I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

We’re cruising through Hacks, really digging it.

My only beef, every episode starting after episode two starts out in Spanish, I have to stop, hit the “go back” button” then hit play again to kick it into English. Doesn’t do this for any other shows on hbo max. Did it last night and tonight as well.

We’re cruising through Hacks, really digging it.

My only beef, every episode starting after episode two starts out in Spanish, I have to stop, hit the “go back” button” then hit play again to kick it into English. Doesn’t do this for any other shows on hbo max. Did it last night and tonight as well.
Happened to me too! Strangest thing! It eventually stopped.

Stranger Things did not disappoint.

Anybody gonna watch the Letterkenny spinoff, Shoresy?
I'm definitely going to give Shoresy a watch. Should be perfect to just sit around and laugh at 20 min episodes with a drink.

Did “We Own This City” live up to the hype? Haven’t heard much comment since it debuted.
I loved it but also a big Wire fan and recently moved between DC and Balt so the setting is of a lot of interest to me.

Did “We Own This City” live up to the hype? Haven’t heard much comment since it debuted.
I didn’t think so. Worth finishing, but, it’s not The Wire.

Happened to me too! Strangest thing! It eventually stopped.
Now it’s fully stuck in Spanish. Just this show. I keep getting the “you can’t fix it?” look from the gal

Now it’s fully stuck in Spanish. Just this show. I keep getting the “you can’t fix it?” look from the gal

That's odd. I've been watching it too, but that hasn't happened to me. I'm up to the season 1 finale.

d51528d2-7e1f-425b-93cb-5c483f541616_text.gif

For All Mankind is back.

After two episodes of new season of The Boys, I may be dropping out. I hate it when that happens—I sorta enjoy previous seasons of a show, and then it just sorta jumps its own shark or gets ‘too frivolous,’ or gets too big in production and effects and no longer has the same character that made it good….

For All Mankind is back.

After two episodes of new season of The Boys, I may be dropping out. I hate it when that happens—I sorta enjoy previous seasons of a show, and then it just sorta jumps its own shark or gets ‘too frivolous,’ or gets too big in production and effects and no longer has the same character that made it good….
I tried reading the comic and it really sucked. Just absolute trash. Vulgar, but in the show it's purposeful, in the comic it was like they wanted to prove they could be edgy and adult by swearing and drawing sex acts.

But part of it that also sucked is right from the jump Butcher's crew temporarily has super powers, and it's just not as interesting. My understanding is season 3 goes down that road. I've also heard something crazy/gross/disturbing happens early in the 3rd episode?

Not sure I want to get into it.

I tried reading the comic and it really sucked. Just absolute trash. Vulgar, but in the show it's purposeful, in the comic it was like they wanted to prove they could be edgy and adult by swearing and drawing sex acts.

But part of it that also sucked is right from the jump Butcher's crew temporarily has super powers, and it's just not as interesting. My understanding is season 3 goes down that road. I've also heard something crazy/gross/disturbing happens early in the 3rd episode?

The Boys? Yeah, something crazy/gross/disturbing happens at the beginning of episode 1 of this new season. It’s almost like a litmus test, to see how liberal you are. Turns out, I’m not so liberal [in certain respects]. I’m far from a prude, but they pushed the envelope to a place that really made me want to stop watching the series right there.

I thought it was incredible. It's pretty bleak because it's a based on real people and the terrible things that they did but it's really powerful. And Bernthal deserves awards for this.

I think something 'gross' happens in every episode.
Nobody ever just dies in that show; their body explodes. At a minimum, the blood spray is tremendous.

I think something 'gross' happens in every episode.
Nobody ever just dies in that show; their body explodes. At a minimum, the blood spray is tremendous.
Not that.

I thought it was incredible. It's pretty bleak because it's a based on real people and the terrible things that they did but it's really powerful. And Bernthal deserves awards for this.
I thought Bernthal overacted. Just an exaggerated ‘accent’ and one-note set of mannerisms. Not so much that it was bothersome. Just that it took me out of ‘this is a good acting job/performance’ and into caricature. He’s good at being a dirtbag, though. I think he was really good in Fury.

That's odd. I've been watching it too, but that hasn't happened to me. I'm up to the season 1 finale.

d51528d2-7e1f-425b-93cb-5c483f541616_text.gif
Idk if you’re gonna believe me, but my girl heard it’s too. Deborah is speaking English, hotel owner dude is speaking Spanish. I give up

Idk if you’re gonna believe me, but my girl heard it’s too. Deborah is speaking English, hotel owner dude is speaking Spanish. I give up
I use closed captioning, and they switched to Spanish also.

I've heard the newer models of TV have a Shooter McGavin in Spanish setting. Some models default to it.