I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I'm surprised there's no thread on Judah's outburst

Red will move on from this as soon as the season is in the books.
Which would hopefully ensure that we aren’t caught sleeping and being left at the altar like we have been in the past.

What the hell was that?

Quickly triggered a Lville run, but our kids stretched the lead back out.

Would have been interesting to see the post-game locker room conversation.

Have to figure Red is hitting saturation point with this kind of on-court volatility.

I'm a big Judah fan, but you have to wonder if at some point it is best for Red to move on.

Judah consistently gripes to the refs. And that’s fine if you are Luka Doncic, but that he ain’t.

Judah 100% cannot show up his coach which is what he did.

I’m rooting like all get out for this team, but we are a bubble team at best right now. Judah Mintz isn’t an elite player. He is very talented. He can carry us in certain games. He’s very good. But Judah isn’t a guy you break all your rules for (figuratively) like you would a guy that basically locks you into a top four seed in the NCAAT.

Judah’s NBA projection has been going one direction since the start of the year, which is the direction in which he doesn’t want it to go.

The best thing for both Cuse and Judah is to make the tourney and go on a run.

That way Judah will maximize his options and earnings, we’ll finish strong and everyone can be happy.

If, imo and imo only, Judah were to return and run the show like Red wants to, it would help him tremendously, but Judah plays one way. It will get him 1st or 2nd team all ACC, but that and $2 gets you a cheap cup of coffee as it pertains to NBA scouts.

The refs are paid to call the game according to the rule book.

If they're holding back whistles because they're tired of Judah voicing that they're not doing what they're paid to do, they're a bunch of stupid giant man babies that should find a different profession where their sensitive nature's aren't so offended so frequently by individuals many years their junior.
You want respect, you have to give respect.

I almost never think kids should get technicals but he absolutely deserved one last night. Like I said in the game thread, I would have sat him the rest of the game. But I don't see a world where that wouldn't have ended our season before the team got back to Syracuse, so I understand why Red didn't. And I'd imagine this team is past messages being sent. The guys either get it or they don't at this point.

And this is coming from a guy who watched plenty of sporting events from the bench for being an azzhole like that in high school.

Last edited:
Weird?! It was embarrassing. Embarrassing for him. Embarrassing for Red.

In the era of Bobby Knights, Gene Hackmans, and Jim Boeheims, he would’ve been benched for the rest of the game and maybe for the next couple of games.
I disagree on Boeheim because we have seen players in the past do similar things and Boeheim didn’t bench them, especially if they’re a top player on the team.

Can we please not use 'being human' as a mutually-exclusive excuse for refs (and only refs) doing their job poorly??

It's a really selectively weak and weird argument...

Refs are 'being human'" on a poorly called game but "enough's enough" with our players' behavior because they don't get the benefit of also "being human"??

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander...
I'm sorry. That is just nonsense. Or Bullcrap if you want. Refs won't take crap from players. Period. The coaches job is to talk to refs. Not players. Can we stop trying to make it out like it is a okay for players to complain. It isn't. Judah is out of line. Time after time. By the way. Do you know any major college refs? I do. They don't care who wins.

Good lord we might as well take the 20 wins and get rid of the program. This thread is a mess. Holy hell. Went from some good discourse to whatever this is now.

Judah’s good, but a pain in the a$$. Red and GMac have had two years of what we saw last night. We can get a winning player elsewhere who isn’t half the headache. Not to mention he’s going to wait until May to make a decision which the staff cannot afford going into next year.
As much as I would prefer Judah to come back rather than having to replace him, I do think this is a pretty big deal this go around. It sounded like last year, we felt pretty confident he was going to return so it wasn't a huge deal that he kept us waiting, but it seems a lot more likely he decides to leave this year, so it would help a lot if we have clarity early (i.e. telling him we're moving on without him regardless). Having said that, I'll believe we can get an upgrade over him when it happens. Things seem to be trending up in terms of our recruiting but we haven't had many players in recent memory as good as Judah is IMO.

Wouldn’t be so sure about that
I don’t know who wants what, but I am coming around on wanting Judah to play at SU, if he plays CBB next season. He will (hopefully) have a front court of Bell, Brown and Freeman to take away some attention. Choppa and JJ will demand attention. If JT can get his head and shot straight, that’s a lot of weapons people have to account for.
If he can develop a 3-pt shot that has to be respected by the defense, he could be lights out.

Judah was wrong, but I’m not sure he knew the ref was who was grabbing for the ball. After the technical, I think Judah was trying to explain to the coaches what happened and then saw Red subbing him out. He always tries to plead his case to stay in the game. I’m not sure if it was as bad as it looked. I thought the best comment last night during the game was when they called Copeland the nickname, “megaphone“ because he never stops talking.

Judah consistently gripes to the refs. And that’s fine if you are Luka Doncic, but that he ain’t.

Judah 100% cannot show up his coach which is what he did.

I’m rooting like all get out for this team, but we are a bubble team at best right now. Judah Mintz isn’t an elite player. He is very talented. He can carry us in certain games. He’s very good. But Judah isn’t a guy you break all your rules for (figuratively) like you would a guy that basically locks you into a top four seed in the NCAAT.

Judah’s NBA projection has been going one direction since the start of the year, which is the direction in which he doesn’t want it to go.

The best thing for both Cuse and Judah is to make the tourney and go on a run.

That way Judah will maximize his options and earnings, we’ll finish strong and everyone can be happy.

