Is anyone honestly surprised? | Syracusefan.com

Is anyone honestly surprised?

SUOrangeSU

All Conference
Honestly ask yourself..are you really surprised it’s all came to the surface finally?

Basketball as a whole as completely changed since the 2000’s (college, nba etc). It’s a shooting sport now.
We still run a defense that no one runs exclusively in the country…because it’s outdated.
We still run the same “offense” from the 90s and 2000s…it’s outdated.

No one else neglects the transfer portal like we do/have been doing.
No one brings in a 8 man freshmen class of non 5 star players like we did. It’s a recipe for this.

I think it’s all just hit the fan all at once now. I think it’s been masked or “lipstick on a pig” with a great regular season or a crazy run in the tourny in the past.

Just sad to watch and I feel for the players

Honestly ask yourself..are you really surprised it’s all came to the surface finally?

Basketball as a whole as completely changed since the 2000’s (college, nba etc). It’s a shooting sport now.
We still run a defense that no one runs exclusively in the country…because it’s outdated.
We still run the same “offense” from the 90s and 2000s…it’s outdated.

No one else neglects the transfer portal like we do/have been doing.
No one brings in a 8 man freshmen class of non 5 star players like we did. It’s a recipe for this.

I think it’s all just hit the fan all at once now. I think it’s been masked or “lipstick on a pig” with a great regular season or a crazy run in the tourny in the past.

Just sad to watch and I feel for the players
“No one neglects the transfer portal like we do” despite having used the transfer portal and before to get some of the better players in the last decade…

Seems on par a lot of us claimed this will get worse and worse as we go along and I think most of us still stand by that. As long as JB is coach or one of his asst. take over this will get worse.

So what has been surprising? Here are some of mine.

1. Chris Bell starting. Never saw it, but it’s clear JB makes promises.
2. People on here who were surprised that JB dumped MTM as quickly as he did.
3. Benny regressing from the very limited looks we got last year.
4. Judah not finding a way to drive AND dish to shooters.

When JB wouldn’t go out and recruit when we had the sanctions and were limited to so many guys on the road, it was obvious he wasn’t going to ever get back in the grind.

It’s just amazing the school let him take it to this point. I really don’t even care anymore what the results are. I’m sure there are many more like me, used to go to games when they played near me, spent a bunch on gear, got riled up by losses, etc. That’s all been gone for years now. I still watch all the games, out of some misplaced obligation, and hope someday to get the joy back in watching Cuse basketball.

The stands tonight, the complete lack of energy, the ineptitude. How can this continue?!?

Lol neither team could throw it in the ocean. But if you want to think we were getting better ok. But all the evidence is against you. A fluky game or two are meaningless. We have been horrible since the start
I mean, the evidence isn’t against me. i can’t debate the point that the games were “flukes”. They happened.

...and you are being weird and aggressive about this with the “lol” stuff. We can just agree to disagree

Ahhh you’re still hanging on. Gotcha
I just think the argument is false. Gbinje, White, Gillon, Chuckwu, Elijah, Swider, Jimmy and Griffin all transfers who ended up giving quality to great minutes. Just because Syracuse didn’t bring in 6 guys this year it means the team has neglected the portal? Get out of here

Last edited:
They haven’t. They are really bad from the jump and had a couple fluky games where opponents played horrible
This is just false. Miami, UNC, Virginia pt 2, NC State, all 4 of those games were flukes? Syracuse didn’t do ANYTHING right? It was all the other team doing everything wrong? Stupidest thing I’ve read all year.

It's what we sadly deserve. Not
I just think the argument is false. Gbinje, White, Gillon, Chuckwu, Elijah, Swider, Jimmy and Griffin all transfers who ended up giving quality to great minutes. Just because Syracuse didn’t bring in 6 guys this year it means the team has neglected the portal? Get out of here

So we used the portal to get some of our best players in the last decade and Jimmy was one of them?? Homer isn't just a town near Cortland.

In totality, no.

I am surprised that the team has gotten worse at the year went on.
Yeah the zone has been the wrong answer for a while because of broad trends but this unraveling is incredible.

A little bit of zone begs skilled people to shoot high value shots a good amount of dead legs, a heavy pinch of no confidence and a whole lot of screw it I'm going to the portal

This is just false. Miami, UNC, Virginia pt 2, NC State, all 4 of those games were flukes? Syracuse didn’t do ANYTHING right? It was all the other team doing everything wrong? Stupidest thing I’ve read all year.

Doing good things in a game to almost get results had potential when we sat at 12-6. A premise that correlated with progress. We then proceeded to go 4-8 since with 4 straight blowouts to semi blowouts. Hanging ones hat on hey look we almost... should have if the refs.. are still too young...

Progress translates to good outcomes. A stretch of better play representing real growth as players and a team doesn't land like this. More than a few wins this year have been fool's gold in the form up teams missing open shots / not taking them that have been available for every opponent paired with such a weak schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom