Class of 2016 - Important dates Remaining Recruits ? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Important dates Remaining Recruits ?

Ottoble

Starter
Other thread ended up closed so I'll post here what are important upcoming dates:

jekelish said:
Safety - Burrell (or maybe Cycoby Burch, or possibly still Devon Clarke)
Tight End - Rose (not sure who his backup would be at this point)

After that, possibly still a WR, if we feel we can land Donald Stewart.

Potentially a DT. Peek is at the top of the list. Remains to be seen what will happen with Colon. After those two, though, I don't anticipate a lot of movement at that position.

After those positions, if we still have spots left over, you might just see a little bit of "best player available" mentality. DB and TE are pretty far and away the two positions the coaches seem most concerned with in these final few spots.

So with this list, possibly plus a few players that others have mentioned what are the critical dates/timeframes for official visits and expected commit dates or commitment timeframes on these guys. My guess is we are likely to use the LSU 9/26, Pitt 10/24, and Clemson 11/14 games as OV weekends each month as they will draw the most fans or be the only home game in a given month.

Other thread ended up closed so I'll post here what are important upcoming dates:

jekelish said:

Potentially a DT. Peek is at the top of the list. Remains to be seen what will happen with Colon. After those two, though, I don't anticipate a lot of movement at that position.

After those positions, if we still have spots left over, you might just see a little bit of "best player available" mentality. DB and TE are pretty far and away the two positions the coaches seem most concerned with in these final few spots.

So with this list, possibly plus a few players that others have mentioned what are the critical dates/timeframes for official visits and expected commit dates or commitment timeframes on these guys. My guess is we are likely to use the LSU 9/26, Pitt 10/24, and Clemson 11/14 games as OV weekends each month as they will draw the most fans or be the only home game in a given month.
I think the back up plan to Rose right now is Mark Michaud, or vice-versa.

jekelish said:

In the past the staff has not used FB games for OVs. They have usually waited until BB season.

In the past the staff has not used FB games for OVs. They have usually waited until BB season.
I would think that it's difficult to get recruits here on weekends during the fall, when their high school teams have games. Plus, the SU coaches and staff are so busy with our own game that they have little time to spend with the recruits. My general impression is that recruits often take unofficial visits during the season, but save their official visits for after their seasons end.

JoeSU said:
I would think that it's difficult to get recruits here on weekends during the fall, when their high school teams have games. Plus, the SU coaches and staff are so busy with our own game that they have little time to spend with the recruits. My general impression is that recruits often take unofficial visits during the season, but save their official visits for after their seasons end.

It often can be a challenge but HS teams do have bye weeks. As some posters noted the staff likes to save OV weekends for a big basketball game weekend to seal the deal, and so they can focus on recruits. Perhaps I should have used visit weekends instead of official visit weekends in my OP cause we definately get a decent number of recruit visitors on big football game weeknds and I'm sure the staff guides the schedule on that indirectly.

I know some guys are setting dates for committing and for visits just looking to create a list since we have limited slots available.

I think it is difficult to figure out when these kids will visit. Some that are farther away don't always have the financial means to visit early and have to wait for OVs. Also many that come in during the season for visits are those that have already committed or may be in a lower recruiting class.

Some of the kids on your list have already taken an unofficial visit(s)..Burrell, Rose, Stewart, Peek. For me it would be interesting if any or all of these kids make a return visit this Fall but I think we will have to wait and see what comes out regarding visits.

Also...

Quiet Period — Recruits can visit with college coaches but only at those college campuses. Also, during the month of September, October or November coaches are permitted to make one in-person off-campus visit to a recruit (at their high schools or at an athletic event) (colleges are allowed a total of 42 days of evaluation time during this period).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom