Interesting comment by Oshae | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Interesting comment by Oshae

Yeah. It has to be on TV. That's the only way scouts will see it.
Sure thing, every NBA team will have a scout there Tuesday...probably to scout Pitt. Chill.

I really like Brissett, but at this point he does not have a single NBA skill. He doesn't shoot the three exceptionally well. His 2 point percentage, which is mostly shots at the rim, is absolutely abysmal for a guy his size. As a part of that, his finishing at the rim is awful. His handle is suspect at best. He cannot beat his man off the dribble nor create his own shot. His size and his vertical appear solid, but he's a 3 in the NBA and you need to either be able to hit the three consistently or be a creator and finisher at the rim, and at this point he does neither. All that being said, NBA teams only seem to care about measurables at this point, and all it takes is one team to become enamored.

I really like Brissett, but at this point he does not have a single NBA skill. He doesn't shoot the three exceptionally well. His 2 point percentage, which is mostly shots at the rim, is absolutely abysmal for a guy his size. As a part of that, his finishing at the rim is awful. His handle is suspect at best. He cannot beat his man off the dribble nor create his own shot. His size and his vertical appear solid, but he's a 3 in the NBA and you need to either be able to hit the three consistently or be a creator and finisher at the rim, and at this point he does neither. All that being said, NBA teams only seem to care about measurables at this point, and all it takes is one team to become enamored.

Brissett is better now than Grant when Jeremy left. Brissett is getting way more attention paid to him as well than Grant did. He’s got to work on finishing layups/drives but he has all the tools, IMO. He’s got a great first step.

he has some interesting skills.. but while he seems to jump well, he really struggles to elevate with a running start so he cant finish down low. His jump shot is either dead on or off by 1 ft. he shoots Fts well so I think his 3 ball will get more consistent.. he has an OK handle, but really he gets by guys with more power moves, yet has no post up game yet.

Grant was the best athlete on the floor, OB is not, yet.

Grant is in the league because he can defend, in the "new" NBA, positions 1-5.

His offense is still pretty dreadful aside from being able to dunk and jump out of the gym. However, he can switch on anyone and defend at a high level while blocking shots/rebounding as a help defender.

Brissett is better now than Grant when Jeremy left. Brissett is getting way more attention paid to him as well than Grant did. He’s got to work on finishing layups/drives but he has all the tools, IMO. He’s got a great first step.

Grant seemed a little taller and certainly more athletic though. Also “better”...not sure. Better outside shooter. 49% vs. 35% from the floor is a pretty major difference though.

If he can't beat his man of the dribble, how does he get to the rim to miss so many layups?

Definitely had some really big plays. But still had a number of head-scratching wt_f shot attempts
It doesn't bother me that when he drives to the hoop that sometimes he gets his shot blocked or misses. I would much rather see that then have the team throw the ball around the perimeter for 25 seconds and then hoist up a three. At least when he drives in, it creates an opportunity for him to make the shot or get fouled. Plus in the natural evolution of things, hopefully he becomes a little stronger next season and some more of those misses become makes.

Grant seemed a little taller and certainly more athletic though. Also “better”...not sure. Better outside shooter. 49% vs. 35% from the floor is a pretty major difference though.

I would have to look at the type of FGs and the attempts but I’d safely wager that Brissett is already more versatile while Jeremy was mostly just dunking and doing garbage stuff. Yeah, probably a little taller like you said. More athletic probably as well but Brissett is a bit more fluid I think and not as bionic/robotic as Grant.

If he can't beat his man of the dribble, how does he get to the rim to miss so many layups?

He doesn't exactly blow by guys too often. He bullies his way in and is lucky he doesn't get called for offensive fouls more often, as he uses his off arm to push off a lot.

Brissett has a more diverse skill set, yes, but Grant is an elite athlete, even at the NBA level. He's long, rangy and ultra athletic. As longislandcuse pointed out, his value is on the defensive end while providing just enough junk offense to have to pay attention to on that side as well. Brissett shooting 36% from two, when almost all of those shots are taken in the paint/at the rim, is abysmal.

After reading that, why would we want him back?

Mali talked about how good we would be the next year as well. I think OB will be back. But who knows?

Didn't Jonny Flynn go on the michael kay show and say he was coming back?

OB has one pretty elite skill; guy can draw a ton of fouls.

I've probably hammered him for the 2 point % as much as anyone, but he draws a ton of fouls, he's 81% from the line, and he's 34% from 3, which isn't great, but doesn't scream "this guy can't shoot". He's played a ton of minutes and has almost certainly been asked to do more than he's capable of right now. Assuming he comes back next year, I don't think he is that far away from being very productive.

Since his recruitment, Oshae has intended to be a one-and-done, and that remains true today.

Oshae has lottery pick potential...next year.

He has an NBA body and an insanely quick first step and second jump.

He will improve his 3 point shooting percentage and with Bazley playing forward alongside him, won't have 900 people in the lane and will finish, and probably highlight reel dunk, on a few people.

He shouldn't leave this year unless we make the tourney and he blows up to be a 1st Round pick. Next year, I have all the confidence in the world that he will be a monster and a possible lottery pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom