Is Battle going to play Monday? Let's speculate | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is Battle going to play Monday? Let's speculate

It doesn't always.
I'm trying to think in the last 43 years, have a seen Syracuse play a kid that was obviously injured? Not really. I have seen us play guys that were banged up a bit. But no where they would injure themselves further by playing. Who are you thinking of?

I'm trying to think in the last 43 years, have a seen Syracuse play a kid that was obviously injured? Not really. I have seen us play guys that were banged up a bit. But no where they would injure themselves further by playing. Who are you thinking of?

Agreed. I can think of Sims getting his wrist banged up in the NC game and coming back in and looking to be in some pain - last game of his career regardless and a championship on the line.

And GMac trying to give it a go against Texas A&M before shutting it down.

I could probably name a slew of guys who were between banged up and injured. But DC2 last year was far worse than banged up and probably shouldn't have been on the roster.

I've seen guys play with casts on their arms.

I've seen guys play with casts on their arms.

Pretty sure BMK played with one for a third of a year. Remember someone playing with a really bad back for a bit around the same year.

Terrance Roberts?

I think he plays. I think he could have played at the end of the last game but the game was never in doubt and there was no reason for it.

BZ9CR92CIAAhM0D.jpg

Obviously, I have to be more clear. Of course we have played guys that have been banged up. It's a rough sport. I'm talking about playing guys that are injured. Not hurt. I can't see us playing a guy that by playing, the injury will get worse.

Obviously, I have to be more clear. Of course we have played guys that have been banged up. It's a rough sport. I'm talking about playing guys that are injured. Not hurt. I can't see us playing a guy that by playing, the injury will get worse.

That's why I brought up Roberts. He needed knee surgery, but decided to tough it out and play through even though he was in pain / his mobility was impaired. I think it fits the conditions you're specifying.

Agreed. I can think of Sims getting his wrist banged up in the NC game and coming back in and looking to be in some pain - last game of his career regardless and a championship on the line.

Actually it wasn’t just Texas A&M. I believe GMac played with an injured groin for most his senior season, or at least the Big East portion of the schedule.

I close my eyes and I can still see CJ driving left and then pulling up for a mid-range jumper. Man he was a baller!

It's just a bruise/impact injury, right? Tyus seems like a tough player and he just needs to gauge whether he can play through the pain to an acceptable level. A bruise doesn't get worse by playing on it.

Arinze vs. Oakland, November 2009. That's my first thought; I'm sure there are others. Just how things are done, it's not the veiled criticism of coach or game that I think some are insinuating.

I think Battle will give it a go, but I'm worried it will be like the times he played at less than 100% last year. Hope the rest of the guys are ready to pick him up.