I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst

Judah definitely needs to handle his frustration better, but his beef with that ref started in the first half if you look at the game replay carefully... I posted about it livetime in the game thread.

That ref was also just plain bad and frustration was warranted...

A number of ticky-tack or complete phantom calls against us and no calls on contact on Judah's drives that he gets in most games...

The kicker was Q's 3rd or 4th foul... Under the basket, standing with arms straight up and ville player going up for layup... That ref blows the "anticipation" whistle with a big tomahawk arm wave... And the contact never happened. It was an asshat "Tim Higgins special" call.

That ref was horrible and I have no qualms with the players being frustrated with him. They should have been... Judah simply needs to handle his emotions better and not argue with Red about it either.

Asshats in zebra stripes happen...

You can't respond by being a bigger asshat.

To be fair..jesse boned us in the last hour. We didn’t have time to get anyone better
Ehh, judging from 247 dates, there were quite a few top 20 transfer centers still available April 16th and beyond.

Figure it out.Better the team is the more money the school makes.
Judah’s good, but a pain in the a$$. Red and GMac have had two years of what we saw last night. We can get a winning player elsewhere who isn’t half the headache. Not to mention he’s going to wait until May to make a decision which the staff cannot afford going into next year.

What the hell was that?

Quickly triggered a Lville run, but our kids stretched the lead back out.

Would have been interesting to see the post-game locker room conversation.

Have to figure Red is hitting saturation point with this kind of on-court volatility.

I'm a big Judah fan, but you have to wonder if at some point it is best for Red to move on.
As soon as you typed the title, it was wrong. ;)

Judah definitely needs to handle his frustration better, but his beef with that ref started in the first half if you look at the game replay carefully... I posted about it livetime in the game thread.

A number of ticky-tack or complete phantom calls against us and no calls on contact on Judah's drives that he gets in most games...

The kicker was Q's 3rd or 4th foul... Under the basket, standing with arms straight up and ville player going up for layup... That ref blows the "anticipation" whistle with a big tomahawk arm wave... And the contact never happened. It was an asshat "Tim Higgins special" call.

That ref was horrible and I have no qualms with the players being frustrated with him. They should have been... Judah simply needs to handle his emotions better and not argue with Red about it either.

Asshats in zebra stripes happen...

You can't respond by being a bigger asshat.
Ehh Judah complains every call. I like Copeland, but he’s not too much better in that regard. Officials are humans too and are tired of it. It’s why he got the technical so quickly.

Ehh Judah complains every call. I like Copeland, but he’s not too much better in that regard. Officials are humans too and are tired of it. It’s why he got the technical so quickly.
100% correct. I mentioned this the other day. I was told by someone who would know that the refs in the league have had enough.

Judah’s good, but a pain in the a$$. Red and GMac have had two years of what we saw last night. We can get a winning player elsewhere who isn’t half the headache. Not to mention he’s going to wait until May to make a decision which the staff cannot afford going into next year.
Your last point is a big one for me, among the other issues that have been discussed. Judah has a right to take time to decide his future, but I don't want to be scrambling last minute to fill his spot with just "what's left."

And as far as the technical, the entire board would have lost it's collective sh## if an opposing player held the ball from the ref and didn't get a T and everyone knows it.

Red was great with this. Intervene. Check. Take the corrective action. Check. Get star player calmed down. Check. Insert star back into game and win. Check. Speak to him in private post game. Assuming check.
Some of you would throw the baby out with the bath water. All of the players are still developing, physically, mentally, and emotionally. I am not a big fan or chirping at the refs, but Judah has gotten better as the year has progressed.
Let the coaches worry about it.
There is no reason not to trust Red to deal with it appropriately.

Last edited:
100% correct. I mentioned this the other day. I was told by someone who would know that the refs in the league have had enough.

Yeah, I would not be surprised by this.

All this could be foreshadowing for a challenging ACC tournament for him with a lot of no calls on contact he's been getting calls on most of the year.

The refs are paid to call the game according to the rule book.

If they're holding back whistles because they're tired of Judah voicing that they're not doing what they're paid to do, they're a bunch of stupid giant man babies that should find a different profession where their sensitive natures aren't so offended so frequently by individuals many years their junior.

