I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

I like slow burns with all the small details meticulously sorted out, where stuff eventually hits the fan.(Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Wire are some of my favorites)

It doesn’t have to be documentary level realistic, but I don’t like stuff that’s way over the top (think Ozarks - it was too much for me)

I don’t like zombies, dragons, etc. I need human characters with no superpowers.

Any suggestions?
Severance was probably my favorite thing so far this year. It certainly hits your 1st paragraph on the head.

I'm about halfway through Season 2 of The Wilds.

I want to suspend belief and give the showrunners a chance to pull a rabbit out of the hat, but I fear I'm just going to end up angry and confused.

Just finished The Bear. I love the premise and Chicago angle, but it was a little too intense for me, chef.

I’m all for swearing, but I felt like the language was simply excessive, chef.

That Richie character is so annoying, chef.

Haven’t tracked in this thread and first post here, but here are my recent recos:

Hacks on HBO Max
Loot on Apple TV+
Yellowjackets on Showtime

I’m a huge BCS fan, but that’s been mentioned.

For any Sorkin fans, I saw West Wing and Newsroom have been mentioned. But a short-lived show that might entertain is Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

Shout out for anyone watching Happy Endings where they took the Friends & HIMYM twenty-somethings in a big city and just dialed up the jokes to 11. Still bummed that show got the hook.

I want to suspend belief and give the showrunners a chance to pull a rabbit out of the hat, but I fear I'm just going to end up angry and confused.
We thought season 2 was solid. I think I actually liked it better than season 1.

I just finished Outer Range. That's a different one. Not really sure what to make of it.

We thought season 2 was solid. I think I actually liked it better than season 1.

I just finished Outer Range. That's a different one. Not really sure what to make of it.
Felt compelled to finish Outer Range after starting it but was kinda hate watching it by the end.

The Bear is fantastic on Hulu just finished that. Also would recommend The Man who fell to Earth on Showtime.

Same.
I'm about to do the same with Westworld. Might be making a decision after episode 1 if I can keep going because the 3rd season was brutal to get through but the 1st season was so damn good and it's HBO so I can't quit it.

The Mrs. and I just finished Batman and Bill on Hulu and I highly recommend it. I was aware of some of the story but didn't know how crazy it really was.

Criminal minds returning for a new season. Start’s shooting in august apparently. Some cast returning some aren’t.
Will stream in paramount plus.
Already has a short synopsis.

Watching Skinwalker ranch on Netflix, it’s horribly dumb but entertaining.
Also started Castlevania on Netflix as well. I like it.

Amazon just pulled the plug on this. I wasn’t thrilled with the way Season 2 ended.

Amazon just pulled the plug on this. I wasn’t thrilled with the way Season 2 ended.
Aw, bummer.

I watched Reacher, it was entertaining but Reacher has a higher body count than the villains. The dude kills a load of people and nobody has a problem with it. I don't get it.

I watched The Donut King on Hulu. Really interesting documentary about the connection between Cambodian political unrest and the rise of California donut shops. No kidding.

The Bear really is great. Although my wife doesn't love the profanity.

Also the main dude could absolutely play Wolverine next.

The Bear really is great. Although my wife doesn't love the profanity.

Also the main dude could absolutely play Wolverine next.
We went through it last week. I enjoyed it for sure.

Recent watches:

Apple:
Loot: Good
Physical: Better
Black Bird: Best

Netflix:
Uncoupled: Good
DB Cooper Doc: Good

Next up:
The Chi
Only Murders

Recent watches:

Apple:

Netflix:

Next up:
The Chi
Only Murders

Only Murders is good. Just enough surprises to make it interesting and of course a likely final farewell to Steve Martin and Martin Short.

Only Murders is good. Just enough surprises to make it interesting and of course a likely final farewell to Steve Martin and Martin Short.
They've greenlit Season 3 already. I know Martin is not taking on new roles, but I think he likes this one given it's NYC location.

Recent watches:

Apple:

Netflix:

Next up:
The Chi
Only Murders
I've been planning to watch the DB Cooper documentary. Thanks for the little nudge I needed.
For any Harry Chapin fans, "When in Doubt, Do Something" on Prime is uplifting with a nice selection of some lesser known songs sprinkled throughout.

They've greenlit Season 3 already. I know Martin is not taking on new roles, but I think he likes this one given it's NYC location.
Right. I just meant this is likely a final project (ending date tbd).

Partner Track on Netflix: After decades, and dozens of attempts at accurately portraying life inside BigLaw, finally someone nails it.

j/k

I started watching Harley Quinn. It popped up on demand on YouTubeTV. Hilarious. Cartoons for grown ups.

Knocked out Slow Horses. Entertaining enough, nothing special. Think The Patient will be next.

Current must watches for me on day they release are: House of Dragons, Industry, Welcome to Wrexham.