Interesting comment by Oshae | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Interesting comment by Oshae

I could care less what Flynn or Ennis or Melo or Mali said. Its irrelevant. Slightly less relevant than this statement from OB. I'm going out on a limb (I don't think I'm alone but maybe) and say that OB will be back along with Battle. I have been WRONG about Ennis, Mali, Grant and Lydon as a disclaimer but...in the last couple mocks I have seen Battle is #58 in one and not in the other. NBAdraft.net which so many hate does not even list Battle among its top 100 big board. This list includes all players including incoming freshman so it is very different than their mock draft. OB is 44 but not listed in their first 2 rounds as they don't expect him to come out. I know many of you think every SU player with more than half a pulse will leave and go to the NBA or the G- league because they can make money which is of course better than going to college. OB has the athleticism and skills to make the NBA. He really needs to do a little fine tuning and he'll be ready. The more I watch Battle the less convinced I am that he will play in the NBA. He uses way too much leg in his jump shot which effects his consistency. He has not shown that he is a good passer (next year he will have more/better players to actually pass to). He's OK but not "good" driving. Way too often his drives end up a falling backwards toss at the backboard from 3 feet away. He's a decent rebounder but not sure the NBA drafts guards based on their rebounding prowess. That said I think if they both come out Battle may go toward the end of the 2nd round or not at all and OB would go undrafted. To repeat my prediction...they both wear orange again next year, start along with Frank, Sidibe and Baz. :cool:

So, your track record shows you're wrong about 100% of the time, yet we should trust in your opinions this time, because - reasons? :rolleyes:

PS - NBADraft.net is total garbage.

So, your track record shows you're wrong about 100% of the time, yet we should trust in your opinions this time, because - reasons? :rolleyes:

PS - NBADraft.net is total garbage.
Agree on Draft net. But Tyus isn't any higher than mid-late 2d round in any of the mocks I've seen. Just in the ACC, there's Trent from Duke, Lonnie Walker, Allen, etc...
NBA Draft Room: SG
2018 NBA Mock Draft - NBA - DraftSite.com

I have seen Battle all over the place on multiple mock drafts but have yet to see OB on a single one. Foolish to think he would leave and give up a chance to play with a team that will better showcase his skills next year to risk being an undrafted free agent. But hey, who are we to judge the kid? He knows whats best for himself and his family. I wish him the best wherever he ends up next year (hopefully wearing #11 and slamming it on these ACC scrubs next year) :cool:

I could care less what Flynn or Ennis or Melo or Mali said. Its irrelevant. Slightly less relevant than this statement from OB. I'm going out on a limb (I don't think I'm alone but maybe) and say that OB will be back along with Battle. I have been WRONG about Ennis, Mali, Grant and Lydon as a disclaimer but...in the last couple mocks I have seen Battle is #58 in one and not in the other. NBAdraft.net which so many hate does not even list Battle among its top 100 big board. This list includes all players including incoming freshman so it is very different than their mock draft. OB is 44 but not listed in their first 2 rounds as they don't expect him to come out. I know many of you think every SU player with more than half a pulse will leave and go to the NBA or the G- league because they can make money which is of course better than going to college. OB has the athleticism and skills to make the NBA. He really needs to do a little fine tuning and he'll be ready. The more I watch Battle the less convinced I am that he will play in the NBA. He uses way too much leg in his jump shot which effects his consistency. He has not shown that he is a good passer (next year he will have more/better players to actually pass to). He's OK but not "good" driving. Way too often his drives end up a falling backwards toss at the backboard from 3 feet away. He's a decent rebounder but not sure the NBA drafts guards based on their rebounding prowess. That said I think if they both come out Battle may go toward the end of the 2nd round or not at all and OB would go undrafted. To repeat my prediction...they both wear orange again next year, start along with Frank, Sidibe and Baz. :cool:
"I may have been wrong on literally every other player BUT Battle and OB will be back"...

Confidence inspiring stuff right here ;)

So what we are really saying is that recruiting better get real good because in 2020 down the stretch we will 2 centers and washington and 1 other guard on the roster with hughes..
Hughes will have left early

Haven't heard anyone with any gusto comment on this situation.

Either they don't know or the outlook is not good.

Hoping the former, and he ends up coming back. He's a huge key to next season in my eyes.

I caught the tale end, but it appears that Axe said his sources indicate that as of now, both are coming back. It's clear Tyus values school.
Wow. Anyone else hear the whole take? Is this published anywhere? Makes sense but sense rarely factors into these things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom