I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

I haven't read through every page but has anyone watched The Stand on prime? I generally am a big fan of S. King's stuff and stumbled on it the other night.

Is this a show or just a general comment on humans?
Drums Eye Roll GIF

So

Netflix:
1. TinderSwindler. pretty good...I think ...good couples watch...guys..you can look real good by simply not being a lying fraudster.

2. Munich Edge of War. I really liked it save for the crappy Hitler. Im a sucker for WW2 crap though so I might be a pushover...but man..the how hard can it be to cast a better Hitler? This guy was terrible looks wise...although his acting was fine.

So Reacher has been renewed for Season 2.

Those that haven't watched the First season it just premiered about a week ago. Well worth the watch.

Without giving too much plot away, he is a Military Brat who joined the Army, Special Forces and Special Investigations Officer got out of the service and is a 6'5", 250lbs wanderer. He got pulled into some bad stuff going on a small company town in Georgia. Needless to say violence, police work, and a few other surprises happen in the 8 part series.

B
So Reacher has been renewed for Season 2.

Those that haven't watched the First season it just premiered about a week ago. Well worth the watch.

Without giving too much plot away, he is a Military Brat who joined the Army, Special Forces and Special Investigations Officer got out of the service and is a 6'5", 250lbs wanderer. He got pulled into some bad stuff going on a small company town in Georgia. Needless to say violence, police work, and a few other surprises happen in the 8 part series.
Binge watchable. I can't imagine what he has to do every day to keep those biceps so huge.

If you're a comedy fan I've watched the first 2 of a 3 part documentary series on Amazon Prime called Phat Tuesday. Really fun look into the rise of black stand up comics in the 90s.

It is sad when the woke mob try to cancel even comedians. Like 1984...

It is sad when the woke mob try to cancel even comedians. Like 1984...

Seriously! Sick of woke mob member Donald Trump trying to cancel comedians!

Dave Chapelle and Joe Rogan wanted me to share this with you

Would Hollywood even consider making some of the best comedy and other movies from the 70s to 90s?

Blazing Saddles
Airplane
Animal House
Caddy Shack
Revenge of the Nerds
Slap Shot
Deer Hunter

Last edited:
Revenge of the Nerds
Rewatch this one. It should not be made today. Even the least woke among us should agree.

There is some merit to what you say. I would eliminate Revenge of the Nerds from your examples.

Last edited:

Would Hollywood even consider making some of the best comedy and other movies from the 70s to 90s?

Blazing Saddles
Airplane
Animal House
Caddy Shack
Revenge of the Nerds
Slap Shot
Deer Hunter
Bad news bears wouldn’t be made today because it showed kids drinking and smoking and cussing ? I take it she hasn’t seen Euphoria

Blazing Saddles
Airplane
Animal House
Caddy Shack
Revenge of the Nerds
Slap Shot
Deer Hunter
You don’t have to go even that far back .. super bad has no chance

Hollywood is evil and the content of the shows and movies is all sex, drugs, murder, and demonic stuff.

Also, Hollywood is too woke and wouldn’t make any of the raunchy content that we used to like, these days.

Rewatch this one. It should not be made today. Even the least woke among us should agree.

There is some merit to what you say. I would eliminate Revenge of the Nerds from your examples.
Heck, they couldn’t do the fat Monica scenes from friends nowadays. I get it, and I’m a raving fatist

Hollywood is evil and the content of the shows and movies is all sex, drugs, murder, and demonic stuff.

Also, Hollywood is too woke and wouldn’t make any of the raunchy content that we used to like, these days.
All in the family would have been canceled 10 minutes into the first episode today.

We can play this game all day. I’m old enough to remember right wingers getting Ellen cancelled because she was *gasp* gay. The horror! Think of all the shows that never would have been made if right wing religious zealots succeeded in their cancel culture ways:

Will & Grace
Glee
Modern Family
Schitt’s Creek
Shameless

Etc. etc. etc.

Hollywood heavily traffics in such subjects because that’s what the consumers demand. They’re only selling cause we’re buying. They’re the mirror not the source