I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

So i made it through the inventing Anna. It seemed about 5 episodes too long for me.
I think we have one episode left. We watched two episodes last night after folks here mentioned it was a few episodes too long. I'll admit, they could have wrapped this up already, but it still has me interested and curious in how it will end.

I hope Somebody Somewhere gets another season. It was a pleasant surprise. I had no desire to watch it based on the promos.

My current watch is Undercover, on Netflix. It has me hooked. I love a good crime movie/series. This one is great. One season in with 2 more to go.
Really enjoyed the 1st season. About to start the 2nd,

Space Force on Netflix is very funny IMO. I just realized season 2 was up over the weekend. Highly recommend if you like Steve Carell.

Anyone try Pieces of Her? 4 episodes in and think we’re out. Taking way too long to get to the point.

Last edited:
Space Force on Netflix is very funny IMO. I just realized season 2 was up over the weekend. Highly recommend if you like Steve Carell.
I like Steve Carell. I thought Space Force, however, was incredibly bad, from just the first episode or two. Like, embarrassingly bad. I will try again, though...

Anyone watching:

• Pennyworth (HBOMax)
• Jett (HBOMax)
• Suspicion (Apple)
• Peacemaker (HBOMax)
• Righteous Gemstones (HBOMax)
• Boba Fett
• Ozark

I just finished After Party. It was... okay.
I finished Pennyworth, the Batman's butler's backstory. Really well-made. A couple of 'dumb moments,' but otherwise decent. I'm hoping they come out with a season 3, but won't be crushed if not.

Ozark—they separated this season into two parts? Now i have to google when Part 2 is going to be released... [APRIL 29]

Just started Jett. Almost quit it immediately, as it begins with a scene very derivative of Pulp Fiction, but it goes elsewhere.

Not sure why, but i haven't been super into Boba Fett. It's nicely-done, but i don't know why i don't find myself clamoring for each next episode.

Really cool (one part) docu on Disney, Becoming Cousteau.

I like Steve Carell. I thought Space Force, however, was incredibly bad, from just the first episode or two. Like, embarrassingly bad. I will try again, though...

Anyone watching:

• Pennyworth (HBOMax)
• Jett (HBOMax)
• Suspicion (Apple)
• Peacemaker (HBOMax)
• Boba Fett
• Ozark

I finished Pennyworth, the Batman's butler's backstory. Really well-made. A couple of 'dumb moments,' but otherwise decent. I'm hoping they come out with a season 3, but won't be crushed if not.

Ozark—they separated this season into two parts? Now i have to google when Part 2 is going to be released... [APRIL 29]

Just started Jett. Almost quit it immediately, as it begins with a scene very derivative of Pulp Fiction, but it goes elsewhere.

Not sure why, but i haven't been super into Boba Fett. It's nicely-done, but i don't know why i don't find myself clamoring for each next episode.

Yeah I watched the first episode of Space Force over the weekend. Can’t say that it reeled me in.

Last edited:

Anyone watching:

• Pennyworth (HBOMax)
• Jett (HBOMax)
• Suspicion (Apple)
• Peacemaker (HBOMax)
• Boba Fett
• Ozark

Righteous Gemstones was great. I don't know why it took me so long to watch.
I still like Ozark, but many think it's jumped the shark.
Out of the others, I'm curious about Suspicion.

I'm looking forward to Severance and The Dropout, but I like to wait until the last week and binge.

In the meantime, I keep debating about starting The Gilded Age. I might wait for season 2 on that and then binge. Those period pieces (The Crown, Downton Abbey, etc...) require you to pay too much attention, and I'd probably forget everything by the time S2 appeared.

Does anybody recommend Super Pumped (Uber) or the "new" Billions?

I'm enjoying Severance a good amount right now. Binged through Hacks and really loved it.

1st episode of Winning Time was a bit iffy but its about bball and by Adam McKay so think it's going to be great...just like anything that gets a HBO Sunday night slot.

Righteous Gemstones was great. I don't know why it took me so long to watch.
I still like Ozark, but many think it's jumped the shark.
Out of the others, I'm curious about Suspicion.

I'm looking forward to Severance and The Dropout, but I like to wait until the last week and binge.

In the meantime, I keep debating about starting The Gilded Age. I might wait for season 2 on that and then binge. Those period pieces (The Crown, Downton Abbey, etc...) require you to pay too much attention, and I'd probably forget everything by the time S2 appeared.

Does anybody recommend Super Pumped (Uber) or the "new" Billions?
Ahhhh! Severance! I knew I was forgetting something.

Really cool. Writing and direction and performances. That’s a show I really like, but I don’t think I’d want to binge it. It feels right at a weekly pace.

It is good so far.

Anything I choose to watch gets my full-attention, otherwise, I may as well do something else (i.e., stare at my phone).

Ahhhh! Severance! I knew I was forgetting something.

Really cool. Writing and direction and performances. That’s a show I really like, but I don’t think I’d want to binge it. It feels right at a weekly pace.
I agree. I think binging it would make it less enjoyable.

Uhtred son of Uhtred has returned for season 5 ! DESTINY IS ALL !

d0d3f35b5eb9ec02005d36614f0dc3c8.jpg

I think this thread has morphed and is no longer about show "holes". There is such a smorgasbord of quality entertainment that the problem is now about making the most effective use of one's time and resources.

New season of Drive to Survive out on Netflix yesterday. Can't recommend it enough. Knocked out 5 episodes in last 24 hours. No need to watch old seasons, can start right at season 4 and be ready for Bahrain next Sunday.

Last edited:
New season of Drive to Survive out on Netflix yesterday. Can't recommend it enough. Knocked out 5 episodes in last 24 hours. No need to watch old seasons, can start right at season 4 and be ready for Bahrain next Sunday.
I’m going to ration them. The last two seasons, I tried to only watch them on non-race weekends, just to fill the gap.

I’m going to ration them. The last two seasons, I tried to only watch them on non-race weekends, just to fill the gap.
No shot for me. Wanted to knock out all 10 before next weekend but already through 8 now...

Anyone try Pieces of Her? 4 episodes in and think we’re out. Taking way too long to get to the point.
Things get revealed quickly over the next couple of episodes (the politician uncle/brother to the 2 main female characters), plus numerous flashbacks. But there are still some fatigue elements that linger (credibility issues; hard to care about certain characters, etc.), so we don't know how long we are going to hang on.

Things get revealed quickly over the next couple of episodes (the politician uncle/brother to the 2 main female characters), plus numerous flashbacks. But there are still some fatigue elements that linger (credibility issues; hard to care about certain characters, etc.), so we don't know how long we are going to hang on.
We finished it this weekend. It’s alright.

I think this thread has morphed and is no longer about show "holes". There is such a smorgasbord of quality entertainment that the problem is now about making the most effective use of one's time and resources.
Agree. Does anyone else listen to The Watch pod from the Ringer? I get a lot of great recommendations from it that would more than likely be in blind spots. There's just so much out there and being released non-stop that it's almost impossible to find it all.

3 episodes into Winning Time and I'm not enjoying it. Great cast, in a hbo prestige slot and McKay making it should be a home run for me but I just don't really like it at all.