If, imo and imo only, Judah were to return and run the show like Red wants to, it would help him tremendously, but Judah plays one way. It will get him 1st or 2nd team all ACC, but that and $2 gets you a cheap cup of coffee as it pertains to NBA scouts.
All ACC will get him huge NIL offers from a number of schools….the kid will be highly sought after. Understood it is not NBA but it will be darn good money if he wants it.

Judah was wrong, but I’m not sure he knew the ref was who was grabbing for the ball. After the technical, I think Judah was trying to explain to the coaches what happened and then saw Red subbing him out. He always tries to plead his case to stay in the game. I’m not sure if it was as bad as it looked. I thought the best comment last night during the game was when they called Copeland the nickname, “megaphone“ because he never stops talking.
Your timeline is wrong. Red wasn't subbing him out until he got the T.

Then his level of awareness is so low it’s embarrassing.

I'm sorry. That is just nonsense. Or Bullcrap if you want. Refs won't take crap from players. Period. The coaches job is to talk to refs. Not players. Can we stop trying to make it out like it is a okay for players to complain. It isn't. Judah is out of line. Time after time. By the way. Do you know any major college refs? I do. They don't care who wins.

They might not care who wins but at least some of them also don’t care about doing a good job.

As for players complaining, I don’t understand why it is expected that players can’t talk to refs about a call. This has never been true at any professional level of sport. Why is it supposed to be true at the collegiate level?

All ACC will get him huge NIL offers from a number of schools….the kid will be highly sought after. Understood it is not NBA but it will be darn good money if he wants it.

Sure. And he should maximize his earnings. That’s absolutely a fair play by him.

Judah is an elite athlete with the ability to get in the lane anytime he wants. They don’t grow on trees. Judah is immature and needs tough love. Red has shown him some tough love. You don’t let your best player leave to play somewhere else. No one you bring in will have the impact Judah has on a game. Coleman’s behavior was much worse than Judah. He would throw punches and not get taken out.

They might not care who wins but at least some of them also don’t care about doing a good job.

As for players complaining, I don’t understand why it is expected that players can’t talk to refs about a call. This has never been true at any professional level of sport. Why is it supposed to be true at the collegiate level?
Because it is. That's it. There is a difference between college and the pros. Not as much as there once was but it still holds. Do we bring that down to high school? Oh, and they do care about doinga good job. Do they fall short. Sure. Like every profession.

Agreed. I officiate and I will listen to captains if they are respectful. Kids need to play and I will officiate. If you have never picked up a whistle and called a game my advice is try it out….yiu will have a different perspective on the job.

No ref should take any guff from any player. Ours or theirs. That is the coaches job.
where did I say it’s okay? I said he was in the wrong directly in my response to you. I said it’s naesusting seeing This same discourse over and over as if it was different in any other sport, any other generation. It wasn’t, it won’t change now and it’s not gonna change in the future. I literally agree with you. It’s the nature of the beast. Humans are human they have emotions, everyone is different. This discussion will never change because it’s old heads yelling at kids and kids yelling at old heads. It’s useless and pointless discussion that never goes anywhere.

where did I say it’s okay? I said he was in the wrong directly in my response to you. I said it’s naesusting seeing This same discourse over and over as if it was different in any other sport, any other generation. It wasn’t, it won’t change now and it’s not gonna change in the future. I literally agree with you. It’s the nature of the beast. Humans are human they have emotions, everyone is different. This discussion will never change because it’s old heads yelling at kids. It’s useless and pointless discussion that never goes anywhere.
LOL In this case, it's the kids talking to the old heads.

Players can behave badly.

Refs can call bad games.

We had both in this game and i'm giving neither a free pass.

Coaches need to reign in their players when they behave badly. Red tried to do that.

For the record, I don't think Judah's behavior is acceptable and I fear his repeated ref-bitching may well bite him (and our team) in the arse at an inopportune time. Red has to find a way to get him to button it up going forward. Period

My point is "being human" is not a valid argument for poor performance or bad behavior.

...for refs or for players. That's what is BS.

Judah deserved the T. Deserved to sit, and deserved to be put back in. Part of evaluating Red next year will be if we continue to see this stuff.
Well “this stuff” has been going in for years. If JB is the coach, Benny is still on the team.

Red is addressing issues that have been tolerated for years.

Players can behave badly.

Refs can call bad games.

We had both in this game and i'm giving neither a free pass.

Coaches need to reign in their players when they behave badly. Red tried to do that.

For the record, I don't think Judah's behavior is acceptable and I fear his repeated ref-bitching may well bite him (and our team) in the arse at an inopportune time. Red has to find a way to get him to button it up going forward. Period

My point is "being human" is not a valid argument for poor performance or bad behavior.

...for refs or for players. That's what is BS.
The problem is...we have humans reffing the games. Playing it as well. Ref a game and have a kid whine all game long and get back at me on how much of that you put up with? I don't blame the ref for calling the T. I do blame Mintz, who by the way, I have been the biggest defender of on this board, for complaining as much as he does.

Didn’t like it, but move on? Crazy talk.
judah has grown...last stretch of games have been great

it was clear the refs were slatning their calls towards the ville and he wasnt happy

in a way it did kinda bring more balance to their reffing but wasnt worth it

a lot of times coaches will do the same thing - get a tech when they feel the game isnt being called and it usually works to even things out

judah has been great in this winning streak and some of his best basketball ever...i hope it continues for a long time this year and moving forward

hes playing like a PG (FINALLY!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom