I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

I'm officially in a show hole, and I think I'm going to stay there, take a little break.

Finished Ozark.

All caught up on BCS and Barry. Will just watch the new episodes as they come out.

Take a 2 week break, and then Stranger Things is back.

Recently started watching Afterlife on Netflix by Ricky Gervais. It's pretty deep given it's about the main character's life after his wife dies of cancer. But it's also Gervais with a ton of great 1 liners to mix a lot of laughs with the occasional tears.

Gervais is really good at mixing comedy with deep melancholy. Situations and characters can be quite sad, but when you stick with it, it all pays off with some genuinely warm and wonderful moments. Plus, Ashley Jensen is in it—I love her. From Extras. I was lucky to meet her once, out with mutual friends. Lovely lady.

I’m not loving We Own This Town yet. I like The Wire connection, but this series doesn’t have the same dynamics or character strength.

I just gave up on The Flight Attendant. Season one was okay, but I haven’t been paying enough attention to season 2, and it hasn’t gripped me enough to want to bother.

Similar to Made for Love. I‘m well into season 1, and I like Kristin Milioti (from a Fargo season), but my interest is running thin. I was surprised there’s already a season 2 playing…. I don’t know where they could have taken it.

I’m still recommending Jett, but no one seems to have seen it….

Better Call Saul — eh, it’s okay. Neat, that they’re arriving at Breaking Bad timelines. I don’t love the huge separation between the Jimmy/Kim vs Lalo/Gus storylines, though.

Can‘t wait for House of the Dragon, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Ozark—i‘m taking it slowly. Like an episode a week. Good stuff.

Drive to Survive. Ditto. Slowly. Not looking forward to them reaching the ugly part of the sport I love so much.

Looking forward to starting The Ipcress File.

Under the Banner of Heaven is okay.

The Staircase is okay.

I love BARRY, but so far, this season isn’t up to the previous. But, it’s early.

Moon Knight. I gave up on that. I’m not a comics fan.

I'm officially in a show hole, and I think I'm going to stay there, take a little break.

Finished Ozark.

All caught up on BCS and Barry. Will just watch the new episodes as they come out.

Also struggling to find something interesting.

Looking forward to Barry, Atlanta and Stranger Things.

Watched Season One of Made for Love and The Flight Attendant, but have not heard any buzz for season 2.

June/July look sparse. Hopefully there’s a hidden Squid Game or two.

Also struggling to find something interesting.

Looking forward to Barry, Atlanta and Stranger Things.

Watched Season One of Made for Love and The Flight Attendant, but have not heard any buzz for season 2.

June/July look sparse. Hopefully there’s a hidden Squid Game or two.

Yeah, I guess I could watch the Flight Attendant season 2. I liked season 1, but it didn't leave me thinking I can't wait for the next season. Seemed like it should have been a 1 season limited series like Mare of Easttown or The White Lotus (I'm still a little creeped out by that show).

Yeah, I guess I could watch the Flight Attendant season 2. I liked season 1, but it didn't leave me thinking I can't wait for the next season. Seemed like it should have been a 1 season limited series like Mare of Easttown or The White Lotus (I'm still a little creeped out by that show).
I agree—i didn’t think there would be a non-nonsensical storyline for a season 2 of Flight Attendant. S2 does manage to carry the theme and make ‘sense,’ but it adds an element that is annoying more than effective toward making some of the new stuff compelling. It’s probably a show i might go back to if/when I exhaust other shows, but like Moon Knight, I’m also content to cut my losses so far.

I don’t know if it’s reflective of actual tv quality or if it’s my age, but I‘m finding myself all too frequently getting halfway into a season and then saying “I just don’t care,” and abandoning it.

I believe they are making a second season of White Lotus

Edit: looks like they are making it an anthology series

Finished Ozark.

Have you tried Hacks on HBO?

Season 2’s first two episodes came out last night. Half hour comedy about an older female stand up comedian in a Vegas residency gig.

Gervais is really good at mixing comedy with deep melancholy. Situations and characters can be quite sad, but when you stick with it, it all pays off with some genuinely warm and wonderful moments. Plus, Ashley Jensen is in it—I love her. From Extras. I was lucky to meet her once, out with mutual friends. Lovely lady.

I’m not loving We Own This Town yet. I like The Wire connection, but this series doesn’t have the same dynamics or character strength.

I just gave up on The Flight Attendant. Season one was okay, but I haven’t been paying enough attention to season 2, and it hasn’t gripped me enough to want to bother.

Similar to Made for Love. I‘m well into season 1, and I like Kristin Milioti (from a Fargo season), but my interest is running thin. I was surprised there’s already a season 2 playing…. I don’t know where they could have taken it.

