Indoor Practice Center live webcam | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Indoor Practice Center live webcam

ImperialOrange said:
Perhaps we're planning to phase out punting all togehter?

You just got ottointhegrotto and millhouse very, very excited with that thought.

Why do you say they are skimping on padding?

It also seems like the walls are far enough from the side/end lines that a player will slow down or stop before he hits the padded wall.
they went with 6" padding it looks like. if you look they didnt pad down low in spots. if you are out of control 15 ft is hardly enough to stop and if you are sliding the padding off the ground wont help

could they have gotten more creative with pull out type stands to make it usable for games? I have seen places with stands that seem to float and pull out of the wall off the ground. just a couple rows would have allowed a few hundred seats and made it feasible to hold HS events and other stuff in there without changing the footprint of the bldg.

they went with 6" padding it looks like. if you look they didnt pad down low in spots. if you are out of control 15 ft is hardly enough to stop and if you are sliding the padding off the ground wont help
Looks to me that panels start about 4" above the floor and are plenty tall.

There might only be one... adequate for FG drills, but awkward if one were to attempt a full scrimmage.
There's 2 at the very end you can see the one on the other side. They must have shot the footage on separate days.

I keep checking to see when they put the big orange block S on the outside of the building. It will change the entire look of the building.

B6B8p28IEAAvQsI.jpg:large

I keep checking to see when they put the big orange block S on the outside of the building. It will change the entire look of the building.
Agreed I got to check out the (exterior) facillity yesterday and it looks like a big boring white building. So we need to get some something on it that shows off the fact it's for Syracuse football. A giant Orange S like what's in front of the football offices at Manley would be a nice touch (but probably not enough cosmetic awesomeness)

Agreed I got to check out the (exterior) facillity yesterday and it looks like a big boring white building. So we need to get some something on it that shows off the fact it's for Syracuse football. A giant Orange S like what's in front of the football offices at Manley would be a nice touch (but probably not enough cosmetic awesomeness)

I think you are forgetting this...

OrangeyesR.I.P Dan
" OUTSIDE of the facility there will be Plaza 44 which are 3 bronze statues of Jim Brown, Ernie Davis & Floyd Little"

Back when Daryl first got here I suggested a tribute to "The Legends of 44" by having statues for Ernie Jim & Floyd near the football complex. Glad to see it getting done.

Jason are there attachments for the Ernie Davis & Jim Brown statues? A have they started sculpting them yet? Do you know who is doing them? When are they going up?

Thanks
Orangeyes

I think you are forgetting this...

OrangeyesR.I.P Dan
" OUTSIDE of the facility there will be Plaza 44 which are 3 bronze statues of Jim Brown, Ernie Davis & Floyd Little"

Back when Daryl first got here I suggested a tribute to "The Legends of 44" by having statues for Ernie Jim & Floyd near the football complex. Glad to see it getting done.

Jason are there attachments for the Ernie Davis & Jim Brown statues? A have they started sculpting them yet? Do you know who is doing them? When are they going up?

Thanks
Orangeyes

I didn't forget about it, I just thought it was never confirmed.

Where in the world are they going to put it? It didn't appear there was any additional room outside the facillity before they hit the parking lot.

Either way that's exciting.

I didn't forget about it, I just thought it was never confirmed.

Where in the world are they going to put it? It didn't appear there was any additional room outside the facillity before they hit the parking lot.

Either way that's exciting.

I was wondering the same thing. Unless they are removing some parking spaces. I know people have talked about signage code enforcement issues as well...but they damn well better be putting that giant orange S on the front of the IPF.

I was wondering the same thing. Unless they are removing some parking spaces. I know people have talked about signage code enforcement issues as well...but they damn well better be putting that giant orange S on the front of the IPF.

I think it would probably be better not on the front op but on the long side facing the Manley offices.

I think it would probably be better not on the front op but on the long side facing the Manley offices.