Last edited:
The refs are paid to call the game according to the rule book.

If they're holding back whistles because they're tired of Judah voicing that they're not doing what they're paid to do, they're a bunch of stupid giant man babies that should find a different profession where their sensitive nature's aren't so offended so frequently by individuals many years their junior.
It's called being human. Enough is enough. I'm sure Judah fouls guys and isn't called for them as well. The game isn't played perfectly and it isn't going to be called perfectly. Play the calls.

Weird moment for sure.

I thought he thought the ref was a Louisville player trying to take the ball. It didn't look to me like the ref was fully in his line of sight.

Strange technical foul. What was it even called for, delaying the game?
It was a bs technical. Ref had a decision to make, very different than slamming the ball at the ref. Of course if Judah said the magic word the ref made the right call.

It was a bs technical. Ref had a decision to make, very different than slamming the ball at the ref. Of course if Judah said the magic word the ref made the right call.
No. It was the right call. The ref was talking to Judah before he called the T. Judah decided not to give the ball to the ref anyway. Enough.

It's called being human. Enough is enough. I'm sure Judah fouls guys and isn't called for them as well. The game isn't played perfectly and it isn't going to be called perfectly. Play the calls.
I mean you can play the “he’s human” game all day long. Judahs just human he has emotions and reactions just like everyone else. I don’t agree with Judah or disagree with you In totality Judah was in the wrong 100% but that you can’t play that card.

The moaning and groaning sbout refs and also about how players react to and treat refs in all sports is overblown and quite nauseating. It’s gone on forever, it happens in every sport no generation is any better or worse how people have care and energy to discuss it in every sport every single day is beyond me.

I mean you can play the “he’s human” game all day long. Judahs just human he has emotions and reactions just like everyone else. I don’t agree with Judah or disagree with you In totality Judah was in the wrong 100% but that you can’t play that card.
No ref should take any guff from any player. Ours or theirs. That is the coaches job.

there were 2 or 3 plays before that play that u could tell by his body language he thought he was fouled.
You'd have to be more specific, there are 20 to 30 of those a game.
OK, but...
This is the issue. Judah is hurting himself and the team by showing up the refs constantly. If dasher is hearing this, I have to assume Red is and Judah is. So he needs to knock it off, and Red needs to coach him on how to work the refs and adjust to how they're calling the game.

What we can't have is Judah getting called for touch fouls and then not getting obvious calls the other way because the refs are sick and tired of his act and trying to send a message. It's the wrong way to send the message (just T him up when he won't stop complaining, but call the game fair), but we can't control that. You have to adjust what you can control to make the best of the situation.

I don't know if it was "so quickly."

Looked to me like Judah was carrying on while the ball should have been inbounded. The ref let it go for a few seconds, but then wanted to get the ball back in play. When he reached for it, Judah pulled it away.

I'm fairly certain that Judah wasn't trying to get into it with the ref. And I'm guessing that he didn't realize it was the ref reaching for the ball [based upon Judah's reaction, I believe [and I acknowledge that this is my opinion only] that he assumed it was a Louisville player, which is why he pulled the ball away].

But put yourself in the ref's shoes. A kid is complaining about a missed call, then goes on and on with his coach on the sideline while the game should be actively live. To get things rolling, you try to get the ball from said player to get the game back on track, and the kid pulls it away.

Seemed to me like it wasn't that quick -- it was all of the stuff in combination that drew the T.

Can we please not use 'being human' as a mutually-exclusive excuse for refs (and only refs) doing their job poorly??

It's a really selectively weak and weird argument...

Refs are 'being human'" on a poorly called game but "enough's enough" with our players' behavior because they don't get the benefit of also "being human"??

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander...

I missed the Judah technical but I will say a few things. First I hate teams with kids who complain about calls or lack thereof….play the game and let the coaches deal with the refs. Red needs to get this dialed in with the boys. Secondly, no way anyone is running Judah off…the kid can flat out score and is all ACC…these types of players are extremely hard to replace so anyone saying it’s time to move on is cray cray.

I have zero idea what our roster looks like next year but I would love to have all the main contributors back….throw in Donny and we may have something special.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom