I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Yellowjackets on Showtime is pretty interesting. It’s basically Lord of the Flies with girls and set in the wilderness of Canada. Sprinkled with a bit of Lost and Silence of the Lambs. Three episodes in and so far so good.

Watched Elves this past week. Not great, but not bad. Christmas meets Gremlins. Decent, quick watch.

I love space shows but can’t get into Another Life Season 2..

Just finished S3 of Peaky Blinders. This show rivals Game of Thrones.. absolutely incredible. Also, the Russian Duchess is probably the most attracted I’ve ever been to a fictional character.

I think i dislike Roman the most. Whiny voice, and he's like a song with just one note.

Kendall is fun. He just reminds me of people, real and fictional. In a way, he's both the strongest and the weakest. The only one with the stones to do something and risk it all, which is what i think his father must have been like earlier. Kendall is just overly and pathetically desperate to be 'current.'

Cousin Greg, though—i think he saves the show, because everyone else really is almost entirely unlikeable. Gerri's good, but i don't quite get her. Tom is good at what he does. It's all about Greg. I wonder how much of what he says/does is originally from the writers/creators, or if they found out who Braun is and what he can do and then they amplified his character.

"This is not a 'meeting'—this is a... pre-cursor, to see... if I might be willing... to meet?"
I can’t get enough of Greg. Literally every word that comes out of his mouth makes me laugh.

Downloaded invasion for the plane ride down. About 5-6 episodes in and not sure I care yet

So decent filler for a plane ride.
Maybe a bit better than that. It looks pretty good, so i'd definitely advise seeing it on a larger screen. But, i'm particular about such things. My brother in law watched the new Dune on his iPad. Which makes me convulse. Save the tiny screen for stuff like sitcoms/reruns.

Maybe a bit better than that. It looks pretty good, so i'd definitely advise seeing it on a larger screen. But, i'm particular about such things. My brother in law watched the new Dune on his iPad. Which makes me convulse. Save the tiny screen for stuff like sitcoms/reruns.
Good point. My iPad has been a bit dark so far with this show

Bumping this to say that Station Eleven is absolutely phenomenal. I haven't found anything this compelling since the last season of Breaking Bad.

I'm 3 episodes into "only murders in the building" on HULU, I'm all in. great cast, great story so far.
Couldn't agree more. (We're now 5 episodes in.) Some incredible laugh-out-loud moments on that show. Steve Martin and Martin Short are masters of their craft. Some real cool cameos as well. Think my favorite is Sting, who is always ready to make fun of himself.

I'm in Season 5 of Peaky Blinders. Just finished ep 1. Great show. Enjoy it because each season is 6 episodes so nothing is really wasted or filler.
Final season on deck soon. Going to be interesting to see how they deal with Aunt Pol (Helen McCrory rip). Read somewhere that they are planning a sequel with some of the characters. Three great series coming to an end this year. Saul. Peaky. And Ozark.

I'm in Season 5 of Peaky Blinders. Just finished ep 1. Great show. Enjoy it because each season is 6 episodes so nothing is really wasted or filler.
Yeah I'm in season 4, good stuff.

I just finished the first season of For All Mankind and really enjoyed it. I liked Man in the High Castle too, so i guess I'm a sucker for well-done alternative world period pieces. Rolling into the season two.

Book of Boba Fett premiere was solid. Not amazing, not terrible. We'll see where it goes from here.

I'm surprised at how no one really discusses how stupid/illogical/uninformed Jerry's on-stage comedy bits are. Seems like the majority of them are based on him not understanding something, but basing a rant on him mocking this thing that he doesn't understand. An example:

Jerry: Women put on their perfume in an interesting way. I love watching them do that. You ever notice that, guys? They have their little key, Stratego little areas. [hums, mimics putting perfume on] Places they think we're going. And they always hit this one. [points to the back of his wrist] Women are convinced this is the most action-packed area that could ever happen in the dating world. What? What is that, ladies? What is happening here? Is that in case you slap the guy or something? He still finds you intriguing. [mimes being slapped] "Oh! Chanel."

Has he really never heard of perfume 'pulse points?' Just one example. I literally yell stuff at the tv for 75% of his Seinfeld bits. They're just wrong/dumb.

So, there's a Reddit fan theory where all of the show means to represent Jerry as a "sh***y comedian," and how he always bombs and no one respects his comedy. Which is true—the show self-mocks. But, that in-show stuff seems to be completely separate from the intro and closing stage bits. Which i always assumed were him being him, and just accidentally insipid. Not some sort of self-aware, self-parody thing.

What y'all think?
Poke a hole in his chalk outline guy rant .

I just finished the first season of For All Mankind and really enjoyed it. I liked Man in the High Castle too, so i guess I'm a sucker for well-done alternative world period pieces. Rolling into the season two.

Book of Boba Fett premiere was solid. Not amazing, not terrible. We'll see where it goes from here.
Fett pretty dang violent for kids

I think i dislike Roman the most. Whiny voice, and he's like a song with just one note.

Kendall is fun. He just reminds me of people, real and fictional. In a way, he's both the strongest and the weakest. The only one with the stones to do something and risk it all, which is what i think his father must have been like earlier. Kendall is just overly and pathetically desperate to be 'current.'

Cousin Greg, though—i think he saves the show, because everyone else really is almost entirely unlikeable. Gerri's good, but i don't quite get her. Tom is good at what he does. It's all about Greg. I wonder how much of what he says/does is originally from the writers/creators, or if they found out who Braun is and what he can do and then they amplified his character.

"This is not a 'meeting'—this is a... pre-cursor, to see... if I might be willing... to meet?"
Roman truly hit rock bottom for me in the Birthday episode .. I never looked at him as a decent human being but the way he treated Kendall near the end really made me truly hate him

I enjoyed Joe Pickett on Spectrum. It has a few slow parts but I thought it was well done. Acting was good.

Poke a hole in his chalk outline guy rant .
Ha—yeah, that one starts out ‘cute’ but finishes dumb.

Anyway, I overestimated the badness of those monologues. It’s prolly the other way around: 75% okay, 25% derp.