I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Final season on deck soon. Going to be interesting to see how they deal with Aunt Pol (Helen McCrory rip). Read somewhere that they are planning a sequel with some of the characters. Three great series coming to an end this year. Saul. Peaky. And Ozark.

Awesome show. I really enjoyed seasons 1-3. 4 and 5 I liked but felt like things dropped off to me in terms of the story.

Cobra Kai is back (Season 4 on Netflix).

I finished season 4. No spoilers, but man are there a lot of personality twists and turns to keep track of. Not all that dissimilar from previous seasons, but seemed to be on overload.

I finished season 4. No spoilers, but man are there a lot of personality twists and turns to keep track of. Not all that dissimilar from previous seasons, but seemed to be on overload.
It’s got a little bit of a Three’s Company vibe (I’m dating myself) where somebody misconstrues something they see or hear and it turns into a ridiculous reaction.

PS Sam’s mother is awful

Yeah, but we found out Daniel's favorite beer. But the manufacturer of that product (which met an appropriate fate IMO) was a funny surprise, I thought.

It’s got a little bit of a Three’s Company vibe (I’m dating myself) where somebody misconstrues something they see or hear and it turns into a ridiculous reaction.

PS Sam’s mother is awful

I always love a good Three's Company reference. Even though I was young when it was on, I always wanted to hang out at the Regal Beagle and pick up Larry's scraps.

Anyhoo, yes, Sam's mother is pretty bad, but she's pretty well put together, so there's that.

PS Miguel's grandmother is awesome. She's good for about one random line per show.

If you like Taylor Sheridan’s work, give The Mayor of Easttown a shot. It’s good

whoops edit: Mayor of Kingstown. I've got Mare of Easttown on my brain.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been mentioned but I would recommend The Mayor of Kingstown and 1883 both on Paramount +. Also Kin a AMC + show.

If you like Taylor Sheridan’s work, give The Mayor of Easttown a shot. It’s good

whoops edit: Mayor of Kingstown. I've got Mare of Easttown on my brain.

Need to check this. Yellowstone and 1883 are great.

Sheridan bought the sixes ranch in May this past year and is doing a spinoff specific to that ranch. If you like the shows put it on your bucket list to visit. I've been there a ways back- one of the previous owners was from the Southern Tier of all places.

Bumping this to say that Station Eleven is absolutely phenomenal. I haven't found anything this compelling since the last season of Breaking Bad.
I'm with you. I'm 3 eps in and it's what I'm looking most forward to watching at this moment.

Awesome show. I really enjoyed seasons 1-3. 4 and 5 I liked but felt like things dropped off to me in terms of the story.

I'm in the middle of Season 5 now. I agree with you but I think 3 got a bit too convoluted and 4 was ok with the Italian Changretta feud.

Season 2 I think is my favorite so far.

I'm in the middle of Season 5 now. I agree with you but I think 3 got a bit too convoluted and 4 was ok with the Italian Changretta feud.

Season 2 I think is my favorite so far.

Right there with you on season 2 and don't disagree on 3. 4 had its moments as well for sure. Overall 1 and 2 are the home runs.

So currently watching manifest. Just finished season 2 pretty good but kinda cheesy.
Rewatching the 100 for the 6, 7, 8 time idk.
Also watching Locke and Key season 2.

Thinking about the 4400 maybe.
Love me the Disney plus shows.
Gotta get into the NatGeo stuff there.

Just finished The Wasteland on Netflix and was t fond of it.

So currently watching manifest. Just finished season 2 pretty good but kinda cheesy.
Rewatching the 100 for the 6, 7, 8 time idk.
Also watching Locke and Key season 2.

Thinking about the 4400 maybe.
Love me the Disney plus shows.
Gotta get into the NatGeo stuff there.

Just finished The Wasteland on Netflix and was t fond of it.

I’m actually watching The 100 for the first time. I’m in Season 3. Decent show. Clarke is one of the most annoying characters I’ve ever witnessed so I’m really hoping that changes at some point.

I’m actually watching The 100 for the first time. I’m in Season 3. Decent show. Clarke is one of the most annoying characters I’ve ever witnessed so I’m really hoping that changes at some point.
The third season starts with the weirdness.

I never had a problem but I get the issues with her character and the way she’s developed.

Need to check this. Yellowstone and 1883 are great.

Sheridan bought the sixes ranch in May this past year and is doing a spinoff specific to that ranch. If you like the shows put it on your bucket list to visit. I've been there a ways back- one of the previous owners was from the Southern Tier of all places.

Yeah, I saw that Taylor Sheridan was the face of the group that bought the 6666 ranch. I think the price was something like $300M-$400M.

I don't think that guy sleeps. Maybe he has a dozen elves working for him.
He wrote three incredible screenplays in one year - 'Sicario', 'Hell or High Water' and 'Wind River'.
And now he has 'Yellowstone', '1883', 'Mayor of Kingstown', and I'm assuming they're going to turn Jimmy and the 6666 ranch into another show.
Plus he acts sometimes and he's apparently some kind of expert rider.

I rewatched Ozark Season 3 this week and showered twice.

Yeah, I saw that Taylor Sheridan was the face of the group that bought the 6666 ranch. I think the price was something like $300M-$400M.

I don't think that guy sleeps. Maybe he has a dozen elves working for him.
He wrote three incredible screenplays in one year - 'Sicario', 'Hell or High Water' and 'Wind River'.
And now he has 'Yellowstone', '1883', 'Mayor of Kingstown', and I'm assuming they're going to turn Jimmy and the 6666 ranch into another show.
Plus he acts sometimes and he's apparently some kind of expert rider.

I rewatched Ozark Season 3 this week and showered twice.

The fact he is into the ranch life beyond just the TV world would validate that. Finish at midnight get up at 4 and start all over again. Lived a version of that life for 10 years as a kid. Nuts.

Opening s credits sequence of Peacemaker is the best thing I’ve seen in a while. Then there’s an Outrageous scene that surely must have been inspired by the best episode of Barry.

Season 5 of Search Party: just two episodes in and I dont feel like I’m going to be happy with the rest of it, compared to the first two seasons. Jeff Goldblum as an addition might be fun.

Righteous Gemstones season 2—pleasantly surprised to see that is back on.

Boba Fett is pretty good so far. Good timing, as I just did the whole Star Wars thing, 1 through 9 over the holiday break.

Can’t wait for Ozahhhk.

Last edited: