Incredibly stupid | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Incredibly stupid

Most players aren't so out of control
So that's a no? I was genuinely asking. People think it's so obvious so I assume there's plenty of evidence to correct the folks who are wrong. I watch a lot of basketball (including non Syr games) and I don't recall something similar in that moment. Inadvertent elbows and hits happen all the time.

Absolutely wild to see posters who have mocked & made fun of Joe for 3+ years (weight, lack of athletic ability, "chucker," DIII type, no handles) now screaming for him to get the ball at the end of games... haha it's something to behold

So that's a no? I was genuinely asking. People think it's so obvious so I assume there's plenty of evidence to correct the folks who are wrong. I watch a lot of basketball (including non Syr games) and I don't recall something similar in that moment. Inadvertent elbows and hits happen all the time.
Of course that's a no. You aren't going to see similar plays, these meltdowns are unique

Absolutely wild to see posters who have mocked & made fun of Joe for 3+ years (weight, lack of athletic ability, "chucker," DIII type, no handles) now screaming for him to get the ball at the end of games... haha it's something to behold
There is a reason why you're not quoting me here

The choices aren't Judah end to end attack vs Joe end to end

Shows ya where we’re at huh?

There is a reason why you're not quoting me here

The choices aren't Judah end to end attack vs Joe end to end
The only reason I haven't quoted you here is because you're ridiculous personal attacks on the players & the team, terminology like "stupid" & "spaz" don't warrant a response. Also, all you've done is spoken in the negative, what Syracuse "shouldn't" have done, I've seen nothing from you as to what Syracuse should be doing... safe & easy for ya, isn't it? Nothing to quote I guess.

The only reason I haven't quoted you here is because you're ridiculous personal attacks on the players & the team, terminology like "stupid" & "spaz" don't warrant a response. Also, all you've done is spoken in the negative, what Syracuse "shouldn't" have done, I've seen nothing from you as to what Syracuse should be doing... safe & easy for ya, isn't it? Nothing to quote I guess.
I’ll tell you what Syracuse should do, not start off being down 6-12 points every single game by starting the same lineup over and over and over. Makes these single digit or end of the game losses even more frustrating and stupid.

I’ll tell you what Syracuse should do, not start off being down 6-12 points every single game by starting the same lineup over and over and over. Makes these single digit or end of the game losses even more frustrating and stupid.
I don't disagree that strategically it would make sense to change the starting lineup based on how we're starting games, I also acknowledge that there's other implications & impact on team dynamics when Coach makes a decision like that I'm unaware of as a fan... either way, that's different then whatever Millhouse is talking about

I'm not that fussy about what they should've done. Something with a pass and a shot would have been fine with me. It was all very predictable

Interesting debate here about whether Mintz was 'out of control' or not.

Even if he was 'in control', where was he going, what was the plan? Get an And 1, off a close layup attempt? Draw a defender and dump?

He was going so fast, and the defender was in perfect position (offering up / forcing him to his left, and sagging to account for Mintz's superior quickness), but Mintz chose instead to what? Euro to the left? Exactly where the defender wanted? To dodge someone, its best if they are reaching or flat footed.

The play, if Mintz is gonna take a shot by gawd, on a sagging player is to drive, then pull up and shoot a jumper. You can drive past reaching players. You cannot drive past sagging players.

He was going so fast that Maliq didn't have time to move off ball to a good dump off position.

I love the And 1 in those scenarios, but a charge is the worst thing you can do.

Get into the players chest without charging and maybe seal him with a spin move, and lay with your left, but don't euro on a retreating player. Or, stop and fake up and duck under, and attempt to get a touch foul on an 8 foot jumper.

Incredibly painful loss. Definitely not all on Mintz or anyone. Its a team loss and the refs obviously hosed us, but so painful.

EDIT
I watched it again, and my description above is wrong. What I remember about his defenders position is the moment after Mintz was starting to carry the ball across the defenders face.

The defender was really on Mintz's left, which is why Mintz was driving right. Mintz had the defender's legs crossed at one point and could really have broken his ankles with a simple cross-over back to his left (but Bennie was maybe in the way). Great move if he has a reliable 18' jumper.

Instead, Mintz continues to drive hard to the rightish block, but his defender is able to place himself in Mintz's path and re-position himself on Mintz's right side. When this happens, Mintz starts the long euro step and big movement with the ball / his elbow to a more direct line to the hoop (from low-angle right, to straight).

With the long, loping strides Mintz was taking, its hard to take the short steps required to adjust.
appreciate the edit!!!

Wrong, ACC Refs have decided that Judah Mintz does not deserve Foul Calls, at least the last 4-5 games

Unlike the UNC guard who stepped in and the whistle blew for a shooting foul before anything even happened.
Glad you mentioned the "early" call. I mentioned this in the game day thread. I questioned whether I had seen the play correctly but I remember the call was on Hima and the player had not even to to him yet when there was a whistle?

Glad you mentioned the "early" call. I mentioned this in the game day thread. I questioned whether I had seen the play correctly but I remember the call was on Hima and the player had not even to to him yet when there was a whistle?

That's correct, it was the wrong official in the wrong spot at the wrong angle who blew the whistle before anything had even happened and it ended up not being a foul at all.

They were clearly given their marching orders at half-time because the free throw parade started then

Judah is talented. But I do not believe he is a winning basketball player at this stage of his career and is not a 40-minute per game point guard. Makes too many boneheaded plays, tries to go hero ball and do it himself way too often.

Problem is, the team has no choice. He's the best option out of many - though I do think Sy Torrence could be a more in-control version that's less talented at finishing. He's not a P5 starter or player, In my view, but based on our roster construct he should be playing more minutes consistently. But that's one man's view.

I think the other thing that I'd like to point out is he can't shoot. It is greatly impacting our offense. 7-18 is not good. 18% from 3.
Very strange he is so bad from 3. It’s not like from 17 he’s helpless. Go into a gym and what do you see? Bunch of kids shooting 3’s. Was he the only one jacking up 17 footers growing up ?

Did your health insurance cover physical therapy for that, I hope?
I thought my arm smelled bad when the cast was removed in 86, it was no preparation for this

Mintz needs Scoop Jardine to come back to campus and teach him the pull-up jumper.
It’s the way AAU teaches the game now. Go the basket and get the foul. Even if there are 3 defenders in your way. It’s bad basketball.

It’s the way AAU teaches the game now. Go the basket and get the foul. Even if there are 3 defenders in your way. It’s bad basketball.
I don't know anything about aau yet and I hope I never do. But I can't imagine these teams practice enough to do anything other than that? I'm not sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom