I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

I think that show is a masterpiece. Maybe a Top 5 show ever for me.
I didn't like the last 2-3 episodes but before that I agree it was wonderful. Danny was an amazing character.

I didn't like the last 2-3 episodes but before that I agree it was wonderful. Danny was an amazing character.
I think the last few shows were not up to par because they were forced to wrap up production unexpectedly. Florida suddenly eliminated their TV production subsidies.

I think that show is a masterpiece. Maybe a Top 5 show ever for me.
Season One was great. I think they rushed to wrap it up once it was canceled.

Just watched The Girl from Plainville and I knew one guy was familiar: it was Kevin Rayburn. Apparently he’s quite the Broadway actor.

Just watched the first episode of Outer Range on Amazon.
It’s still early but I like it so far.

EDIT: In hindsight, I realize this is a pretty milquetoast assessment of the show so far. The truth is that I don’t know what the hell is going on yet. But it’s interesting.
And I like the cast a lot - Josh Brolin and a bunch of other actors you’ve seen - Luke from Friday Night Lights, the crazy brother from Ozark, and others.

Last edited:
Just watched the first episode of Outer Range on Amazon.
It’s still early but I like it so far.

EDIT: In hindsight, I realize this is a pretty milquetoast assessment of the show so far. The truth is that I don’t know what the hell is going on yet. But it’s interesting.
And I like the cast a lot - Josh Brolin and a bunch of other actors you’ve seen - Luke from Friday Night Lights, the crazy brother from Ozark, and others.
I started it as well. Don't know what to think. Not much of a sci-fi fan and it seems to be the sci-fi version of Yellowstone. Regardless I'll push through because the story is good enough.

Season One was great. I think they rushed to wrap it up once it was canceled.

Just watched The Girl from Plainville and I knew one guy was familiar: it was Kevin Rayburn. Apparently he’s quite the Broadway actor.
Got through 1 episode of Plainville and had to bounce. Couldn't handle how annoying the main girl is. I've watched the documentary about the story and know she was an absolutely atrocious idiot but I was wanting it to end after about 15 mins and told my wife she's on her own to finish that one.

1 episode of We Own This City and I'm 100% in. Love seeing Marlo, Poot and a few others playing main roles.
Thanks for mentioning this show. This looks right up my alley. I will definitely watch!

Thanks for mentioning this show. This looks right up my alley. I will definitely watch!
The Wire was my favorite show ever and now live about 20 miles from Baltimore so was really looking forward to it. To get some of the slight references they make is fun. One of the cops talked about going to get a pit beef at the place on Pulaski. Immediately knew he was referring to Chap's as it's one of the spots I take everyone that visits.

The Wire was my favorite show ever and now live about 20 miles from Baltimore so was really looking forward to it. To get some of the slight references they make is fun. One of the cops talked about going to get a pit beef at the place on Pulaski. Immediately knew he was referring to Chap's as it's one of the spots I take everyone that visits.
Oh, wow. I didn't know We Own This City had anything to do with the Wire. That was a great show! Another one that comes to mind that I loved was The Shield. It was around the same time as the Wire, I believe.

Extra tiger sauce, please.

I recently started watching Tokyo Vice on HBO Max I really like it.

Oh, wow. I didn't know We Own This City had anything to do with the Wire. That was a great show! Another one that comes to mind that I loved was The Shield. It was around the same time as the Wire, I believe.
Never watched The Wire but was a big fan of The Shield.

I get jealous when people say they’ve never watched The Wire or Breaking Bad. I’d love to experience both of them for the first time, again.
Same. You should love the new one. Pilot was exciting as it felt so similar.

About to start N0S4A2, read the book liked it a lot and here I am, what’s everyone think of it?

Recently started watching Afterlife on Netflix by Ricky Gervais. It's pretty deep given it's about the main character's life after his wife dies of cancer. But it's also Gervais with a ton of great 1 liners to mix a lot of laughs with the occasional tears.
We just started this as well. You summed it up perfectly.