Is Battle going to play Monday? Let's speculate | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Is Battle going to play Monday? Let's speculate

I think Battle will give it a go, but I'm worried it will be like the times he played at less than 100% last year. Hope the rest of the guys are ready to pick him up.
Going to be tough but could be huge for the rest of the season if he can't go and we win this game. Would show the rest of the team, they can win without their superstar and will show Tyus that he doesn't need to go hero-ball for us to win games.

Pretty sure BMK played with one for a third of a year. Remember someone playing with a really bad back for a bit around the same year.

Todd Burgan also had a cast on his arm.

It's just a bruise/impact injury, right? Tyus seems like a tough player and he just needs to gauge whether he can play through the pain to an acceptable level. A bruise doesn't get worse by playing on it.

Yeah, but the article in the paper said he was still grabbing at his back, although he seemed to be moving "fluidly". So I get the sense that it's still sore, and he's worried about it. If it's just a bruise, he has to tough it out. If it's back spasms. that's different, but that's not what has been reported.

Yeah not enough creators and speed out there if he can’t go. Wouldn’t be good.

BZ9CR92CIAAhM0D.jpg
That was a glorious, glorious game and tournament

If it is a back injury as DD seemed to say, as opposed to a muscle or bone bruise, he is not playing. Spinal injuries do not heel quickly and they can be exacerbated easily. Still not certain what type injury it is.

If it is a back injury as DD seemed to say, as opposed to a muscle or bone bruise, he is not playing. Spinal injuries do not heel quickly and they can be exacerbated easily. Still not certain what type injury it is.
:confused:
couldn't it be a muscle/bone bruise and a back injury? like, a bruised bone/muscle in his back?

Last edited:

I mean if that was the case would he be doing drills at practice?

Glad we have a professional orthopedic assessment through simply viewing it on TV.
Really. It is simply an observation. He landed on his back. There did not appear to be any twisting or anything which would have suggested anything other than impact. Just from appearances if that was my kid I would not have sought medical treatment. Rest, ice, compression. Almost everything on here is based on observations from a distance. Glad we have hysterical Nancy's on here blowing everything into emotional conflagrations.

of course he'll suit up, and probably start - it's just what he'll actually be able to do when he's out there
given that he could barely get up and down the court after the injury, i'd say it wasn't such a sure thing he'd be able to dress for tonight's game.