Imagine how good Marek could be | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Imagine how good Marek could be

The bball and football S&C staffs are different and its easy to see which one is better.

Wonder if you said that back when the football team was 4-8 and getting tossed around by everybody in November while players dropped like flies from injuries, while the b-ball team slapped around Michigan State and went to the sweet 16. Oh yeah, that was just last year.

Wonder if you said that back when the football team was 4-8 and getting tossed around by everybody in November while players dropped like flies from injuries, while the b-ball team slapped around Michigan State and went to the sweet 16. Oh yeah, that was just last year.
Actually yes. Dino insisted on bringing in his own S&C. He places such an emphasis on it that other than Dino he is the next most important coach.
Im 100% convinced that if the basketball players were trained by Dinos S&C staff it would make a significant difference.

I don't know who has more fun talking about his weight, this board or the announcers. I swear they mention he only weighs 180 about 10-20x/game

My hot take is un-diagnosed tapeworm

My real take is high metabolism. We all know some people who can't put on pounds no matter what they eat. He is one of those people

I don't know who has more fun talking about his weight, this board or the announcers. I swear they mention he only weighs 180 about 10-20x/game

My hot take is un-diagnosed tapeworm

My real take is high metabolism. We all know some people who can't put on pounds no matter what they eat. He is one of those people

Fatasses who can’t look at a chicken wing without gaining 10 pounds gotta impose their fatassedness on everyone else. “EaT a PizZA mArEK, uR tOo SkInNy!”

Great player and super smart. Reggie Williams made it. Not saying he’s Reggie but he’s young. Maybe hang out with Dungey in weight room

I assume people think I smoke crack because I've always been skinny. My metabolism scoffs at the idea.

Love the way he plays the game and does it with heart. He is also our best pg passing wise lol. Yeah he needs to at least get stronger if he can’t put on weight but he also needs more free reign with the basketball. He has a good offensive mind 15 and in. If he actually improves his shot deep then we could be in for a treat. He should be starting and playing 37 mins or so.

If we can put any weight on him at all over the summer, he’s going to be a problem for opponents at the 5
Same thing we heard last year. Didn’t happen.

He actually lost weight in the off season.

Health Smoothies or drinks like Ensure are the easiest way to gain weight but Marek.
As they are full of vitamins and weight gaining supplements.
It’s why they are given to older people to keep their weights up as much as possible.
Marek isn’t a 5 though he is a 3.

I think he is stronger this season. The number of times he has been strippped after gaining possession is down significantly.

Yeah, it’s almost like he’s been lifting weights and gaining strength or something.

Nah, can’t be!

I think he is stronger this season. The number of times he has been strippped after gaining possession is down significantly.

Agreed. If he becomes a guy who can make 30-40 3’s next year on a solid percentage, with his passing ability and improving ability to shot fake, drive, and finish...he brings a lot to the table next year on that high screen play.

You're suggesting the S&C staff selectively support scholarship athletes in a major D1 program and ignore others?

Have you taken a look at the football team lately? Or Tyus? Some kids just can't gain weight. I wish I had that problem.

Edit: I made similar points to other posters, but the point stands.
im sorry but there is always a way. im saying they didn't try hard enough or have the proper culture. The Football team backs my point up. If they were serious he would be eating Peanut butter and other protein until he pukes and repeating the process while lifting and cardio

im sorry but there is always a way. im saying they didn't try hard enough or have the proper culture. The Football team backs my point up. If they were serious he would be eating Peanut butter and other protein until he pukes and repeating the process while lifting and cardio
Basketball and football fitness are much different.

Guess what? Kids with Marek’s body type don’t play football in the first place.

A genetically gifted person will grow muscle mass no matter what workout plan he follows, what he eats and how much rest he takes. On the contrary, a genetically cursed person will not show much muscle growth or any considerable strength gain no matter how much workout he does, how cleanly he eats or takes rest.

Guess what? Kids with Marek’s body type don’t play football in the first place.

Exactly. I get frustrated some of our guys can't put on weight also but most of these guys have different body types than football players.

If we had a strength an conditioning coach.

Will Hicks was a master at making football players fatter and slower. Maybe he can counsel Marek

Actually yes. Dino insisted on bringing in his own S&C. He places such an emphasis on it that other than Dino he is the next most important coach.
Im 100% convinced that if the basketball players were trained by Dinos S&C staff it would make a significant difference.

Best move Dino made was telling Will Hicks to get the hell out

Its a genetic thing.

Some of us can't look like Marek no matter how hard they try and vice versa. I got a couple friends who are brothers and look alike but one has a Marek body type the other doesnt... because one parent looked like Marek and the other didn't. Lifestyle/eating habits isn't why each look the way they do.

I think its more of a case of every little bit helps along with the fact that Marek does so much cardio every week playing Basketball he could end up losing weight and getting skinnier if they don't stay on him to eat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom