Iowa? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Iowa?

Can't be here, everything is under water. But then again Carver Hawkeye is on a slight hill, so it is probably ok.

Probably? A flood would have to be biblical to get that high :) The Dairy Queen would likely get taken out again though. :( Tornado. Flood. The Dairy Queen always takes the hit. It sacrifices so much for the rest of us.

Idiots
Out
Wandering
Aimlessly

I have some pretty annoying associates out here that are die hards. This will be fun. I will be ramping this up every chance I get

Where you at in Iowa? I am in Burlington.

Probably? A flood would have to be biblical to get that high :) The Dairy Queen would likely get taken out again though. :( Tornado. Flood. The Dairy Queen always takes the hit. It sacrifices so much for the rest of us.

Ha well the DQ is probably safe. I think someone broke our flood wall to save it.

As someone that lived there for years, I say - ****** yeah! Beating the Hawkeyes would bring great joy to me! Plus, they usually play a fun style of basketball to watch with very little defense thrown in. I like it!

I'd go to IC for that.

My triplets were born in Iowa City, so my son has always been a Hawkeye fan. We have been waiting for this matchup for many years! If only it was here, we would be there!

Why the bleep are you trolling this hard? Iowa is not Rutgers or Penn State at basketball. They are a fine opponent and will bring an exciting brand of basketball for our fans to see.
When we finish in the regular season in the top four we will start getting the Michigan programs, Purdue Types in this challenge. To claim our program is being told we’re only gonna get midtier opponents is just utterly trolling.

I would rather beat a mid tier big 10 team with the young team we have them play the top team and lose the game.
The win we had against Maryland two years ago in the challenge was big for our resume when were literally the last team in.

We’ve played IU Wisconsin and UNd at home. We play Iowa once and suddenly we’re rotating between them Nebraska and Minny.

Like what the actual f@&$

Yesterday at a work function, they told us that Panera Bread would be providing a catered lunch for us. And there was a general reaction of "eh, that's not great, but not horrible, it will do I suppose and it could be worse."

That's how I feel about this Iowa matchup.

Yesterday at a work function, they told us that Panera Bread would be providing a catered lunch for us. And there was a general reaction of "eh, that's not great, but not horrible, it will do I suppose and it could be worse."

Iowa basketball is the equivalent of playing Notre Dame in basketball.
They aren’t the top of the league but it’s not a tomato can.

Pretty accurate. Love the modern caprese though.

Virginia got screwed.
Road game 2 years in a row for the defending champions.
Louisville gets the home game Virginia should have gotten.

Virginia got screwed.

Yeah that's pretty stupid. Louisville had the same season we did last year and gets the benefit of doubt.

Please note that I didn't B & moan about getting Panera. It was a perfectly acceptable lunch. It just didn't get me hot and bothered like Chick Fila or Michigan State would have.
G-TFO you eat Chick Fila? and are smart enough to keep politics out of delicious chicken?

Last edited:
Virginia got screwed.
Yeah that's pretty stupid. Louisville had the same season we did last year and gets the benefit of doubt.

There is a rotation and teams have to be at home or on the road in consecutive years otherwise you would only be able to rotate through the same 7 teams as opponents.

There is a rotation and teams have to be at home or on the road in consecutive years otherwise you would only be able to rotate through the same 7 teams as opponents.
I get that I am just surprised that Louisville was the team given the benefit of the doubt and the defending champions had to take one for the team.
I figured Purdue and Virginia would play but I just thought it would be UVA at home.

Please note that I didn't B & moan about getting Panera. It was a perfectly acceptable lunch. It just didn't get me hot and bothered like Chick Fila or Michigan State would have.

Oh the Being and Moaning was in reference to Frankiefan. I am 100% in agreement with you in regards to Panera. My office gets it for literally every major offsite/project meeting we have.

Chick Fila should be a requirement at these meetings.

Virginia got screwed.

4 of the last 6 challenges, we've been on the road. I'm cool with it though. Can't wait for them to play the Diakite shot over and over in the promos for that game :)

Other than no lunch at all, what's worse than Panera? Was Checkers an option?

The Big Ten is 75% Panera. Michigan is the high-end catering joint, Michigan State is the decent stuff that you bring to lunch every day and are mostly tired of, and Rutgers is a turd sandwich. And everyone else is pretty much Panera.

Other than no lunch at all, what's worse than Panera? Was Checkers an option?

The Big Ten is 75% Panera. Michigan is the high-end catering joint, Michigan State is the decent stuff that you bring to lunch every day and are mostly tired of, and Rutgers is a turd sandwich. And everyone else is pretty much Panera.

Shoudn't Rutgers be Jersey Mikes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom