Is Battle going to play Monday? Let's speculate | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Is Battle going to play Monday? Let's speculate

:confused:
couldn't it be a muscle/bone bruise and a back injury? like, a bruised bone/muscle in his back?
Should have been more specific. Injured vertebrae is what I meant. Inflamation there is not to be messed with. There is cartilege between the vertabrae and if there is swelling he will not play. I surmise that the medical people already know if he will play. I stayed in a holiday inn. The downtown holiday inn in anchorage is the pits.

Last edited:
Remember how I saw Howard Washington was going to be our "in case of emergency, break glass" player?

Well...

Remember when I said ad nauseum that we should’ve been rotating 4 guards?

With or without Battle I'd be shocked if he played minus foul trouble.

I think that grabbing his back is perhaps a good sign. It is something you would do for soreness. If it was nerve pain you would not want to touch your back.

If Battle plays(and I believe he will) he is playing as close to 40 as possible. There’s no way he’s going to stay loose if he comes out.

Remember? You haven't stopped saying it. For someone to remember something you have to stop for a period of time. My guess is Battle can go but won't be 100% and he plays 25 minutes with Howard playing close to 40 and Thorpe playing the balance. We will see. Thank got we are getting Maryland without a lot of time to prepare for the zone and thank god they are coached by Mark Turgeon. I think it is going to be a rock fight tonight.

Remember? You haven't stopped saying it. For someone to remember something you have to stop for a period of time. My guess is Battle can go but won't be 100% and he plays 25 minutes with Howard playing close to 40 and Thorpe playing the balance. We will see. Thank got we are getting Maryland without a lot of time to prepare for the zone and thank god they are coached by Mark Turgeon. I think it is going to be a rock fight tonight.
Also, their 3rd game in four days

Really. It is simply an observation. He landed on his back. There did not appear to be any twisting or anything which would have suggested anything other than impact. Just from appearances if that was my kid I would not have sought medical treatment. Rest, ice, compression. Almost everything on here is based on observations from a distance. Glad we have hysterical Nancy's on here blowing everything into emotional conflagrations.
Glad I'm not your kid.

Thus, “ad nauseum.” “Remember” was self-deprecating. I love Tyus and I realize this was just a bad timing thing when he was up faked but he does tend to spend some time on the shelf.

If you break the glass in an emergency and the fire extinguisher doesn’t work, you can’t put out the fire.

If Battle plays(and I believe he will) he is playing as close to 40 as possible. There’s no way he’s going to stay loose if he comes out.
I disagree. Stay loose? Battle has a bruised coccyx. Battle just has to play through the pain.

He will play if he knows what's good for him. The whispers of Battle being soft will only grow if he sits out. Won't happen, he's playing. It will be up to JB to monitor his play.

If Battle plays(and I believe he will) he is playing as close to 40 as possible
unless in early minutes he's in too much pain and/or JB sees that he just isn't effective

So without Tyus, Geno and FH play 40? MM up top won’t work.
Correct. You have just got to stop w the Howard W stuff. He will not play a second not should he outside of injury or foul outs. There have been much much more talented frosh who were 4th guards and never played.

He is an ok program guy.. Will be the 4th guard next year too though, unfortunately.

I disagree. Stay loose? Battle has a bruised coccyx. Battle just has to play through the pain.

He will play if he knows what's good for him. The whispers of Battle being soft will only grow if he sits out. Won't happen, he's playing. It will be up to JB to monitor his play.

Battle is referred to as soft? that must be some of that fake ass news Donald talks about - he's been our toughest defender since he arrived

No one knows anything, so let's use this thread for worthless speculation. This is such a pivotal game to boost our resume.

Are you guys optimistic Tyus plays? Backs are so dicey, so I don't know what to think.

If it's a bone bruise, I think that's much better than a muscle issue. A muscle issue could linger all season.

Uh, who the heck is saying that? :mad::mad:

Uh, who the heck is saying that? :mad::mad:
Fans that want him to stay for 3 years? Let's make up stuff and hope the scouts buy into it.

There are so many factors that come into play with a back/sacrum/SI joint injury that no one here can predict whether Tyus will be fine tonight or whether his play will be hampered for weeks. I treat many back injuries on a daily basis, and I can state as fact that each one is completely different.

Battle is referred to as soft? that must be some of that fake ass news Donald talks about - he's been our toughest defender since he arrived
Kids and teams get tired. I would rather have a team that hasn't played since last weds than a team that played twice this weekend and than came up to Syracuse from Florida.

Fans that want him to stay for 3 years? Let's make up stuff and hope the scouts buy into it.
Someone isn't a fan if they are criticizing our own kids to try to hope they stay longer. Some people want kids to come back but that is not that same as wishing for something like that. Who has done that? I've not heard anyone call Battle soft.