I’m still recommending Jett, but no one seems to have seen it….

Better Call Saul — eh, it’s okay. Neat, that they’re arriving at Breaking Bad timelines. I don’t love the huge separation between the Jimmy/Kim vs Lalo/Gus storylines, though.

Can‘t wait for House of the Dragon, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Ozark—i‘m taking it slowly. Like an episode a week. Good stuff.

Drive to Survive. Ditto. Slowly. Not looking forward to them reaching the ugly part of the sport I love so much.

Looking forward to starting The Ipcress File.

Under the Banner of Heaven is okay.

The Staircase is okay.

I love BARRY, but so far, this season isn’t up to the previous. But, it’s early.

Moon Knight. I gave up on that. I’m not a comics fan.
Moon Knight was a mess. I had high hopes, but it was crap.

Mormons joke about how awful the dialogue is in Under the Banner of Heaven. I've heard it's distractingly bad. Just not how people talk.

Amazon Prime has had three good shows drop second seasons recently. Upload is a lot of fun, pretty interesting. My wife and I are watching season 2 of The Wilds right now (think Lost but with messed up teens) and think it's even better than the first season, which was really good. And Undone came back with a second season too. Great show. Honestly it's a work of art. Amazing storytelling, unique animation that is in service of the story. It's really cool.

Have you tried Hacks on HBO?

Season 2’s first two episodes came out last night. Half hour comedy about an older female stand up comedian in a Vegas residency gig.
Absolutely loved season 1 of Hacks. I didn't even know season 2 was approaching until seeing it pop up last night.

Wife's been out of the country for work for the past week so decided to fire up Euphoria to see what all the hype was about. Ended up crushing both seasons in about 5 days. It's not going to be for everyone but I certainly enjoyed it. I'm also a sucker for anything that HBO deems Sunday night worthy. Anything they deem worthy of those slots, I'm going to give a shot.

I've been watching The Outlaws on Amazon Prime. BBC show, really enjoying it. It's about a group of people in England that broke various laws and participate in a service program in lieu of jail time. Ensemble show, but if it has a lead the main actress is really good. Stephen Merchant acts and directs (he's an under the radar excellent comedic mind) and Christopher Walken does delightful Christopher Walken things. There will be a season 2.

On HBO Max - Raised by Wolves and The Tourist are good. I liked Staircase but I live near the featured city so there is some personal interest. Ghosts is funny and Sex Education (Netflix?) is very good - Gillian Anderson is good in that. I used to like Killing Eve but it just got boring and the latest season is the worst.

Hacks season 1 was great, I finished it in a weekend. Just started season 2 and it is just as good so far.

Also looking forward to this, especially since Nick Offerman is in it:

A League of Their Own’ first look

Amazon has released the first teaser trailer for “A League of Their Own,” a new TV series based on Penny Marshall’s 1992 film about the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League that formed in 1943 during World War II. Nick Offerman will star as the team manager in a role originated by Tom Hanks (”there’s no crying in baseball”) with a cast that includes series co-creator Abbi Jacobson, Chanté Adams, D’Arcy Carden, Roberta Colindrez, Gbemisola Ikumelo, Kelly McCormack, Priscilla Delgado, Saidah Arrika Ekulona, Kate Berlant, Kendall Johnson, Alex Désert, Aaron Jennings, Molly Ephraim, Melanie Field and Dale Dickey. “A League of Their Own,” also featuring an appearance by Rosie O’Donnell (who played one of the Rockford Peaches in the movie), will premiere Aug. 12 on Amazon Prime Video.

Finally finished After Life last night. Season 3 was rough to get through, but the last episode was great.

Hacks season 1 was great, I finished it in a weekend. Just started season 2 and it is just as good so far.

Amazon has released the first teaser trailer for “A League of Their Own,” a new TV series based on Penny Marshall’s 1992 film about the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League that formed in 1943 during World War II. Nick Offerman will star as the team manager in a role originated by Tom Hanks (”there’s no crying in baseball”) with a cast that includes series co-creator Abbi Jacobson, Chanté Adams, D’Arcy Carden, Roberta Colindrez, Gbemisola Ikumelo, Kelly McCormack, Priscilla Delgado, Saidah Arrika Ekulona, Kate Berlant, Kendall Johnson, Alex Désert, Aaron Jennings, Molly Ephraim, Melanie Field and Dale Dickey. “A League of Their Own,” also featuring an appearance by Rosie O’Donnell (who played one of the Rockford Peaches in the movie), will premiere Aug. 12 on Amazon Prime Video.
I'm consistently impressed with the quality of the Amazon Prime original shows. Definitely looking forward to their take on A League of Their Own.

I've been meaning to check Hacks out, adding League of Their Own to the list! Thanks!