as well..heh.

I Know What You Did Last Summer on Amazon Prime has been underwhelming.

Watching this now...quite dull. Bodies are dropping like strippers panties and the local yokel police force are the only ones on the case? This show is silly.

Watching this now...quite dull. Bodies are dropping like strippers panties and the local yokel police force are the only ones on the case? This show is silly.
I gave up on it.

Interesting take. Actually- there is a lot of not so ridiculous in it. The ranch life stuff is legit. Having grown up around and taking care of horses and a farm it gets a ton right on the themes and what it means in that lifestyle. So it's very accurate there. It's also very on point around reservation life and the real issues within. Of course the drama factor has to play out too and be built in. That said spend a few months ranching it and you would be surprised how not so ridiculous it is.

Beth makes for the perfect wall st type too- I worked for a Beth ( of sorts) in the past.

Anyways one of the best shows I've seen. It's very much a western version of the Wire ( the best show ever in my eyes) with so much real embedded within.

A little nugget here- probably one of the coolest and rewarding experiences for any kid is to let them work on a horse farm or ranch every summer.

Also the 6666 ranch in TX is legit too- it's legendary for a reason and was really cool they have included it. This show doesn't glorify ranch/horse life. Barrel racing girls are a blast as well..heh.
Sure. But then there are condtantly shootouts and explosions and Michael Bay type stuff happening constantly which is a bit much.