People need to be able to see it from the street though...AND GOOGLE EARTH. haha

People need to be able to see it from the street though...AND GOOGLE EARTH. haha

Well surer but the players and staff walking over from Manley, all the buses driving that way to the parking lots to and from games...

Perhaps giant S on the front and a huge SU mural/banner hanging from the sign like the 2003 NCAA championship banner in the dome (except obvious a football style banner) hanging down the sides. Kinda like this one of Andrew Luck at Lucas Oil Stadium

AndrewLuckLOSBannerMIKECHAPPELLTWITTER.jpg

While on the subject of banners, it's time to replace that 2003 hoops banner with something that looks better than a Section III banner hanging at Nottingham.

I like the large poster idea, but they need to be of SU alums currently in the NFL

Desko: That new facility is tremendous. Same floor print as the Dome. We're really happy to be out there. Two-a-days start Wednesday.

Desko: Having 80 yards isn't the same as having 110. Having the full field will help us get off to a better start.

Desko: There's already a schedule in place with the football team using the new facilities.

Nate Mink ‏@MinkNate 13m13 minutes ago
Ensley gave a "multi-million" dollar gift for the facility

Nate Mink ‏@MinkNate 9m9 minutes ago
Believe the Chancellor said there will be a Coach Ben statue on the site of the facility

passthru_imagecredit_IPF_photo.jpg

Football | 1/7/2015 1:37:00 PM |
Syracuse Names Indoor Facility the Ensley Athletic Center
Latest athletic facility named for three-sport star Cliff Ensley following multi-million dollar gift
Syracuse University will name the new indoor practice facility the "Ensley Athletic Center," on behalf of Cliff Ensley, a walk-on who earned a football scholarship and became a three-sport standout at Syracuse in the late 1960's. Ensley's multi-million dollar gift, combined with previously announced major gifts from Dick and Jean Thompson and others to be announced later this year, made the construction of the 87,000 square-foot practice facility possible. The facility also includes a 7,600 square-foot entry pavilion which houses meeting space and restrooms.

Ensley earned the 1969 Syracuse Athlete of the Year award, an honor that had previously been given to Jim Brown, Larry Csonka, Floyd Little, Ernie Davis and Dave Bing. Ensley is the last three-sport letter-winner for the Orange, earning honors in football, lacrosse and wrestling. A defensive back, Ensley set interception and special teams records for the football team and was a team co-captain and Most Valuable Player as a defenseman for the 1969 lacrosse squad.

"To have an individual who walked-on at Syracuse, and through hard work and determination became one of our great student-athletes – and competed in three different sports, give the lead gift on this building is wonderfully fitting," said Director of Athletics Dr. Daryl Gross. "The Ensley Athletic Center is where thousands of student-athletes will work tirelessly to become the very best they can be and reach their fullest potential. Cliff is a living example of that – excelling in sports, business and life."

Ensley, who resides in New Jersey, is the founder and CEO of Leisure Merchandising Corporation. His wife, Sue, serves as the Executive Vice President. He is the chairman of the Board of Directors of the Travel Goods Association, the national organization representing manufacturers, distributors, retailers, promoters, sales representatives and suppliers of luggage and travel products.

The Ensley Athletic Center official grand opening will occur later this year, however several Syracuse teams are currently using the building in preparation for the 2015 seasons, and football players will begin individual workouts when University classes start next week and for Spring practice that will begin in February.

The Ensley Athletic Center took seven months to construct, and is the latest major investment in the Syracuse Football program's facilities. Previously, the football program unveiled renovated locker rooms, theater, training facilities and cafeteria. In addition, the Hall of Fame and student-athlete lounge were also renovated. In the coming months, the football program will renovate offices and meeting spaces for student-athletes.

New
Stephen Bailey
‏@Stephen_Bailey1 12m12 minutes ago
Football players will begin individual workouts in the Ensley Athletic Center next week. Spring practice will start in February.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 9m9 minutes ago
Trustee Dick Thompson on decision to build IPF: "It was a bit if a dice roll. The cost was, what, $14 million? And we had zero at the time."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom