Is anybody mad? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Is anybody mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you mad about ?
two3zone said: "If we were dominated by a school (it’s by two schools now) over and over and over this fanbase would be livid, it’s like we’ve gotten used to this and there is no passion or am I seeing this differently?

Maybe life changes but I don’t think I’ve been really upset by a game in years, are we conditioned to this now?"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think he said he isn't mad

Yea I know the score doesn't indicate it, but honestly I didn't think they laid an egg by any stretch. Thought they showed some heart when Duke was making everything, the team showed some fight. Hanging in there. I don't know. Maybe I am getting soft in my old age, but I didn't think it was a complete debacle.
Yeah, I agree. While watching the game, there were at least 2 or 3 times that Duke made a run and yet we answered to keep things close, and I thought to myself, in recent years we would not have responded.

I think eventually they just have too much talent versus how are talent is playing - we're really handicapping ourselves it seems. We have a center (nuff said), Brown who has to play out of position often, two sharp shooters who can't really score much and have been quite dull, Benny who is getting better so whatever, JJ who is far from what we thought we were getting, Mintz who is great but plays selfish, Cope who I love but makes poor decisions at times, and Cuffe - who knows but I'd like to see get more run. That all said, I still enjoy watching this team.

Not mad. I don’t even take the time to watch the games anymore, unless I have absolutely nothing else to do. I’ve deleted every game that I’ve recorded without watching a minute. Doubt I’ll ever be ravenous for the team like I once was. Getting old, busy, and not letting my happiness be defined by a bunch of kids not related to me.
But you like to join in on discussion about the team? Each to their own I guess but seems kinda strange to not care to watch a team play but want to engage in conversation about that same team.

The entire team are sophomores. They will mature. Red needs to be the bad dad to them and get into their butts. The BC game will be a huge test of where this team is and where it is going.
Benny is a junior and still as effective as he was as a freshman. If this collection of guys improve the same amount they did this past off season we won’t be good next year either.

Taylor and Bell need to move along unless something drastically improves with them and Starling isn’t much better. Not even going to mention McLeod. We need better players plain and simple.

I think that's a simplistic response.

Chris Beard with his baggage was never coming here. Nobody was talking about the other guys you mentioned besides Pitino and 1 of his losses is to a team that is absolutely horrible in Michigan. Outside of UConn they have played a much weaker schedule.

Many of the guys on that list have been head coaches before.
For a 1st-timer, I think Autry is off to a pretty good start.

The entire team are sophomores. They will mature. Red needs to be the bad dad to them and get into their butts. The BC game will be a huge test of where this team is and where it is going.
I wouldn't mind if Bell, and Taylor went somewhere else. Neither has the talent to play at this level. That would open a couple of spots, and at least one of the 4 centers needs to go.

Benny is a junior and still as effective as he was as a freshman. If this collection of guys improve the same amount they did this past off season we won’t be good next year either.

Taylor and Bell need to move along unless something drastically improves with them and Starling isn’t much better. Not even going to mention McLeod. We need better players plain and simple.
I wouldn't mind if Bell, and Taylor went somewhere else. Neither has the talent to play at this level. That would open a couple of spots, and at least one of the 4 centers needs to go.
you are telling me you haven't seen players for the Orange that looked over rated only to have them emerge as juniors and seniors as great pieces for the team? Edwards for one comes to mind and Guerrier looks like a different player now that he's matured. I think the team will get better this season, have to get a good effort against a tough BC squad. The story of this season is still to be written.

you are telling me you haven't seen players for the Orange that looked over rated only to have them emerge as juniors and seniors as great pieces for the team? Edwards for one comes to mind and Guerrier looks like a different player now that he's matured. I think the team will get better this season, have to get a good effort against a tough BC squad. The story of this season is still to be written.
What two year starter is worse than Bell? What sophomore played as many minutes as Taylor and was more ineffective? They’re both bad right now and the only reason Taylor is better than Bell because it looks like he’s trying and playing defense.

I'm confused, should we be mad?? I'm feeling disappointed. Maybe a bit depressed. Maybe this flick will help me sort it all out.

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

What two year starter is worse than Bell? What sophomore played as many minutes as Taylor and was more ineffective? They’re both bad right now and the only reason Taylor is better than Bell because it looks like he’s trying and playing defense.
I really hate to agree, but I do. I think Bell got so many minutes last year because in theory, we needed him to be good (and this has continued this year). He is a player who seems to have gotten a lot of minutes out of need and hope he'll be better versus what he's producing on the court. JT is an interesting one. He can do some other things besides just shooting but this year has regressed (even this season it seems).

I think Bell got so many minutes last year because in theory, we needed him to be good (and this has continued this year). He is a player who seems to have gotten a lot of minutes out of need and hope he'll be better versus what he's producing on the court.

JB and red have both mentioned they need to get Chris going. They know they lack shooting and if he plays well, the team has a higher ceiling. But waiting 2 years on a kid like that is wild. This is Syracuse hoops. Recruit over him. He hasn’t shown he deserves to hold down starting at the SF position for 2 straight years without being challenged by a transfer. I’m just hoping they don’t hold his starting spot for a third straight year. Wouldn’t mind him as a sub to hunt 3s when needed next year though.

The word that popped into my mind is RESIGNED.

I was at SU for my BS & MS from 1979-85. Those were the Pearl years. Many of us probably took it for granted that it would be like that forever.

It was incredible from the 1980s to the 2012-13.

Followed by the last ten years. Do I still watch the games? Yes, but if it's not on TV I don't go out of my way to find where it may be streamed, and sometimes I even forgot there was a game on, it's on the back of my mind somewhere.

Do I think we can bounce back to top 25? Yes. The portal allows a program to quickly get talent and if the talent mesh well with each other and the coaches, things can turn around very quickly. However, it also mean the portal can turn a top 25 program into a bottom feeder the next season. Players today are mercenaries, they come and go, there is no loyalty. There is also no accountability as the NIL deals are not tied by design to on court performance and level of effort. So can we find success YES, will that success be sustainable I doubt very much.

No not mad, just acceptance that the golden years are in the rear view mirror.

Last edited:
JB and red have both mentioned they need to get Chris going. They know they lack shooting and if he plays well, the team has a higher ceiling. But waiting 2 years on a kid like that is wild. This is Syracuse hoops. Recruit over him. He hasn’t shown he deserves to hold down starting at the SF position for 2 straight years without being challenged by a transfer. I’m just hoping they don’t hold his starting spot for a third straight year. Wouldn’t mind him as a sub to hunt 3s when needed next year though.
Correct, which is why I say that it appears he has gotten crazy minutes for a guy who has produced as little as he has. It's based on hope and need, not production. He is the opposite of Maliq. The fact that he still starts is indicative of a talent issue at the sf position.

I’ll be honest, I’m still extremely mad when we lose. I’m sure you all can tell by my posts in the game thread and shortly after the game. I hate losing even more than I love winning.

Not mad at all for full disclosure. Went to grad school in RDU will not name the school, but was there during the Grant Hill, Stackhouse days. Brian Reese was driving a brand new M5 at that time. Still close with people in the area. The deck is stacked against us will just leave it like that.

Attachments

• IMG_0190_Original (1).jpg
    IMG_0190_Original (1).jpg
    844.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824