Indoor Practice Center live webcam | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Indoor Practice Center live webcam

Not a lot of room for lifts in there- hope there are camera installations somewhere. We also see the field name and all those lacrosse lines.
There are two items sticking out at the 25-yard lines that could be camera platforms. Hard to tell from that video.

It would've been nice to have had an observation deck/platform at midfield. Hopefully provisions have been made to add one at a later date. I wonder if this is something that could be done via SyracuseFan.com??

Not a lot of room for lifts in there- hope there are camera installations somewhere. We also see the field name and all those lacrosse lines.

I thought i saw platforms, but they look like guards for a vent or speaker. Looks like scissorlifts it is.

There are two items sticking out at the 25-yard lines that could be camera platforms. Hard to tell from that video.

It would've been nice to have had an observation deck/platform at midfield. Hopefully provisions have been made to add one at a later date. I wonder if this is something that could be done via SyracuseFan.com??

add it later? Ummm no. You have all the crews, trades available to you right now, it will cost multiple times more money to do it later. In the grand sceme of things of 17M, whats another 100k to just get it done the first time.

add it later? Ummm no. You have all the crews, trades available to you right now, it will cost multiple times more money to do it later. In the grand sceme of things of 17M, whats another 100k to just get it done the first time.
Well, since it appears they didn't include it this phase, I think adding it later is not a bad idea.

You have all the crews, trades available to you right now, it will cost multiple times more money to do it later.
Huh?

In case you hadn't noticed, the current construction is done. All of the construction crews are long gone.

The hope is that provisions have been made so that the bells-and-whistles features can be added at a later date.

Huh?

In case you hadn't noticed, the current construction is done. All of the construction crews are long gone.

The hope is that provisions have been made so that the bells-and-whistles features can be added at a later date.

i didnt literally mean they would be there today. I meant, they were there during construction and should have done the platforms then. Not after the space is finished.

There might only be one... adequate for FG drills, but awkward if one were to attempt a full scrimmage.
I saw goal posts at both ends in the video. The first set was when they panned back from the glass entry doors. The other set can be seen at the other end near the end of the video.

(Fan posting) Here's a thought and maybe this is silly -- but as far as punting goes (because you can certainly kick FG's in the building) wouldn't it be better to kick on the outdoor fields? And for field goal kickers the same thing? I'd rather have my kickers very comfortable with wind and weather because if you can kick outdoors in CNY, you can kick absolutely anywhere

(Fan posting) Here's a thought and maybe this is silly -- but as far as punting goes (because you can certainly kick FG's in the building) wouldn't it be better to kick on the outdoor fields? And for field goal kickers the same thing? I'd rather have my kickers very comfortable with wind and weather because if you can kick outdoors in CNY, you can kick absolutely anywhere
I am fine with that and I am sure there are certain things even a punter can do to train inside the facility. People wail about needing a new IPF for years and then when we get one that is very similar to many others in design and size, they wail again "But the ceiling is too low for punting!" It's unreal. And can't the punter walk over to Manley to do some practicing too?

I am fine with that and I am sure there are certain things even a punter can do to train inside the facility. People wail about needing a new IPF for years and then when we get one that is very similar to many others in design and size, they wail again "But the ceiling is too low for punting!" It's unreal. And can't the punter walk over to Manley to do some practicing too?

Perhaps we're planning to phase out punting all togehter?

The renamed Manley Indoor Punting Facility
rp_primary_ManleyRenovated_Oct2010_Overall_MAN-188.jpg

In some photos, there is a ladder behind Shafer and something sticking out from the wall- is that some kind of vent, or the makings of a video platform? I'm just be shocked if they didn't install anything that would allow filming without adding a lift to the field area.

This is an awesome, awesome idea.

Sreiously, we may not be able to outspend the factory schools but we certainly have an amazing untapped resource that players and recruits would love that would make our set up decidedly unique. Wonder who we'd have to get that idea to to actually bring it to life?

Sreiously, we may not be able to outspend the factory schools but we certainly have an amazing untapped resource that players and recruits would love that would make our set up decidedly unique. Wonder who we'd have to get that idea to to actually bring it to life?

I'd see if Borkowski had interest first and if so, then reach out to SU. Imagine if he did some banners of the SU guys currently in the NFL- might have the extra benefit of hitting them up for a bit of $$

So those are air vents. There are/will be no permanent camera platforms planned as of now. Also, I don't believe there is any artwork planned for the field interior. I believe the punch list was done yesterday, so they are not technically done, but don't expect dramatic changes in the short term. This $10.5 million facility is as utilitarian as it can and should be. For the record, the roof in Manley is 20 feet higher and they still hit that roof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom