I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

On netflix...mind hunter pretty good. it moves slow. if you are into explosions and crap like that to keep your attention, move along..but if you don't mind a story taking time to cultivate, this is for you.

watched Two popes on Netflix..and really liked it.. im neither Christian or catholic, but have always been fascinated by the Vatican and its mysteries...

im in season one of Jack Ryan and its ok...

On netflix...mind hunter pretty good. it moves slow. if you are into explosions and crap like that to keep your attention, move along..but if you don't mind a story taking time to cultivate, this is for you.

watched Two popes on Netflix..and really liked it.. im neither Christian or catholic, but have always been fascinated by the Vatican and its mysteries...

im in season one of Jack Ryan and its ok...
I liked Mindhunter. Have to get in the mood for Two Popes.
Jack Ryan was enjoyable even as they strain for fresh material.

Have high hopes for the new Jack Reacher series whenever it comes out.

I also eagerly anticipate the 3rd season of Fargo and Ozarks.

I liked Mindhunter. Have to get in the mood for Two Popes.
Jack Ryan was enjoyable even as they strain for fresh material.

Have high hopes for the new Jack Reacher series whenever it comes out.

I also eagerly anticipate the 3rd season of Fargo and Ozarks.

geez..there is going to be a season three of fargo? the first two were sweet. ozarks is dark yet delectable. i guess better call saul was put on hold for making of el camino?

geez..there is going to be a season three of fargo? the first two were sweet. ozarks is dark yet delectable. i guess better call saul was put on hold for making of el camino?
Fargo is going to season 4. I liked 2 a lot. 3 was better the second time I watched it.

I loved family guy for a few years when I was in high school (2008 timeframe). Funny stuff.

And I’ll tell you something else... the first few years of Spongebob is great stuff. Obviously it dragged on a lot and to be honest I never saw many of the newer stuff but the original few seasons (if you can even call it that) is really good material. And it’s not just for kids at all. There is good humor in them.

Anyone see the film LIFE ITSELF (now on Amazon prime)?

Interesting multi-generational thing. The part of that component that sometimes seemed like a story flaw also was what eventually made the film kinda brilliant.

The Last O.G. is not just a good TBS show, it's a good show, period.

Really strong writing and several of the actors are pitch-perfect in their roles.

The Last O.G. is not just a good TBS show, it's a good show, period.

Really strong writing and several of the actors are pitch-perfect in their roles.
I've watched a few episodes on Netflix. I like it a lot, but for a TBS show I'm surprised by all the profanity.

I've watched a few episodes on Netflix. I like it a lot, but for a TBS show I'm surprised by all the profanity.

Ya, I don't know how that works on the actual TV channel; I've only seen it on Netflix as well.

Barry or Euphoria worthwhile? Usually trust anything that HBO does but never started either of these or The Deuce.

Barry or Euphoria worthwhile? Usually trust anything that HBO does but never started either of these or The Deuce.
Barry is a lot of fun.
Haven’t seen euphoria.

Just finished watching Keeping Faith on Acorn TV. Set in seaside Wales beautiful scenery. Nice storyline with a few twists and turns.
Welsh accents may take a bit getting used to but not bad. (Not for me as I grew up in a Welsh household!)
Watching season 2 now.

Snowfall on FX.
Finally becoming the last person on earth to get Netflix this Christmas has me digging through this thread & I must 2nd this post.
Snowfall is very good. This is an odd statement, but I could listen to Franklin talk all day, just his flow & slang. I’ve enjoyed watching his confidence grow as he’s risen in power. Uncle Jerome can be hilarious at times. Can’t wait for Season 3.

Bingeing on Schitts Creek and it is amazingly hilarious and heartfelt. It definitely gets better as it goes. Season 1 is uneven and I only got really into it partway into Season 2.

Anyone else watch that cat killer doc on Netflix. Don't know how I never heard of that story while living that close to it.

LOST IN SPACE is back for season 2 on NETFLIX.

How was the first season?

Wanna watch but have a huge list to start watching.

Also want to watch Dracula as well.

Just finished binge watching Line of Duty on Acorn. Great writing, good cast. Lots of twists and turns big surprises early making viewer susceptible to misdirection. I started suspecting everyone!

Just finished binge watching Line of Duty on Acorn. Great writing, good cast. Lots of twists and turns big surprises early making viewer susceptible to misdirection. I started suspecting everyone!
What is Acorn? I can’t keep up with all of these channels.

Last edited:

It was on Netflix up here. Good show.

The Tunnel on Amazon Prime has three years worth of shows. Finished Season One. Excellent police crime drama

Suitable for teenagers and up. Lots of swearing and a few bits of nudity.

I saw season one of Maisel, and it was okay. But, i read (here?) that season 2 was "disappointing," so i didn't go back to it. But, i'll try it anyway.

I do kinda want to try again with Fleabag. It annoyed me in episode 1, but i did get the sense that it was just something i needed to 'get used to.'
If you didn't like season one of Maisel, the show probably isn't for you. I doubt you'll like 2 or 3.

I wasn't sure about Fleabag after the first episode. I was all in after 2 and 3.

If you didn't like season one of Maisel, the show probably isn't for you. I doubt you'll like 2 or 3.

I wasn't sure about Fleabag after the first episode. I was all in after 2 and 3.
I finished season 2 of Maisel, but not with great interest. It was lovely to look at, but i didn't care enough about it to really pay a lot of attention. Started e01 of the third season and just didn't care enough to continue. It's well done, but i just didn't feel invested in it. The other thing is that i just never loved Rachel Brosnahan. She's good, but i don't feel anything for her.

I keep wanting to re-try Fleabag, but only because i think i'm supposed to.