Indoor Practice Center live webcam | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Indoor Practice Center live webcam

Press.jpg

He even practices hitting the podium in here.

View attachment 32162
I love the way everything lines up. The uprights line up with the ceiling truss perfectly, like it was planned (it was).
I suspect that the Orange field outline will make its way to the new Dome turf as well. It looks good at some other venues around the country, so it only makes sense to have it for the Orangemen as well.

The lower urinal is required for accessibility, in compliance with ADAAG and ANSI 117.1. There is a percentage requirement for equal accommodation. There are also accessible toilet stalls. Those are typically larger, (about 5' x 5') with slightly higher toilets with grab bars on two sides (behind and on the closer wall). All is to accommodate someone in a wheelchair. I think in this facility there are separate public toilets (as these are in the locker area) that are individual ADA compliant toilet rooms. Fascinating stuff (not really).

The lower urinal is required for accessibility, in compliance with ADAAG and ANSI 117.1. There is a percentage requirement for equal accommodation. There are also accessible toilet stalls. Those are typically larger, (about 5' x 5') with slightly higher toilets with grab bars on two sides (behind and on the closer wall). All is to accommodate someone in a wheelchair. I think in this facility there are separate public toilets (as these are in the locker area) that are individual ADA compliant toilet rooms. Fascinating stuff (not really).

Good to know that the facility is all set up for wheelchair accessibility. Now all I need is Shafer to offer me a scholarship and we're good to go!

That's actually interesting. Never knew that accessibility applied to urinals also.

View attachment 32162
I love the way everything lines up. The uprights line up with the ceiling truss perfectly, like it was planned (it was).
still dont undertstand skimping on the all padding.. its like all the gyms in the country have 3-4 inch padding that does nothing if you actually hit it out of control.

I am fine with that and I am sure there are certain things even a punter can do to train inside the facility. People wail about needing a new IPF for years and then when we get one that is very similar to many others in design and size, they wail again "But the ceiling is too low for punting!" It's unreal. And can't the punter walk over to Manley to do some practicing too?
there must be a reason every IPF in the country has a height that seems too low to do every kind of punt. the reality is most punts wont hit the roof and punters know when they have hit one the way they want just like golfers.. they dont have to see it land to know if they are hitting it well.

I suspect that the Orange field outline will make its way to the new Dome turf as well. It looks good at some other venues around the country, so it only makes sense to have it for the Orangemen as well.
Yeah, like our uniforms...oh, wait.

And here I thought it was for when Tyrion Lannister comes by to give us some pointers.

still dont undertstand skimping on the all padding.. its like all the gyms in the country have 3-4 inch padding that does nothing if you actually hit it out of control.

Why do you say they are skimping on padding?

It also seems like the walls are far enough from the side/end lines that a player will slow down or stop before he hits the padded wall.

Last edited:
Love it. Though, wish they would have used something other than boring 4x4 white ceramic tile for the bathroom area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom