I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Partner Track on Netflix: After decades, and dozens of attempts at accurately portraying life inside BigLaw, finally someone nails it.

j/k
So It’s bad ?

Trying on Apple TV+: Just whipped through Season 3. This show gets no publicity and is criminally underrated. I also love Brit humor.

I know I’m a little late to the party, but I recently started Bloodline. I have 1 episode left in S1. It was a bit slow to get started but I’ve been hooked as we get further along, and the characters develop. I suppose it’s not a coincidence that my attention level is directly related to how much screen time Meg gets.

I know I’m a little late to the party, but I recently started Bloodline. I have 1 episode left in S1. It was a bit slow to get started but I’ve been hooked as we get further along, and the characters develop. I suppose it’s not a coincidence that my attention level is directly related to how much screen time Meg gets.
Not familiar with the show and had to look that up.

Linda Cardellini is an objectively attractive person and I'm sure should one be fortunate to spend time with her they would find the experience delightful.

Very good show that ends abruptly for financial reasons.

I'm liking Industry on HBO. Not sure how easy it would be to closely follow for non-finance guys.
I watched it—season 1—and I’m not a finance guy.
It’s hard to like, though. Not one appealing character, and they’re not really ‘entertaining’ or fun by being unappealing. I started season 2, but, I don’t think I have the momentum.

It’s hard to like, though. Not one appealing character, and they’re not really ‘entertaining’ or fun by being unappealing. I started season 2, but, I don’t think I have the momentum.
Yeah, I'm not really "rooting" for anyone. I just like that it tries a little harder to capture the vibe of the IB world, especially in the throw away lines that you'd only catch if you were using CC.

Compared it House of Lies (Management Consulting), any legal show centering around law firm life (Ally McBeal, Partner Track), and most medical dramas (which I rarely watch), I think it's an honest effort. With a lot of superfluous drug use and hanky panky thrown in.

I kinda hated season 3 of Atlanta, but the first 2 episodes of season 4 have things back on track again! Enjoyed both of them a lot, especially episode 2.

Watched the third season of Trapped on the flights yesterday. Couple glaring plot holes, but otherwise an enjoyable 6 episodes. Season 3 is actually entitled ‘Entrapped’ and is also set in a small town in Iceland.

Last edited:
I’m a fan of a Sharon Horgan. Enjoying Bad Sisters on Apple, and I’ve gone back to rewatch Catastrophe (really fantastic pilot episode) on Amazon.

Oh, yeah—Dahmer on Netflix is bingeable.

Eric is an interesting character . Harper is devoid of any humanity

Very good show that ends abruptly for financial reasons.
Went a bit off the rails towards the end. Certain characters doing things I just can’t see them doing given their established personalities and tendencies

I finished the one and only season of Night Sky on Prime. It was way better than Outer Range but didn't get renewed. It's a bummer. Show had potential.

Enjoying “Wu-Tang: An American Saga”.

NOT a doc. Some aspects are flat out made up for entertainment purposes. But it’s generally telling their story, and is fun as hell.

Not perfect. Meth’s character is too stiff. Surprised at how Ghost is always brooding and angry. Wish my guy Deck got more screen time. But it’s good. ODB and Rae are dead on and RZA captures the spirit. The Easter eggs are good and the story is compelling, especially once the music industry stuff starts.
Finished s2 a few days ago. Great show. It’s a slow burn.

Most of the characters are perfectly cast IMO, especially ODB and Rae like you said. Good choice to recast Deck. I flat out do not understand what Ashton Sanders is doing as RZA. I’ve heard some theories (channeling a kung fu master) and RZA is a producer, so I guess he approves.

I kinda hated season 3 of Atlanta, but the first 2 episodes of season 4 have things back on track again! Enjoyed both of them a lot, especially episode 2.
Update: episodes 3 and 4 of Atlanta were 2 of my favorites ever! Show is going out with a bang!

I’ll repeat this: Catastrophe on Amazon Prime is really good. It is quite ‘adult,’ and as it is characterized in the description tags, “coarse.” But funny as heck.

Atlanta going at Tyler Perry was….wow! Not sure I’ve ever seen a show go at someone else in the business that hard.

Last edited:
Watched the first episode of The Watcher on Netflix. I thought it was horrendous. Bailed completely. My wife finished up the series and told me it was worse than even I had thought. She proceeded to tell me how it ended and I regretted those ten minutes lost forever. Do not watch.

Last edited: