Is Battle going to play Monday? Let's speculate | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Battle going to play Monday? Let's speculate

Depends on whether he injured his spinal column. If he has an inflammation between the vertebrai he will not be playing. Otherwise he will be playing. I am not a doctor but I stayed in a Holiday Inn.

Given that the crash looked like a potential back injury he should have been taken out immediately. You do not walk off a back injury. Immobility is the safest way to proceed when there is a possibility of a back injury.

Seems that he primarily landed on his side in a way that might have injured his back but might not. We will know tomorrow and not before.

Last edited:
I doubt you got the treatment he got the last 4 days.
Actually I was pulled off flying duties and sent to the hospital. Was doped up and left 48 hours later... really fast recovery though.

You do know that you were suppose to get off the dope once your back healed. right?
Nice...u ashhole. ;)

Actually I was back out sitting SAC alert 48 hours later to replace the guy that covered for me.

I doubt you got the treatment he got the last 4 days.
Aside from eating and sleeping, he was doing some type of treatment as soon as he got back from home. If he went.

I feel like he will be just fine. But either way unless the guy is wheel chair bound Boeheim is playing him 38 minutes in this game. Not that JB wouldn't run the kid to failure even if it was a game against Colgate, but this game is critical. It is a winnable game against a P5 team in the preconference. Exactly the losses that have kept us on the on the bubble or out of the tourney the last few years. If it was Kansas, go ahead and sit him, but Maryland at home should be a very winnable game.

I feel like he will be just fine. But either way unless the guy is wheel chair bound Boeheim is playing him 38 minutes in this game. Not that JB wouldn't run the kid to failure even if it was a game against Colgate, but this game is critical. It is a winnable game against a P5 team in the preconference. Exactly the losses that have kept us on the on the bubble or out of the tourney the last few years. If it was Kansas, go ahead and sit him, but Maryland at home should be a very winnable game.
You are implying that the players health does not come first.

the "mystery of the injury thing" is over rated in my book. teams are prepared to play us.

Not in a case involving far and away our best player. They either have to game plan to stop him... Or they don't.

Doubt if he plays.. Let's face it, if he was ok and ready to go they would say so. If not they would probably not say anything. What have they said?

Sounds like he didn't scrimmage. That doesn't bode well. I'd sign up for 25 minutes but I'm not optimistic we will get that.

It’s all up to how he feels. They probably didn’t want him scrimmaging because it would increase the percentage of him reinjuring his back.

I had a very similar injury to my back playing in high school and could barely move prior to the game laying on my back in bed for 3 days. Once I got on the court I was able to move around and played pretty well.

You are implying that the players health does not come first.

No I didn't say that. Difference between playing a kid who has limited mobility/pain and disregarding his health.

I think he will play and start. How many minutes is up in the air. All depends on how he moves and can deal with some minor pain. My target is 25 minutes.

If it's a close game he's playing 40. More if it goes to OT.