Is Battle going to play Monday? Let's speculate | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Is Battle going to play Monday? Let's speculate

Uh, who the heck is saying that? :mad::mad:
Well, for one...you - and I quote:

"I love Tyus and I realize this was just a bad timing thing when he was up faked but he does tend to spend some time on the shelf."

Maybe he can pull a Willis Reed; hit jumpers during waarm-up, play good defense, not do much on offense but enough to win the game.

"I love Tyus and I realize this was just a bad timing thing when he was up faked but he does tend to spend some time on the shelf."

Are you kidding? He missed games last year. He had a few injuries in high school. He missed most of his junior year in fact with a foot injury. Those are facts. I never said he was soft.

I’ve been touting Tyus Battle and watching him play in person since he was 15. He’s had injuries. I never questioned his toughness. Quite the opposite. You are way out of line.

The kid had a foot injury in high school. If someone says they hope it doesn't become a recurring that doesn't mean they think he is soft.

Are you kidding? He missed games last year. He had a few injuries in high school. He missed most of his junior year in fact with a foot injury. Those are facts. I never said he was soft.

I’ve been touting Tyus Battle and watching him play in person since he was 15. He’s had injuries. I never questioned his toughness. Quite the opposite. You are way out of line.
It sounds to me like your deflecting Tyus hater. This is great. I needed a good laugh before this game which I'm nervous about.

Correct. You have just got to stop w the Howard W stuff. He will not play a second not should he outside of injury or foul outs. There have been much much more talented frosh who were 4th guards and never played.

He is an ok program guy.. Will be the 4th guard next year too though, unfortunately.

You are not listening. I'm not saying he WILL play. I'm saying he SHOULD. And I don't have to stop. It's my opinion. If Tyus misses a game, Washington will be pressed into duty and he won't have the game action under his belt. Would you please stop tilting your posts negatively towards Washington, how about that? That sounds ridiculous, right?

And if SU only plays 3 guards, like JB does, we better get more out of Geno Thorpe. Howard Washington would've played better than Geno did tonight. He couldn't play worse. Thorpe has had one great half this year and has not played well outside of that. Washington is capable of being solid but probably won't get a shot because he's a freshman and Thorpe is a 5th year senior.

"Back" to Tyus. He was a warrior tonight. Was in obvious pain, gutted it out and made the most important shot of the game. We lose without his three that put us up 4 and he did more than enough to keep them honest.

Kudos to Tyus.

You are not listening. I'm not saying he WILL play. I'm saying he SHOULD. And I don't have to stop. It's my opinion. If Tyus misses a game, Washington will be pressed into duty and he won't have the game action under his belt. Would you please stop tilting your posts negative towards Washington, how about that? That sounds ridiculous, right?

And if SU only plays 3 guards, like JB does, we better get more out of Geno Thorpe. Howard Washington would've played better than Geno did tonight. He couldn't play worse. Thorpe has had one great half this year and has not played well outside of that. Washington is capable being solid but probably won't get a shot because he's a freshman and Thorpe is a 5th year senior.
I certainly don't think it's a fact that Washington would have played better than Thorpe tonight.

I certainly don't think it's a fact that Washington would have played better than Thorpe tonight.

I never said it was a fact. If HW keeps collecting splinters, I don't see how he will ever play well when called upon. That said, GT didn't do anything positive tonight in his limited minutes.

I never said it was a fact. If HW keeps collecting splinters, I don't see how he will ever play well when called upon. That said, GT didn't do anything positive tonight in his limited minutes.
Jb plays to win the game tonight. He fears that Washington might turn it over and we only won by 2. There are games coming up where Washington will play. Sadly, it might be Saturday because of the score.

Jb plays to win the game tonight. He fears that Washington might turn it over and we only won by 2. There are games coming up where Washington will play. Sadly, it might be Saturday because of the score.

I just want him ready if needed. That's all. Really hope Thorpe starts to play effective minutes. He looks really shaky.

yeah I really thought that big 1st half he had the other night would get him going... but, nope
I think he’s trying hard to find his part in the rotation every time he’s out there . He just needs to get going . I think the confidence is there just needs a chance to stay on the floor. Maybe Kansas will be his breakout .

I think he’s trying hard to find his part in the rotation every time he’s out there . He just needs to get going . I think the confidence is there just needs a chance to stay on the floor. Maybe Kansas will be his breakout .

I agree with the first sentence. He's pressing. Not sure he's confident. JB has been treating him like a green frosh too with the lectures and quick hooks.

I agree with the first sentence. He's pressing. Not sure he's confident. JB has been treating him like a green frosh too with the lectures and quick hooks.
I had a decent view of the bench and wanted to see his reaction, after the quick hook he seemed ok JB just said something quick to him . I don’t think it’s going to be a big issue all year, I know people hate on last year but Gillon struggled his first 15 games or so then found his role. Hopefully this time it doesn’t take that long . We really need him . Another thing, I think this team really gets along like previously stated. I think at one point chukwu forgot there was a game going on and had to be called over when Sidibe got fouled out. I’m glad it looks like they are having fun it’s important.

I had a decent view of the bench and wanted to see his reaction, after the quick hook he seemed ok JB just said something quick to him . I don’t think it’s going to be a big issue all year, I know people hate on last year but Gillon struggled his first 15 games or so then found his role. Hopefully this time it doesn’t take that long . We really need him . Another thing, I think this team really gets along like previously stated. I think at one point chukwu forgot there was a game going on and had to be called over when Sidibe got fouled out. I’m glad it looks like they are having fun it’s important.

I think Thorpe will settle in but he just does not look dynamic. Maybe his ankle is still not 100%. I don't know but he just looks...there. Maybe he looks slow because he's overthinking things. Hope he gets going soon because we need him to be better.