Is Bagley expected back next Saturday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Bagley expected back next Saturday

Mike Krzyzewski offers little more insight into a Marvin Bagley return. "It's a day to day thing. Marvin has a problem or else he would play. He's getting better. The thing is, it's not a structural problem. But if we weren't concerned about him having more injury, he'd play. He's not ready. He's getting closer. I don't know when it'll happen. I'm not going to push him."

Mike Krzyzewski offers little more insight into a Marvin Bagley return. "It's a day to day thing. Marvin has a problem or else he would play. He's getting better. The thing is, it's not a structural problem. But if we weren't concerned about him having more injury, he'd play. He's not ready. He's getting closer. I don't know when it'll happen. I'm not going to push him."
You mean Bagley at 60% isn’t good enough for K? ;)

JB said tonight on his show he doesn’t expect him to play

Last edited by a moderator:
If he does play

tenor.gif

Lots of talk that Duke has played much better with Allen up top with Bagley out. They have won 4 in a row since he’s been injured.

Allen was shooting .375 from 3 with Bagley playing and 42% since. He was averaging 14.3 points a game with Bagley but a huge jump to 23.8 points the last 4 games without him. Looks like we might want Bagley playing. Coach K might want to hold Bagley out for as long as he can, to insure he’s totally healed. ;)

Lots of talk that Duke has played much better with Allen up top with Bagley out. They have won 4 in a row since he’s been injured.

Allen was shooting .375 from 3 with Bagley playing and 42% since. He was averaging 14.3 points a game with Bagley but a huge jump to 23.8 points the last 4 games without him. Looks like we might want Bagley playing. Coach K might want to hold Bagley out for as long as he can, to insure he’s totally healed. ;)
He hasnt played our guards. Wasnt impressive last year either.

Dukes 4 game winning streak. Gtech who are terrible ( Yes they beat SU), Vtech and Clemson who want to play the same style of ball that Duke does but don't have as good of players and Lville, who just got nuked by the NCAA. The Orange can beat them if they come with a complete effort and avoid mental errors.

Oshae and Moyer need to play smash bros for one game and just absolutely dominate the boards so chukwu can focus on defending shots. Fully confident Battle and Howard can disrupt and get in the heads of their guards. Really think this is a big big game for Howard and Battle. Hope Greyson tries to take Frank’s head out of the game because frank seems to play into that well.

We've lost to numerous teams missing their best player this year, so keeping with that theme, it probably doesn't matter if he plays or not.

I'm fascinated to see how this plays out. Is it better to play and have your games vacated later or hold them out. I wish cuse played with Fab Melo
If there is solid proof of a violation, definitely the latter IMO.

I'm fascinated to see how this plays out. Is it better to play and have your games vacated later or hold them out. I wish cuse played with Fab Melo
They will not have wins vacated. The NCAA would never do that to K. There was an FBI investigation into an agent that showed Maggette was paid before he got to Duke and they didn't have to vacate wins or that final 4. Will never happen.

Hey future top recruits...you want to pick a school where if you’re out hurt the narrative doesn’t become “they’re better without you.” The narrative doesn’t become “you were holding back some 26 year old psycho bound for a few years in the G League”.

Don’t go to schools like that. Duke isn’t that special.

That's what I never got about the punishment. SU held out Fab Melo and that didn't get taken into account at all.
Agree, but also keep in mind we had to vacate the whole season anyway cause they deemed other players ineligible.

Agree, but also keep in mind we had to vacate the whole season anyway cause they deemed other players ineligible.
Exactly so you might as well go out and win a title. The NCAA can’t vacate memories.

Just saw that bolden had to have some king of facial/nasal surgery a couple days ago - will he be available?

Just saw that bolden had to have some king of facial/nasal surgery a couple days ago - will he be available?
He's not expected to miss any time.

They will not have wins vacated. The NCAA would never do that to K. There was an FBI investigation into an agent that showed Maggette was paid before he got to Duke and they didn't have to vacate wins or that final 4. Will never happen.
This guy gets it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom