I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

I don't remember if i mentioned this before, but the Watchmen series is really good. There are a few episodes that should have won some Emmys. And i did not like the movie.

I won’t watch golf or a show about golf, but I think that one and the one about tennis were Netflix reactions to the success of the Formula 1 show Drive to Survive.

The tennis one was decent. I’m hoping for more episodes next year, though—the first season went quick.
I was hoping for more out of the tennis one. Maybe the part two will be better.

Shrinking is pretty funny if you like dark humor. Jason Segal is great in it and of course you have the grumpy OG Harrison Ford.
We are burning through this right now. Really enjoying it so far.

So I just watched the second to last episode of season 2 of Hunters on Amazon Prime, and it might be one of the greatest things I've ever seen on TV.

Just finished Boardwalk Empire for the first time. I started off enjoying it, they lost me quite a bit after James was gone and then I thought the last season was great.

Even when I was bored with the show every character really added something to it. Richard Harrow was a perfect character, imo.

The ending was an all-timer. I did not see it coming at all but the entire setup of the last season was just about perfect.

Last edited:
I'm catching up on Snowfall myself. If anyone is interested in a crime, drug, drama series I highly recommend it.

my wife is lovin' NEW AMSTERDAM. hospital show ran from 2018-23)
i myself haven't seen an episode but she apparently likes it so much she immediately hits pause whenever i walk in the room and tells me to stop talking.
she's also enjoying ALASKA DAILY with hillary swank. again...haven't seen it.

Last edited:
Lasso season 3 started. Are you watching each week, or saving up until their all out?

my wife is lovin' NEW AMSTERDAM. hospital show ran from 2018-23)
i myself haven't seen an episode but she apparently likes it so much she immediately hits pause whenever i walk in the room and tells me to stop talking.
she's also enjoying ALASKA DAILY with hillary swank. again...haven't seen it.
Yeah my wife got into New Amsterdam too.

I have no other commentary on it.

Lasso season 3 started. Are you watching each week, or saving up until their all out?
Imagine I'll watch weekly. Think the only other weekly watch right now is Perry Mason but then have Succession and Yellowjackets starting back up shortly which will be on that list as well.

There are lots of talk right now that the streamers throwing all episodes out at once is bad for business.

the whole goal of a streamer is to drive views.. Allowing all shows at once allows for people to go to their site once/twice and leave... if you go to a site 8-10 times for series more chances you see something else and stay.

Binging also makes it easier to stop and start a service.. No money at all for them. Now some people will wait until the end anyway but that also means ignoring any talk/discussion of a show until after its done. Much easier to do I guess these days with work from home and no water cooler talk like the good old days.. But avoiding all social media is hard for many. Even movie spoilers is getting hard to avoid.

There are lots of talk right now that the streamers throwing all episodes out at once is bad for business.

the whole goal of a streamer is to drive views.. Allowing all shows at once allows for people to go to their site once/twice and leave... if you go to a site 8-10 times for series more chances you see something else and stay.

Binging also makes it easier to stop and start a service.. No money at all for them. Now some people will wait until the end anyway but that also means ignoring any talk/discussion of a show until after its done. Much easier to do I guess these days with work from home and no water cooler talk like the good old days.. But avoiding all social media is hard for many. Even movie spoilers is getting hard to avoid.
We only get Apple to watch Lasso, so what you described is my house to a tee. Which reminds me, need to cancel Prime now that I’ve watched Jack Ryan and Hulu since we finished off handmaidens tale

We only get Apple to watch Lasso, so what you described is my house to a tee. Which reminds me, need to cancel Prime now that I’ve watched Jack Ryan and Hulu since we finished off handmaidens tale
Handmaid's Tale will be back. And Apple TV+ has a lot of really good shows for the low price.

Your Honor just wrapped up for good. I enjoyed it.

Looking forward to Mayor of Kingstown on Sunday. Wonder if Renner will be healthy enough to continue.

We finally finished binge-watching Gotham. While there was too much 'apocalypse of the week' stuff, the last couple of seasons were highlighted by the brilliant comedic duo of Robin Lloyd Taylor and Cory Michael Smith, who played the Penguin and the Riddler respectively. Their scenes together were howlingly funny. They were, by far, the best thing about the show.

I have the biggest crush on Van from Atlanta. Gets me again every season.

Anybody try watching The Glory on Netflix? Korean show that seems popular.