Interesting Reaction Here | Syracusefan.com

Interesting Reaction Here

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
Guys we all knew this would be a nearly impossible game to win. It played out exactly like we thought it would. Except for the fact that we shot seriously terribly. I am actually super impressed that we were in a position to possibly win this game in the last two minutes or so. It really does say a lot about this team that was a tough environment and a tough team they're playing. This game restored a little bit of my confidence that we can do well in the NCAA tournament.

Completely agree...at ten seconds left this team still had a shot to win against two teams...dook and the refs...

Oh also I am hugely happy to see Baye play like this. I really thought he was going to be done for the year as an effective player for us. So this was a huge development and the loss doesn't set us back at all in any meaningful way.

Oh also I am hugely happy to see Baye play like this. I really thought he was going to be done for the year as an effective player for us. So this was a huge development and the loss doesn't set us back at all in any meaningful way.
This is huge. Baye looks like he will be a functional 7th man down the stretch. Much more important than winning this one game.

This is huge. Baye looks like he will be a functional 7th man down the stretch. Much more important than winning this one game.

Except that he should have easily scored on at least three occasions...

I agree. Lots of positives. The season is defined by March, not a game at Duke. Team not shooting well still being a bad call from tying or taking the lead w 15 sec left is great. We still have to find our shooting, but Silent G hitting 3s is a nice addition. Have to find a way to get Cooney the ball in position to shoot.

Duke. Next time will be neutral court. Bring it!

I think Baye needs time to get used to the brace. You could see he wasn't going up quite the same. The one foul on him was simply because he couldn't move as fast as he normally would. Of course there was another one on him just because he was there. :rolleyes:

the revelation for me was Silent G. He looked like a different player. Very aggressive. even his misses looked like they were going in. Played like he wanted to show Coach K something.

I agree. Lots of positives. The season is defined by March, not a game at Duke. Team not shooting well still being a bad call from tying or taking the lead w 15 sec left is great. We still have to find our shooting, but Silent G hitting 3s is a nice addition. Have to find a way to get Cooney the ball in position to shoot.

Duke. Next time will be neutral court. Bring it!
Yeah! A neutral court.....Greensboro, NC.

Except that he should have easily scored on at least three occasions...

Yeah but those weren't plays he would have made before. I am saying it looks like we have a Baye who still can play like Baye. If he came out and scored 10 points I'd wonder what kind of meds they were putting in him!

Cooney was nearly a non-factor. We need to do something to get him shots.
Next time we play Duke we should give Silent G and Cooney Tasers. A few zaps to those refs and the dookies and it will give him plenty of wide open looks.

I am pretty relieved despite the absurd ending...we (yes we lol) deffo brought it tonight

Next time we play Duke we should give Silent G and Cooney Tasers. A few zaps to those refs and the dookies and it will give him plenty of wide open looks.

It's good to see you finger is still working.

Agreed. I guess if you're a Duke fan you're saying we didn't shoot FTs or 3's as well as usual but whatever, I think that cancels out the stuff you mentioned...
I feel much better about this team than I did this morning. Especially with BMK apparently all the way back or almost. Fingers crossed on Grant's back not lingering.

I agree. We have had 3/4 shaky games before this. We look like we might be getting our drive back. Duke is always tough when they are playing in their bandbox and have the refs looking out for them. Syracuse played them tough till the T's. Bogus call all the way. My biggest concern at this point is whether Grant is OK or not? Possibly it was only spasms but lets wait and see what is said before the game on Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom