Improvement | Syracusefan.com

Improvement

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
Most fans reflexively hang their hat on the concept that the team will improve as if the teams that we play are not improving. In order for improvement to be a factor we have to improve more than others. Just about every team is playing with young players. Why imagine that ours will improve faster than theirs?

My saving thought is that this was an off night. I also like to think that we will get fancy sweater back for the ACC.

We need scoring more than anything else. At what point do we shake up the lineup?

Dare i consider that this might be the first losing season? Not there yet!

Most fans reflexively hang their hat on the concept that the team will improve as if the teams that we play are not improving. In order for improvement to be a factor we have to improve more than others. Just about every team is playing with young players. Why imagine that ours will improve faster than theirs?

My saving thought is that this was an off night. I also like to think that we will get fancy sweater back for the ACC.

We need scoring more than anything else. At what point do we shake up the lineup?

Dare i consider that this might be the first losing season? Not there yet!

Here's why--because right now, we have ZERO offensive cohesion. Everything is one-on-one. The improvement some are talking about isn't just about the players getting acclimated and stepping up, it's about playing improved team basketball, which is not what they're doing right now.

It is execution as much as it is inexperieince.

I think improvement will come when and if one Kaleb Joseph improves. I think the game is going a bit too fast for him right now and he is making way too many mistakes as a result. The good thing is the talent and the athleticism is there. I really believe he will be a different player and a difference maker by the time the calendar turns into 2015. If the doesn't however we are screwed.

Here's why--because right now, we have ZERO offensive cohesion. Everything is one-on-one. The improvement some are talking about isn't just about the players getting acclimated and stepping up, it's about playing improved team basketball, which is not what they're doing right now.

It is execution as much as it is inexperieince.
I agree that there was a critical lack of team play. However, other teams will also be improving their team play. we will improve our team play, but so will the other teams. the only rationale argument is that we will improve more than them. maybe we will, maybe we won't.

I think improvement will come when and if one Kaleb Joseph improves. I think the game is going a bit too fast for him right now and he is making way too many mistakes as a result. The good thing is the talent and the athleticism is there. I really believe he will be a different player and a difference maker by the time the calendar turns into 2015. If the doesn't however we are screwed.
Its too early to panic but if this non-scoring continues I would like a shakeup. Maybe Silent G at the point and BJ at the 3? if fancy sweater returns, put Rak at PF, and BJ at shooting guard. He has more ways to score than Trvor. the shame is that Trevor has the skills, but lacks the instinct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom